Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wait for the manual and in the meantime explore yourself. :)

Engine modes were explained already some pages back, IIRC.

OK, now that I know how to access the mod targets, and hence how to set the pulse width, I noticed that Hive shows the blip same attack noises as Dune 2 when using Pulse...

Hey everyone, just getting over the flu and had enough energy to make this simple patch showcasing the vibrato.

https://soundcloud.com/majestic_dawn/hive-mono
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Here's another one of keys, a progress of how I modified them from simple to complex etc. 25 patches
Hive.rar
https://soundcloud.com/majestic_dawn/hive-keys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

fluffy_little_something wrote:OK, now that I know how to access the mod targets, and hence how to set the pulse width, I noticed that Hive shows the blip same attack noises as Dune 2 when using Pulse...
In case you didn't notice... you can drag the target to the waveform to select Pulse Width and to the trigger field to select Osc Phase

tedlogan wrote:
OutCider wrote:
Breeze wrote:
BTW, maybe we should start a Hive Patches thread...
I also think if people are going to post up sound clips they should post the patch as well or not bother.
Some people are emotionally or financially attached to their creations (regardless of quality) and want people to listen to it, but not use it in their own creations/sell it.
Actually even this discussion should be in the Hive's Patch thread! We shouldn't be cluttering up the Beta talk with patches and examples. BTW, I'm all for audio clips without patches: even if the author doesn't want to share the patch for whatever reason, hearing a patch gives you a good idea of a synths capabilites. At the very least its a source of inspiration.

Does someone at u-he have the "power" to start a new thread and port the patches and samples there? Actually, a more relevant question is probably does someone at u-he have the time... ;)

Pretty cool sounds, reminds me of Sylenth1 when you use the Dirty engine.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Here the patches, maybe that someone find it useful. Some are without effects but there is only some reverb+delay on it, so it's nothing special (I've used only Valhalla and the NI Replica):
Hive Patches

I uploaded the short track also to Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/52degree/frank-a ... ew/s-t8yZW

4damind wrote:Here the patches, maybe that someone find it useful
Thanks very much, to you and all patch up-loaders.
They are very helpful to fully examine and explore the possibilities of this great plug, especially while in beta.
Good work, all of you.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

V0RT3X wrote:Pretty cool sounds, reminds me of Sylenth1 when you use the Dirty engine.

I played around with it and it definitely has the instant gratification aspect of it that Sylenth1 has, so I imagine all the EDM guys will love it when it's finally finished.

I'm pretty happy with Zebra & bazille right now.

I don't really think I need anything else synthwise, although I do kind of have my eye on A.C.E again...

It is addictively fun! The fast drag-n-drop modulations even with FX... the great Phaser/Flanger and Chorus from Diva... FX chain presets, module presets, Arp/Seq presets, copy/paste between modules, the great sounding unison and stereo width... and those new tech filters! The low end is impressive and the highs are sweet.

It's so fast and fluid to work with and the basic sound quality is better than Zebra...

You better don't start playing too much with Hive... :lol:

exmatproton wrote:in love with Hive

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/exm-jour2
I really like that one! :tu:

pdxindy wrote:
exmatproton wrote:in love with Hive

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/exm-jour2
I really like that one! :tu:
thnx. :)

Numanoid wrote:I except more convenience and luxury 8)
Just curious, does something like the delay's dropdown seem more manageable (with e.g. 1/8D or 1/16T)? Or just integer values in a dropdown?

The 'multiply' knob does allow for some relatively irrational timing, as well as modulation (weird :)!, also only via right-click), for whatever those are worth.

Chorus bug?: When Chorus is engaged, there's high Fq attenuation in Classic and Dramatic modes with the Wet control is completely dry. Ensemble mode seems fine.

Return to “u-he”