NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

paterpeter wrote:
zvenx wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
foosnark wrote:No crashes, no glitches, nothing weird at all for me.

I don't get the reluctance to update video drivers. But then, I'm a gamer, I'm used to it. "I'm not going to do it for just this one plugin that crashes" is a completely bizarre attitude to me. The bug isn't in the plugin, it's in the old driver.
As I said: I'm using NVIDIA's latest drivers (344.75) as I'm a gamer myself. I still get crashes. So I dare to say that the bug is in the plugin.
The reaper multi instances one is a plugin bug.
rsp
I might have missed that we are talking about different bugs here, sorry about that.
:-)
I thought I was agreeing with you.

rsp
sound sculptist

3ee wrote:I really wonder if Replika "GT" would have the possibility to pitch delays... (at least a down 5 semi-tones or something if not a full octave...)

I mean... if they offer this much with the simple version, what would the feature set be for the "GT" one?
I bet it'll have time modulation too.... ahh... those sweet slightly chorused delays :dreamy:
I'd like to have separate timings for L/R channels.
It's easy if you know how

aMUSEd wrote:And some graphics drivers can be very buggy.
That is very true. Actually I have also been quite reluctant to update my Catalyst drivers because they could cause plenty of trouble. Some versions back Catalyst driver had a bug that could completely destroy a Windows installation. I fortunately missed that version but several recent versions of Catalyst drivers have caused BSOD on my machine (and no, it is not my machines fault as this is a well documented issue) - it's one of the rare cases I have seen a BSOD on Windows 7. Fortunately after reboot everything worked OK and driver did install, but still.

Overall I'm not surprised that much. Waves also uses OpenGL for their GUI's and I know they also had some minor problems at first (not on any of my machines fortunately). But they were all smoothed out fairly quickly.
No signature here!

Destroy Windows?!

zvenx wrote: :-)
I thought I was agreeing with you.

rsp
Oh boy, I'm not really paying enough attention today :hug:

arkmabat wrote:Destroy Windows?!
Yep. There were some problems with certain chipsets and in the worst case the only solution was to do a complete reinstall. I think it might have been this case (http://www.techpowerup.com/200535/amd-p ... -note.html) but I'm not sure because some of the recent Catalyst versions have been fairly buggy.

Even quite recently there were problems: http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2 ... 4-9-bugs/1
Before today I also had version 14.9 and it did cause BSOD when I installed it onto completely clean machine when migrating to 64-bit Windows.
No signature here!

Multi instance seems to work in FL Studio with the 32 bit version with only a few UI glitches, that will be the workaround from now on. It may be a nvidia driver problem, I have fairly recent 344.11 drivers with a Geforce GTX650.

Wow, this is the best out-of-the-box delay I've heard in years. I think a new default is born (sorry, H-Delay)! Thanks, NI!

BTW, I get the "Reaper multiple instance" issue in Studio One, too. Playing audio while having more than one Replika UI open crashes the DAW (or in the case of Studio One shows a never ending stream of error messages).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I like NI stuff very much, but I just can't understand why their products are soo "big". 127MB windows version, someone mentioned it's because the archive contains many versions (32bit,64 bit, VST, etc.), but still 40MB delay (64bit)?

emergeaudio wrote:I like NI stuff very much, but I just can't understand why their products are soo "big". 127MB windows version, someone mentioned it's because the archive contains many versions (32bit,64 bit, VST, etc.), but still 40MB delay (64bit)?
If you unpack the installation, you will see that AAX takes the most space.

emergeaudio wrote:I like NI stuff very much, but I just can't understand why their products are soo "big". 127MB windows version, someone mentioned it's because the archive contains many versions (32bit,64 bit, VST, etc.), but still 40MB delay (64bit)?
I think that even if the installer contains every version of the plugin it still is bloated. For example, Waves offline installer contains every version of every plugin (VST2, VST3, AAX, TDM, RTAS - 32 and 64) and it clocks in about 1.3GB, that's about 140 plugins total.
No signature here!

Unpacked installation is at ~260MB :D

lesha wrote:Unpacked installation is at ~260MB :D
That probably includes the installer code too.

Checked it out and could 'replikate' the crash issue too.

One instance no problem...soon as audio goes through a second instance with both UIs on screen the hosts a goner.

Problem is apparently related to the QtQuick framework theyre using for the UI.

click to view animation

Return to “Effects”