Big Fish Audio Construction Kits?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering what your experience with Big Fish Audio construction kits is. I see that Retro Cool is on sale until tomorrow (I think), and includes 30 different "construction kits". Are these all loops of the various instruments - in other words, guitar loops, bass loops, drum loops, etc.? Will all of the loops within a particular kit "fit" together? I have worked with drum loops before, but not other instrument loops. Any opinions about the quality of Big Fish's loops and construction kits would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

You can download a Demo and try it out for yourself.

http://www.bigfishaudio.com/detail.html ... 1713::1471

Look at the Tab that says 'Free Sample Pack'.

or ... use this link

http://demo.bigfishaudio.net/downloads/ ... roCool.zip
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

How are they to work with, though? In other words, it seems clear to me that drum loops can be used as a creative springboard for a new song, but how hard is it to create new music using the instrumental loops included in these kits (for example, the guitar, keyboard and bass parts)? As I mentioned, I never worked with instrument loops before. I wouldn't want to get this (or another "construction kit") if it is difficult to create a song that sounds different from the song from which the parts originally came.

From how the loops sound in these and other similar kits I would think it will be difficult to complete your song. The loops sound overly processed. Can't say with certainty since I have never used one of these kits and just my gut feelings.

They may be good for giving you some concepts from which you could create your own though. For that reason only is why I may consider a kit.

But there is so much free stuff around I am sure you could find some loops to draw inspiration from.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”