Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do the CC values in the sequencer grid refer to?

Urs wrote: I think we first need to come up with proper names for the current engines. I had a contest in mind.
Metro
Hetero
Retro

Please let me know where you'd like to send the prize.

Hi,

Sorry, I must be being a bit stupid here, but I can't get the Hive beta serial number to work for me ...

>>Here's a temporary serial for testing (valid till Jan 31st 2015):
>>Beta Tester
>>FOYB6-PEM3-O0NF-J59J-UDMG-8Y9S

When Hive opens I enter my user name and then this serial number, but it errors with a failed activation. I own Diva, Bazille and Ace, and had no issue activating them.

Has anyone else had this issue ?

Thanks.

use Beta Tester as user name

DrGonzo wrote:...
OT: The link in your sig gives me a 404 ...

Ah, I get it now ! How dumb am I ?

Thank you.

tehlord wrote:
Urs wrote: I think we first need to come up with proper names for the current engines. I had a contest in mind.
Metro
Hetero
Retro

Please let me know where you'd like to send the prize.
:D :D :D 8)

hakey wrote:What do the CC values in the sequencer grid refer to?
+1

Hell, I didn't even know that the different engines have different filters... could be just me but maybe that could be a little bit more obvious?

exmatproton wrote:
hakey wrote:What do the CC values in the sequencer grid refer to?
+1
pdxindy wrote:
Nutrinoland wrote:What is the Modulator, cc , and Dynamic velocity feature on the step sequencer ?
I know that the sequencer can be used as a Modulation Source from the Mod Matrix with ,Seq Gate as Source and using Velocity on the step sequencer to modulate a parameter. But what is the separate Modulator tab for and cc, on the step sequencer?
Not able to figure it out ??
Dynamic Velocity will combine the velocity of held notes with the velocity values in the sequencer. Turn it off and only the Sequencer values are used.

Modulator Mode does not re-trigger notes so you can use it as a step modulator (Arp off). The CC lane is where you set the modulation step values and select which mod source to use... Modwheel, Aftertouch, Expression etc. Then you can use that source in the Mod Matrix with whatever targets you wish.
sound sculptist

Yeah. I'd read that. Still doesn't make sense.

twolegstoneworks wrote:In lack of a presets thread I decided to add my "signature" mad bee hive sound for all of you to play with...

https://soundcloud.com/torbenhansen/att ... e-bee-hive
Good job on this sound. As a prize, you win a freshly baked Hive cookie:

The cookie is still in beta. We are trying to improve the texture without using too much CPU on the food processor. :ud:

hakey wrote:Yeah. I'd read that. Still doesn't make sense.
Why not? - It's a plain MIDI Step Sequencer with transpose, velocity and a MIDI Controller of you choice from AT, PB, MW, BC and XP.

You can this way create a patch that works the same way when sequenced vs. played without sequencer. Set up modulations with a controller of choice, play it live or have it played by sequencer.

Any other way and playing the patch live will omit whatever modulation is set up in the sequencer. Which is one of the major flaws of the Arpeggiator in Zebra.

How does one select between AT, PB, MW, BC and XP?

EDIT: I see the selection box.
Last edited by hakey on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To the Left of it,
there is a drop down menu....
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”