MUX Modular VST 6.1.29 release

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just another vote for keeping mux portable/no installer, it's one of the great things about it.

I guess a seperate installer option might be less confusing for new users if that was a concern.

I used to develop and supply an editor for Sims3 packages, both with an installer and without. It didn't need one but it did use the Windows registry and put data in %APPDATA%, so it wasn't a portable app in that sense; the installer also set the start menu entry and file associations. Out of each 500 downloads, nearly 440 were for the installer, with the remainder roughly equally split between compiled zip and source code. (I don't know how many bot scrapes those figures include but that would be equal across the types, further reducing the proportion of non-installer downloads, of course.) All I can say is people really do feel more comfortable with the installer format on Windows.

If you already had installed MUX Modular Plug-in 6.1.x, you can easily update to the new M6.1.29 official release version by applying the latest app patch available here: http://mutools.com/mux/app-patch/

What's changed since M6.1.28:
  • Factory Library Folder and User Library Folder are now editable preferences. This allows for a more customizable setup.
  • Fixed a specific problem in the VST engine which caused that the timing info given to the plugin was not ok at the end of the composition loop in case the audio engine block size was an integer multiple of the loop length.
Cheers!

Can I update only the 6.1.29 dlls like I did with v5.x ?
(and then insert the temp key I got form the shop)

As of now, it's impossible to DL mux 6.1.29 for the site...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

As an owner of MUX UL 5.5.1 am I entitled to upgrade to MUX 6 Modular?
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

http://mutools.com/shop.html

Look under Upgrades.

19 Euro
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Tp3 wrote:Can I update only the 6.1.29 dlls like I did with v5.x ?
See: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5962394
As of now, it's impossible to DL mux 6.1.29 for the site...
Should be better now, i assume there was a temporary server overload.

I use mux 6.1.29 modular as VST instrument. i add in manage shortcuts a key F6 or b and select the Key Option show/hide browser. This do not work.
i am sure i select the main MUX panel when press the key. but browser do not open or close. does this work on others ?

When i choose in the menu show browser and i click outside MUX window, the browser window is sent to back. happen on all DAW i test. i test cubase 7 le 32bit and magix music maker.
Is it possible that the browser window can stay on top same way as other windows of MUX stay on top ?

I see that in browser is a favourite menu. But i do not know how i can add favourites. I read the manual but i find nothing how i can add something here.

When the rack module is move to control panel it is only a rectangle. must click to open window to insert instrument and effects.Do you plan update, so the Rack can show full in the main Panel ?
If this because of size, if there are only 4 slots in Rack in Panel is ok for me too. I see in some synths that there are racks with 4 slots on the Main panel. so wy can this not work on my own wire ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:I use mux 6.1.29 modular as VST instrument. i add in manage shortcuts a key F6 or b and select the Key Option show/hide browser. This do not work. i am sure i select the main MUX panel when press the key. but browser do not open or close.
I did some tests and it does work but it really depends on which (child) window has the keyboard focus and that's also dependent on what the host does.

Now i have tweaked the MUX code so that a mouse click on the MUX-specific background part of the main plugin window makes sure that the MUX child window has the keyboard focus. Doing so ensures MUX keyboard shortcuts are processed by MUX, not by the host.
When i choose in the menu show browser and i click outside MUX window, the browser window is sent to back. happen on all DAW i test. i test cubase 7 le 32bit and magix music maker.
Is it possible that the browser window can stay on top same way as other windows of MUX stay on top ?
Yes i've tweaked the code so that also in MUX Modular Plug-In the browser has the same behavior as the plugin module windows. (this was already the case in MuLab)

If you want you can test both above improvements using the newest MUX Modular Plug-In version in this webfolder:

http://www.mutools.com/forsythia

Replace the current MUX 6.1 DLL + ID files by the new ones.
I see that in browser is a favourite menu. But i do not know how i can add favourites. I read the manual but i find nothing how i can add something here.
The favorite folders listed in the browser's "Where" list are the same favorites as listed/managed in the file/folder browser that pops up when you choose "Where" -> "Browse For Folder..."
In that popup window there also is a favorites folder icon button via which you can manage your favorite folders.

The updated docs now include this info, cfr http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... owser.html
When the rack module is move to control panel it is only a rectangle. must click to open window to insert instrument and effects.Do you plan update, so the Rack can show full in the main Panel?
I see in some synths that there are racks with 4 slots on the Main panel. so wy can this not work on my own wire ?
Currently this feature is not yet available to the user. It's used by the integrated devices like MuSynth, MuSampla, MuDrum etc. But it's planned to make this feature also available for user front panels.

great, now the browser window stay in front, and the keys work on cubase le 7 and Magix music Studio. On magix music maker key work not, seem a problem in magix music maker, because in magix music studio it work.

I notice that the sample players/slicers support now mp3 and ogg too. thats great. I can drag a .ogg file in the DAW browser and i can drop it on the MUX sample player. Only the MUX browser when switch to audio file, does not show mp3 or ogg files. I think mp3 or ogg files can show too in MUX browser, because they work ok in MUX 6.1. usefull it is because the magix music maker have good loops for rock , symphonic metal and moviescore and use .ogg format for loops. reslice the loops with slicer give new loops.

I notice when i have a sequence player in my wire. when i have "what" set to " sequence" "where" set to "this session", i can drag and drop sequences from MUX browser to the Sequence line in sequence player. But when i have in MUX browser what "sequence" and i only change "where" to "user library/sequence" with my sequence(i save in MUX 6.1), then drag and drop do not work.

I think it is also usefull that drag audio and midi files from MUX browser to DAW can work if it is not much work, because the MUX browser is better and smaller as the cubase or Magix browsers.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:great, now the browser window stay in front, and the keys work on cubase le 7 and Magix music Studio. On magix music maker key work not, seem a problem in magix music maker, because in magix music studio it work.
Yes i assume it's a host aspect too then.
Only the MUX browser when switch to audio file, does not show mp3 or ogg files.
For the difference between "audio files" and "samples", see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... mples.html

Maybe "Audio Files" is a bit a confusing term, maybe "Audio Streams" would be better?
I notice when i have a sequence player in my wire. when i have "what" set to " sequence" "where" set to "this session", i can drag and drop sequences from MUX browser to the Sequence line in sequence player. But when i have in MUX browser what "sequence" and i only change "where" to "user library/sequence" with my sequence(i save in MUX 6.1), then drag and drop do not work.
That's correct that's not yet supported, that's also why the drag-drop icon shows a "no go" icon. drag-drop is on the wishlist. Until then you can click the sequence field and choose "Open" then you can select the file with the popup file browser.

Tip: Whenever a popup file browser is active (not only in this case) you can drag-drop a file from Windows' explorer or Mac Finder onto the popup file browser to sync the file browser to that file path.

Return to “MUTOOLS”