Syncing vsti patches/programs across different computers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All,

I'm wondering what schemes people are using to sync their vsti programs and/or banks across different computers? I just started doing this for the first time. I set up a synced folder called "patches" and saved an fxb file in there. However, I'm thinking this could become quite messy and unorganized. Do people move all of their vsti programs and banks to a synced folder? Or are patches kept in song specific folders (ie your host makes a folder for a song and you store your fxp in each folder where it's used).

thanks

I don't see any need to sync patches across different computers. DAWs save all info about used presets in a project file. Why do I have to have strictly the same patches on different machines? Presets are only an "entry point" when searching an appropriate sound.

I'll have to double check with my DAW, I thought I had a problem with this today.
But if I was just creating some sounds and wanted to save a few programs, I wonder what is the best way to sync or transfer them from one computer to another. Manually copy to a dropbox, email myself, or have a synced folder that my vsti look for automatically.

sluggo wrote:I'll have to double check with my DAW, I thought I had a problem with this today.
But if I was just creating some sounds and wanted to save a few programs, I wonder what is the best way to sync or transfer them from one computer to another. Manually copy to a dropbox, email myself, or have a synced folder that my vsti look for automatically.
I would go with a synced folder, but it depends on your set up. I've got a tablet with hideously slow communication, so I use a flash drive to transfer loops and presets between machines.

If you really need it... Yes, something like Dropbox seems good. It's a very economic way.
I try to keep all important data (projects, patches, installers etc.) on my backup drive. When I need it I just copy the data.
May be, something like this will be useful for you:
http://www.freefilesync.org/
or
http://www.cobiansoft.com/cobianbackup.htm

Return to “Instruments”