Strange Crashes w/ M6

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

unfortunately... I got two strange crashes with M6.0.35 today

one crash happened while stretching a sample across multiple notes inside the MultiSampler... (specifically while moving towards C0)...

second crash happened while deleting a file within the project... not sure why.
after the first crash I switching over to the regular sampler for everything. only thing else I'm using is a reverb (Voxengo) and an Eq DDMF... nothing else really... attaching a screenshot for second crash.

if I should upgrade to newest test version, please let me know.

thanks

if this helps, here's error report:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MuLab.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 53c56b67
Fault Module Name: MuLab.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 53c56b67
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000009f29f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 79fd
Additional Information 2: 79fd4a2c196f7ebb8e359fde9236ef9f
Additional Information 3: 8705
Additional Information 4: 87055d0f6123024902c8403a733669b9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I tried repeating the first crash you described, but no crash yet. Is that first crash repeatable? What exact steps do i have to take to repeat that crash?

Please also elaborate about that second crash. What did you exactly do? And is this one repeatable?

Yes... the first crash was repeatable...

I loaded the Multi-sampler in the Session Mux, double-clicked it and hit the arrow button so I could load a sample... I dragged a sample from the browser onto the note area for C2, and stretched it a couple of keys to the right. I then high-lighted it and dragged it towards C0 and the error message came up. I saved the project under a different name and tried to do it again, and it crashed again.

The second crash wasn't repeatable, but happened when I tried to delete the high-lighted file in the pic. I had just rendered that clip to audio.

Thanks

(this may or may not make a difference, but are underscores allowed in Rack, Instrument names?)

I'll first concentrate on the first crash. I still can't repeat that one, even when using M6.0.35. So some extra questions to further narrow it down:
* Are you inserting a MultiSampla device or a Multi Sample Player module?
* Do you connect that device or module, or are you inserting the sample immediately after inserting the device/module.
* Can you please describe in even more detail what exact steps i must take to repeat that crash. Please list every single little step.

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for the help.
I tried to reproduce it last night, but could not.
I used the same project and everything, so I'm not quite sure.
It happened with the MultiSampla device. I will try again tonight, but will have more time over the weekend.
Will let you know if it happens again.... (hopefully not lol)

Thanks

Return to “MUTOOLS”