Full featured Workstation available.

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I recently got an iPad mini and am now looking for music software.

I first looked into iMPCpro but I read that it is full of bugs and it seems to miss timestretching.
Next I heard about Beatmaker but it seems there is no way to have several sounds on the same pad nor can you re sample two pads to one.

So I was wondering, Is there some app on iOS that implements those basic features for producing beat/sample based music.

Looking forward for your replies. Thanks in advance.

Caustic

Interesting. I tried Caustic 2 on my Android phone once. Cannot remember it even having drum pads and the ability to drag own samples on those. But I take from your answer that this changed with version 3?
I should give it another try then I guess. Thanks!

Sorry thought you were looking for a workstation not drum machine. Caustic is a workstation but I'm not sure about having drum pads.

fladd wrote:it seems there is no way to have several sounds on the same pad nor can you re sample two pads to one.
If you are looking for an app that can play back samples, you got many to choose from:
http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-sample-player

Caustic 3 is mainly for Android I think

Korg Gadget, with additional sampler/loop player add on instruments, so quick to get ideas down, got loads of songs recorded just not finished but thats always my problem :D

Can be a tad pricey but if you wait for a sale you can get it 50% off usually.

Caustic will give you an ulcer. Go for Cubasis or BeatMaker 2.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Numanoid wrote:
fladd wrote:it seems there is no way to have several sounds on the same pad nor can you re sample two pads to one.
If you are looking for an app that can play back samples, you got many to choose from:
http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-sample-player

Caustic 3 is mainly for Android I think
I'm mainly looking for a full blown sampling workstation. But I could not find one yet that allows for proper sample layering.

troxx wrote:Korg Gadget, with additional sampler/loop player add on instruments, so quick to get ideas down, got loads of songs recorded just not finished but thats always my problem :D

Can be a tad pricey but if you wait for a sale you can get it 50% off usually.
Interesting. Which sampler would that be? And does it allow for layering? Could not find any information on that. Thanks

BMoore wrote:Caustic will give you an ulcer. Go for Cubasis or BeatMaker 2.
Well, as I said, Beatmaker seems very limited for making drum beats. I am looking for something that allows layering.

If the goal is to make music, gadget, caustic, nanostudio, beatmaker or tabletop are all good apps.

To lay sounds i just use pianoroll editor in each of those apps, to trig several pads at the same time.

You can also bounce audio and audiocopy the result in a pad sampler
Win 11, UAD Octo satellite usb, Yamaha AG06 mk2, IK multimedia iLoud MTM x2, Ableton Live 11, Push 2, Reason 12, NI Komplete.

fladd wrote:
Well, as I said, Beatmaker seems very limited for making drum beats. I am looking for something that allows layering.
Use the synth/keyboard for layering.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

haha, you changed it from bad to worse. Cubasis is nothing but a pita. i'm glad i got refunded!!!

Caustic is a good starting point (your beloved Cubasis doesn't even support using own samples, does it) and it works on iOS aswell.

I think gadget is definitely worth it it just inspires you to get ideas down and then your free to finish the complete song if you wish. I've had it 3 days now and can't put it down, I'm also looking to add one of the new sample devices to it now but can't choose which one.

BMoore wrote:
fladd wrote:
Use the synth/keyboard for layering.
I'm not sure I can drum on those small keys.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”