Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GO UFC STYLE!!!!!

Or, just relax. Uncle is a very important part of our community, he's provided some excellent service and if he's just excited to show all the deals, what's the big deal?

Its always a question for a merchant or dev (even a little freebie semi-retired dev;), when you stop serving the board members and when you start serving yourself. Since I've basically stopped looking at the bargain thread because its the 80% Uncle E thread... yeah I think he is hurting the board right now.
There are posts around the old net saying the KVR is a good place to look for Black Friday musical stuff deals so it might be the first impression of quite a few folks is quite negative due to what I would call spamming. They aren't going to post to this thread, they are going to go away and never come back so it hurts Uncle E and KVR in the long run.

I just don't understand the human brain.

I just can't understand what is so bad? I'm not trying to take sides, just saying......I don't get it at all.

hibidy wrote:I just don't understand the human brain.

I just can't understand what is so bad? I'm not trying to take sides, just saying......I don't get it at all.
Me neither :(

Like I said, it's OK.

I guess more than that, I think it's unfair to get shot down for voicing an opinion.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I dunno, I'm not shooting anyone down. I'm just saying that I look forward to uncles bargains. I'm not interested in most, but I like to see what is brewing.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My point is moderation. We're lucky so far that right now it's just one store. But if we allow it, we're basically giving permission for others to follow suit.

What's stopping other store to bump that thread now for each item?
musisikamar.com

In almost any other forum one guy posting almost a whole page of back to back ads would be ban material. I get that its a bargain thread but there is a difference between helping the community find good deals and jumping up and down yelling look at me and all my sales and come to my shop and spend your money. KVR just needs to sticky an Uncle E thread and move his posts over, the bargain thread would shrink by a third. That's just too much advertising at no cost for any one member. Sorry.

bigcat1969 wrote: ... sticky an Uncle E thread and move his posts over, the bargain thread would shrink by a third.
More like a sixth... the other half of that 'third' would still be here finding someone or something else to rant about. :hihi:

Well, I'm just saying that if it's policed to any real degree, then there won't be as many bargain/discussion/etc.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

I have not yet begun to rant! Actually I have so thanks for your kind attention and I'll find other windmills with which to spar.
And since this is a wild and wooly forum, let me be utterly two-faced mention that I'm offering a 12 trillion % discount on all my instruments, also a 12 trillion % markup.

You few guys still don't get that the purpose is to bump every single bargain (as already pointed out by other members).
It doesn't matter who post the bargain. You have a problem with him not with the post as it is. How schizo is that?

He didn''t broke any KVR rules so jabbering "any other forum would.." is really lame too.

Please stop spamming this thread with your ridiculous approach to blame a great retailer and decent guy here! Hope a mod will chime in and tell you few to STFU finally.

Ungrateful bunch.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:You few guys still don't get that the purpose is to bump every single bargain (as already pointed out by other members).
It doesn't matter who post the bargain. You have a problem with him not with the post as it is. How schizo is that?

He didn''t broke any KVR rules so jabbering "any other forum would.." is really lame too.

Please stop spamming this thread with your ridiculous approach to blame a great retailer and decent guy here! Hope a mod will chime in and tell you few to STFU finally.

Ungrateful bunch.
The problem is that 'bargain info' only links to his store. Other store also have the same bargain but they don't go spamming and bumpin the thread with one item at a time.

Jrr know the detail of of discounted item before the black friday. Yet he conveniently chose to post one item at a time to maximize exposure on his own shop.
musisikamar.com

I for one don't like yams or cranberries. Mom thinks otherwise. Discuss.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”