Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

supernova wrote:Image
hihihi

thanks for the answer Urs. :tu:
Lenovo IdeaPad U330p Win8.1 Pro x64 | Ableton Suite 9.1.5 x32 | Some Synths

Urs wrote:
hyperconnectedspace wrote:ohh what a good news Urs. hope you guys can hold the before xmas date.
ahh how many filters you thinking will be included with Hive?
We'll see. I'm going for three different kinds with the full set of LP/BP/HP/BR each.
I wouldn't mind a comb filter....... Just saying ;)

hyperconnectedspace wrote:thanks for the answer Urs. :tu:
but I'm not working for u-he or even being Urs :-?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be happy about their work in progress getting leaked :hihi:

Will it have any effects from Bazille? I like Bazilles distortion effect and the way it's reverb can be run through a reverb plugin and still sound clear. I wish u-he effects were also separate plugins.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaboom75 wrote:Will it have any effects from Bazille? I like Bazilles distortion effect and the way it's reverb can be run through a reverb plugin and still sound clear. I wish u-he effects were also separate plugins.
Just my opinion, but for the target audience of this synth, I can't see that a spring reverb is appropriate.

Hive will be great for pads for any genre.

When can Bazille owners have a Bazrify?
So we can run our other synths through Bazilles effects they would be great on Hive.

Hive will have only the Phaser from Bazille (which is also in Diva). It has Diva's Chorus. But Distortion, Compressor, Delay, Reverb and EQ are coded specifically for Hive. Some of those are based on existing models though.

Urs wrote:Hive will have only the Phaser from Bazille (which is also in Diva). It has Diva's Chorus. But Distortion, Compressor, Delay, Reverb and EQ are coded specifically for Hive. Some of those are based on existing models though.
btw, about the phaser, I'm afraid the number of notches won't be "enough" for Hive.
Uhbik-P on the other hand has too many for the "usual" options...

Would be happy to see a switch for different a flavor of phaser (with more notches, up to maybe 8 or 12? ) at least for Bazille and Hive if not Diva. :)

Urs wrote:Hive will have only the Phaser from Bazille (which is also in Diva). It has Diva's Chorus. But Distortion, Compressor, Delay, Reverb and EQ are coded specifically for Hive. Some of those are based on existing models though.
That's great news about the phaser and chorus those are great. Thanks

3ee wrote:
btw, about the phaser, I'm afraid the number of notches won't be "enough" for Hive.
Uhbik-P on the other hand has too many for the "usual" options...

Would be happy to see a switch for different a flavor of phaser (with more notches, up to maybe 8 or 12? ) at least for Bazille and Hive if not Diva. :)
Yep. I was waiting for an affordable ARP Quadra to surface. We have a model based on that circuit, but no reference...

But maybe I can just add something homegrown to Hive... otoh we also have that 6/12 stage one form the other synth company...

I'm skipping the sweet Dune2 black friday sale, and wait for Hive.
Yes, I'm that confident (no just hope for a nice intro price) ;-)

Urs wrote:
ddeez wrote:Just the osc themselves sound much richer and fuller in diva then in zebra.
Nah, there's no magic in oscillators. If you set Zebra's oscillators to "crisp" instead of the IMHO more pleasant sounding "soft" tone you'll get a pretty identical spectrum from a Zebra oscillator vs. a Diva one for any identical waveform.
- Urs
strange to me diva osc sound a bit better too, with a saw bass i think zebra would need more eq to remove unwanted resonant frequencies and it have a kind of digital caractere , just the basic saw of the osc i don't like it much .
if we could just ear the moog diva osc for example , without the filter /amp , it would sound very similar to zebra ? it would be surprising,it's intresting.

i could try to sample a analog saw direclty out of a osc, but my feeling is that it sound better than many plugins cause there is no digital artifacts but i could be wrong . Is it possible to have sawtooth with no aliasing and not filtered in the highs?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:strange to me diva osc sound a bit better too
In Diva you can't ever hear the oscillator by itself. They always run through the filters and amplifiers. Even with filters fully opened they will still colour the sound of the oscillators.

In Zebra you can get pure oscillators (set to "crisp" mode if you need more treble). But if you put, say, a highpass and a lowpass (XMF) in series you can get pretty much the same thickness as you get in Diva.

The advantage of Zebra is, you can do all those things. The advantage of Diva is, you don't have to do them.

Urs wrote:It has Diva's Chorus.
No control over delay or feedback?

hakey wrote:
Urs wrote:It has Diva's Chorus.
No control over delay or feedback?
Well, there's a flanger inside the Phaser module. Which has feedback and IMHO sounds better than "chorus with feedback".

Why do you need control over delay? It's certainly something we can think about, but the delay/center parameter of chorusses never struck me as something overly useful. I wound't sacrifice, say, the different models for it (which have different center delays).

Return to “u-he”