NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll spare the gif, picture "bad luck brian"

"NI gets beta tester for studio one......

USES live!"

bmanic wrote:Gotta say this is an incredibly generous and awesome freebie! The past few years Native Instruments has provided us with some ridiculously awesome Xmas gifts!

I really hope they make a GT version of this with more routing options and more fun modulation stuff (for instance the phaser doesn't seem to be feeding back into the delay which is a shame).

It does however crash pretty much instantly with multiple instances.. at least on my computer with latest version of Reaper.
It looks like NI are genuinely interested in feedback they get on this, positive and negative - the gui is using some new technology for them so they expect there to be teething problems, best to test it and iron them out on a freebie first than a paid for product:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... st-1340149

I am not sure the bug is a GUI one....

In EnergyXT it would crash XT as soon as I clicked it to open the GUI. However, if I disconnected the MIDI input (I use XT in Modular view by default), then it would load and I could hook it up to any instrument...

It is a viable avenue to explore when looking for what is causing the crashes.

aMUSEd wrote: It looks like NI are genuinely interested in feedback they get on this, positive and negative - the gui is using some new technology for them so they expect there to be teething problems
That was my guess too, hehe.

Thanks
Really like the phase and diffuse mode.

zvenx wrote:Not necessarily..... did you read what they wrote before you download?
Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher - in case of graphics issues, please install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Basically this plugin is using new technology for NI that relies on having the latest Open GL 2.1 and up driver.

see:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5977834

rsp
Yes, but I already commented on such in my initial post to avoid having this annoying conversation. :dog:

Almost as annoying as 'check your spam folder' when email doesn't arrive. Because I'd check my spam folder way before posting about not getting an email. :ud:

Besides, I already I stated the plugin is also buggy in the cubase generic mode gui -- which doesn't use their OGL powered code. It is the plugin. I appreciate you trying to help though but there is nothing here anyone can do.

bmanic wrote: It does however crash pretty much instantly with multiple instances.. at least on my computer with latest version of Reaper.
Confirmed here in Reaper................ :(

Shame as this delay sounds really sweet on my guitar and was going to replace the delays on all my guitar templates in Reaper.

I'll provide feedback and hopefully a fix will come soon ( odd a bug like this would get by beta, yes it's free now but soon will not be..........)

Anyway thanks to N.I. for this great freebie.......bug and all......... :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wait I just saw the NI forums........update my graphics drivers ? For a delay plugin ? Ummmm no........... :?

Ok thanks anyway for the opportunity to beta test this plugin and new gui technology......back to using PSP 84, Nomad's Tempo Delay, P&M's Echofex, TRacks Tape Echo, Timeless 2 etc etc......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I guess I'll see if it's working down the line. Nice teaser though

I had a lot of fun with it until opening a 2nd instance crashed my FL Studio.
I see it becoming my goto delay when it becomes stable here.

Ah.........that is the key. I'm pretty sure I did open more than one instance when I crashed.

Well, I like echoboy and H delay better anyhow. For now, I'd avoid it. Too many people with too many issues.

Teksonik wrote:Wait I just saw the NI forums........update my graphics drivers ? For a delay plugin ? Ummmm no........... :?

Ok thanks anyway for the opportunity to beta test this plugin and new gui technology......back to using PSP 84, Nomad's Tempo Delay, P&M's Echofex, TRacks Tape Echo, Timeless 2 etc etc......... :shrug:
Almost all new software releases (including paid upgrades) that we buy are beta versions.
This is a very cool and good sounding delay that's very user-friendly and a pleasure to play with.
NI could have easily asked money for this beta release (many developers on the pre-order bandwagon lately).

I think Replika is a very generous and beautiful christmas present that probably will replace a lot of instances of Timeless , H3000 , Sigmund and Lexicon in my productions.

It reminds me a lot of H-Delay , but then much cooler, better sounding (imho) and no weird copy protection.

This sounds awesome and is a breeze to work with. Can't wait to buy the GT version. :love:

Teksonik wrote:
bmanic wrote: It does however crash pretty much instantly with multiple instances.. at least on my computer with latest version of Reaper.
Confirmed here in Reaper................ :(

Shame as this delay sounds really sweet on my guitar and was going to replace the delays on all my guitar templates in Reaper.

I'll provide feedback and hopefully a fix will come soon ( odd a bug like this would get by beta, yes it's free now but soon will not be..........)

Anyway thanks to N.I. for this great freebie.......bug and all......... :D
Cannot confirm here with latest Reaper (Win 8.1 x64, Reaper x32)
No problems with opening multiple instances.

VitaminD wrote:
zvenx wrote:Not necessarily..... did you read what they wrote before you download?
Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher - in case of graphics issues, please install the latest drivers for your GPU. This can be necessary even if Windows reports them as up to date.

Basically this plugin is using new technology for NI that relies on having the latest Open GL 2.1 and up driver.

see:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5977834

rsp

Yes, but I already commented on such in my initial post to avoid having this annoying conversation. :dog:

Almost as annoying as 'check your spam folder' when email doesn't arrive. Because I'd check my spam folder way before posting about not getting an email. :ud:

Besides, I already I stated the plugin is also buggy in the cubase generic mode gui -- which doesn't use their OGL powered code. It is the plugin. I appreciate you trying to help though but there is nothing here anyone can do.
Was just trying to help. So you know, cubase 8 and this works great at my end.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”