NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A high percentage of crashes on my system show QT Core along with QT GUI in the 'thread crashed:' report. No QT Quick however.
ksandvik wrote:It could be threading issues in case multiple instances actually just start more threads and there are deadlocks somewhere.

Anyway, in this age of more and more OpenGL direct access I would upgrade any old OS and graphics cards just to stay in the game. With Macs you get warnings and non-supported issues if you run old hardware and anything supported is tested so it should work so that's always a little bit easier than in the Windows world where there are so many drivers/cards and versions floating around.
I think is a succinct analysis regarding the situation of different systems' reaction to this plugin. I'm fortunate in that my pretty old computer is Open GL 2.1 ready, I suppose. I did get latest drivers when I obtained Final Cut Pro but that was somewhat redundant.

I've not been able to open it from Cubase 7.05's insert panel. Win 7 64, saw some threads in here about some video driver issues, updated the NVidia drivers, but it don't work. Every other plugin pops open, but Replika is inert. I may try uninstalling and reinstalling, but I'm in no crashing hurry to do so.

No problems at all on my MacBook Pro running Ableton Live. Hopefully you all get your installs working.

Thanks for a fantastic gift NI.

cubanoid wrote:Ocenaudio probably use the non-OpenGL rendering so probably won't be prone to the UI issues reported here and as stand-alone applications will not suffer from any framework conflicts caused by a host program.
Of course it was a longshot, but its the closest there is.

(Unless of course anyone knows of any other plugins that use QtQuick for the UI.)

ksandvik wrote:It could be threading issues in case multiple instances actually just start more threads and there are deadlocks somewhere.
Low probability, since the second type of crashes can be provoked (and infinitely reproduced) without a second instance being in play.

Personally im still inclined to believe that its all memory issues of one sort or another because this seems to be the only thing that could actually explain both types of crashes.

C.Bennett wrote:No problems at all on my MacBook Pro running Ableton Live. Hopefully you all get your installs working.

Thanks for a fantastic gift NI.
+1! Thank you, Native Instruments! Replika is an adventure…

Works perfectly on my MB Pro (10.8.5) in Logic X and on my MB Air (10.9.5) in Tracktion 5_64 and Live 9_64.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Numanoid wrote:Installed the Replika .dll is in fact 36,3 MB and the 64 bit .dll is 41.4 MB...
Still seems to be a lot of data for a reverb algorithm. Am I the only one that finds software to be rather... big these days? Is that all GUI bitmap images? Is it the code? Is it a hidden Reaktor runtime? Is there a set of convolution samples in there?

By the way, even when NI plugs are C++ code, NI indicated using Reaktor as a prototyping environment. That's probably why Reaktor still sees maintenance updates but not major revisions.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

SODDI wrote:...updated the NVidia drivers, but it don't work.
I think we have pretty well established that its not:

- OS Type (Microsoft/Apple)
- OS Version
- OS Bits
- GC Make/Model
- GC Type (Onboard/Card)
- GC Driver Version
- CPU Make/Model
- CPU Type (Cores)
- Host
- Host Bits

Unless ive overlooked something this leaves the runtimes, (VC++2013), but since the proper runtimes are required to make the plugin work at all i would say that they can be safely ruled out as well.

This doesnt leave a lot on the system side, still there has to be a reason why the plugin works fine for some but not for others. I can only hope for NI that they have some means to figure this out quickly because with so many variables in play it sure looks like it could be a nightmare to debug.

(Always provided that it is 'fixable' at all, of course.)

It didn't take long for this to turn into a whining thread when something free doesn't perform as hoped.

While there is some effort to move forward there's a lot of finger pointing here.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Reporting that something doesn't work on a particlular setup is hardly 'whining' and given the apparent experimental nature of this plugin it's probably exactly the kind of feedback NI are looking for.

If you got a coat as a gift and it had loose stitching and the zipper didn't interlock, you'd probably want to exchange it until you got one that did not have these issues. That is what is occurring in this thread.

The jacket with which you may have been gifted might fit fine and be without flaw. The jacket with which we were gifted, while being a nice gift in thought, did not fit well and has flaws. We are appreciative and want to use it (otherwise why would we be attempting to troubleshoot?), but need to have it 'exchanged' for a better copy. :hihi:

:clap:

Very good analogy. :hihi:

cubanoid wrote:Reporting that something doesn't work on a particlular setup is hardly 'whining' and given the apparent experimental nature of this plugin it's probably exactly the kind of feedback NI are looking for.
I tend to agree with this observation, although there is some palpable vitriol seeping into some of the critiques.

I haven't checked, but do the NI forums have similar bug threads going on this plug?

Also curious: This is a very cool plug that, I think, stands on its own, i.e. not crippled. IIRC, Driver eventually became payware without changes. Supercharger went to a "GT" version for pay. Not sure what they could add to Replika though. Thoughts?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: Not sure what they could add to Replika though. Thoughts?
Stability and bug free operation ? :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
BERFAB wrote: Not sure what they could add to Replika though. Thoughts?
Stability and bug free operation ? :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

robojam wrote:It didn't take long for this to turn into a whining thread when something free doesn't perform as hoped.

While there is some effort to move forward there's a lot of finger pointing here.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Moaning is the name of the game here.

Even for free stuff :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Effects”