Focal Spirit Pro vs Beyerdynamic dt-880

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mix mostly on dynaudio bm6a-mkii and ns10ms and behringer sub in a small room.

The bass of course isn't perfect in the room so in looking to check the bass (and other frequencies / dynamics etc too) but mostly bass.

Which ones are more accurate for bass to translate ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Beyerdynamic dt-880, without doubt! ;-)

I've heard really good things about Focal Spirits.

I personally have the 880's and love them. Super comfy, very detailed, and accurate to me. Only potential problem is there semi-closed/open back so you need some peace and quiet, but it also helps with the stereo field.

I have a pair of spirit pros and they are stupendous. They are closed cans so bass will be more apparent as opposed to a semi open design (880). For a closed design, the spirit pros are super detailed and surprisingly have a very nice stereo field as well. The 880s are way more comfortable and the spirit pros look a bit silly when actually put on (if any of that even matters).

You can't go wrong with either but so far I'm really enjoying my spirit pros - they translate extremely well and are very revealing.

Thanks for the replies. Also. Which would sound more different from dynaudio bm6amk2 ? Dt880 or focals ?

got both of them. having very dificult time deciding which ones to keep. both sound very good

Im leaning more towards Focals, even thou they are extremly uncomforatbel but sound more detailed, flatter and better bass.

dt-880 lack some low end

One word about the Focal Spirit Pros:

[Powered via headphone amp in my D-Box]

If the source is (too?) bright, they can be painfully bright. Therein lies the value for me (as well as a different perspective on bass and low-mids that what is offered by my HD-650s and Dynaudio BM5A). I would describe the bottom end as tight and dry.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”