SE: Volt Meter graphics possible?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to replace the graphics for the volt meter with different graphics? I'd like to have my own set of digits created in photoshop with the same level of precision as in the stock volt meter module. Is this possible?

you can't change the voltmeter since i'm pretty sure it uses OS fonts, not bitmaps
if you want the "DC" mode - you can mimic it
"Volts to Float" ... set it to Response="Volts DC Average" and update rate to taste
then you can use a Text2Float module, but you want bitmap chars
there are these bitmap display modules, iirc DH had such
It doesn't matter how it sounds..
..as long as it has BASS and it's LOUD!

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:you can't change the voltmeter since i'm pretty sure it uses OS fonts, not bitmaps
if you want the "DC" mode - you can mimic it
"Volts to Float" ... set it to Response="Volts DC Average" and update rate to taste
then you can use a Text2Float module, but you want bitmap chars
there are these bitmap display modules, iirc DH had such
Thank you for the heads up.. using a few DH modules (Mostly Char Bitmap Driver), I've obtained the desired effect!

Do you have any contact information for Dave Haupt? I'm having some character spacing issues with the Character Bitmap Driver. Hoping it is just something I'm doing wrong though. Plus, if I do manage to get this working correctly, I'd like to get a licensed version of the modules.

uhm.. afaik, DH made all his modules free at one point
as for the spacing, i'm pretty sure your image should have equal-sized chars (all glyphs have to be of exactly the same width and height)

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

The modulekey on his site isn't a registered version

And, yes, obviously one would need equal-sized chars. The issue is the CharacterBitmap Driver is not obeying those segment spaces for individual characters (lots of overlap). I'm hoping Dave would be willing to help me out.

Don't see an email address on his site and of the one I found, in the module help, it returns an MX '550 no such user' error on attempted message sending.

the spacing works on other modules, been using it recently,
don't know about character bitmap driver.
the module key does not need to be registered, you just include
it in your project.

You might be able to find the registration module in the wayback machine. I looked at the current site, it's got some non-working links.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

mztk wrote:the spacing works on other modules, been using it recently,
don't know about character bitmap driver.
the module key does not need to be registered, you just include
it in your project.
:dog: I had an incorrect method of thinking on how the module key worked. Yes, I include it in the actual project and no more registration screens. :tu: Thanks for that!

Still having issues with the spacing.. please take a look:

Padding or no Padding it behaves the same. PNG or BMP it behaves the same. I hope I am missing something because I'd really like this to work!

the only issue i see here is that your bitmap image modules are crumbled one upon the other on the panel
space them out with the mouse

irc.libera.chat >>> #kvr

antto wrote:the only issue i see here is that your bitmap image modules are crumbled one upon the other on the panel
space them out with the mouse
That is the issue.. and one cannot simply space them out with a drag of the mouse cursor. :hihi:

Edit: I figured it out thanks to your help, antto! One must unlock the jumbled mess (right click 'unlock') then right click again and select panel edit to get to the actual LED Display panel to move the individual characters.

Thanks! :clap:

Return to “Modular Synthesis”