Kontakt 5 Black Friday deal query

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I see NI have knocked 50% the purchase price from £339 to £169.
The upgrade price is £89 - can anyone confirm if this is the usual price or is this a deal too?
Thanks

EDIT: it looks like a 99 dollars in USD upgrade now which strikes me as a discount, although my memory is fuzzy I think it is.

I have a question regarding Kontakt as well..

Question regarding the NI Black Friday deals... If I buy say Kontakt, and then want to buy Komplete at a later date, do I pay for the full price of komplete or price of komplete minus price of kontakt?

AB69 wrote:I have a question regarding Kontakt as well..

Question regarding the NI Black Friday deals... If I buy say Kontakt, and then want to buy Komplete at a later date, do I pay for the full price of komplete or price of komplete minus price of kontakt?
They usually have 'crossgrade' pricing for that and sometimes have sales for those too.

BBFG# wrote:
AB69 wrote:I have a question regarding Kontakt as well..

They usually have 'crossgrade' pricing for that and sometimes have sales for those too.
Just to double check...

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... e/pricing/

I am there and I went to crossgrade in 1 of the tabs. It said "This crossgrade only works for users of MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE (but not MASCHINE MIKRO), KONTAKT 1-5, REAKTOR 2-5, GUITAR RIG KONTROL 1-5 (but not LE, GO, XE, SESSION or other versions of GUITAR RIG).
You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!"

So basically I need either: maschine, kontakt, reaktor, or guitar rig kontrol first. If i have 1 of those, I can then crossgrade to Komplete 10 at a cheaper price at a later date correct?

EDIT: Also any idea how much cheaper it would be?
Thanks.

If you select crossgrade in the first dropdown list, the price updates immediately. Just look a bit to the right.

What I did last year was get Kontakt for 200 and then crossgrade on the sale to KU9 for 400, so 600 total which I think was 40% less than retail for Komplete Ultimate which is 1000. KU10 might go on sale at some point for 50% or 500, so this way is 100 bucks more, but you get Kontakt sooner and possibly KU sooner if the summer upgrade sale is the next sale and KU isn't discount until next black Friday.
However the deal for Komplete would be Kontakt for 200 and Komplete for 200 so 400 for a 500 dollar product. You can probably do better at some future sale, possibly 50% off or 250 instead of 400.

This has strayed off my original query - Does anyone know the answer to this?
...no one here upgraded any time recently?

I'm getting no response from NI directly.

I was wondering this as well. In AUD it's listed as $149, which as far as I can remember is the same as the normal upgrade price. Also, the original full version price is shown with a strikethrough next to the special price, but not so for the upgrade. During previous sales I'm pretty sure it's been reduced to something like $99AUD.

I think I have to disappoint you.

The last times I upgraded Kontakt, I always went with the 50% deals and I paid about 50bucks or so? However, the update is listed for 99EUR. So I assume there is no deal going on on that behalf.

Sadly, Thomann (Germany) doesn't list the Updates anymore - I think they're only available directly through NI now. Else I could give you a definite answer. But... 99EUR is the listed price, not crossed out like the full price of 399EUR (down to 199EUR). The crossgrade price also remained the same - 249EUR from any Kontakt Player enabled library that is listed amongst "qualified for crossgrade".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

thanks for the replies - I thought it wasn't a deal but couldn't remember the upgrade price when I last looked a couple of months back.

oddbod wrote:I see NI have knocked 50% the purchase price from £339 to £169.
The upgrade price is £89 - can anyone confirm if this is the usual price or is this a deal too?
Thanks
That's the regular upgrade price I'm pretty sure.

IIRC, NI sometimes do upgrade sales but they're separate from the regular sales.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
oddbod wrote:I see NI have knocked 50% the purchase price from £339 to £169.
Thanks
That's the regular upgrade price I'm pretty sure.
Really do hope so, if that is discounted upgrade pricing, I hope for Kontakt 6 in 2020 :oops:

Borrowing the thread a quickie! =)

Was just wondering how kontakt goes about saving samples? Does it refer to the original sample location or does it copy the samples (and if it does, where does it copy them?) or create any fade files or smth?..

I'm a real samplehonic, so it may happen that i re-organize my samplpe library from time to time!..
...NO!

p12 wrote:Was just wondering how kontakt goes about saving samples? Does it refer to the original sample location or does it copy the samples (and if it does, where does it copy them?) or create any fade files or smth?..
NI just implemented a snapshot button in the Kontakt interface which is handy, you can read some discussion about that here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5899934

Return to “Instruments”