Bug or not? TX16Wx crashes when samples loaded as velocity layers. (lot of samples)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Im new in KVR forum, also Im new user to the Tx sampler and I love it so far!
I think that TX has a strange behaviour, I try'd to look around for an answer in forums and manuals etc.. but didnt find anything, so please forgive me if I missed something.
My desire is to use the sampler as a multi layered instrument.

Issue: The sampler crashes when loading lot of samples (1700 samples) as a velocity layers across the keyboard.
(Doesnt happen if samples (1700 samples) drag & dropped normally across the keyboard.

Reproduce:
-In reaper insert the sampler to a track.
-In the sampler toggle the velocity layers button on.
-Highlight 1700 samples, and drag and drop them across the keyboard. (use windows file browser, easier to see the amount of samples selected)(and ofcourse drag modifier bacomes handy at this point)
-In reaper loop a measurement, and press play.
-close/unfloat UI of the sampler.
-switch/select active between tracks.

In my case when I select/active the track which has the sampler, then the sampler gives an error: ''Saving content not-used'' and the immidietly freezes/crashes the DAW.

Sampler settings:
I try'd switching back and forth between options ''save all waves in FXB'' and ''save waves in project''.
Also I dont understand why is the sampler trying to auto-save all the time when switching between tracks in DAW or if inserting plugins after the sampler? (even if the samples are not modified/changed)
-I have saved the content as a performance and as a bank with ''save content'' option.
-I try'd propably all the options in setting page but it keeps on auto-saving.
Im I just missing something?.

Why 1700 samples? because thats the limit when samples are loaded as velocity layers.(in my case)
My windows is optimised for performance.
Tx sampler installed to ssd.
samples stored to hdd, read & write speed= max 236b/s?
I tryd also enabling the pro feature from the setting.

By the way I think that this sampler really really kicks ass in design/ease of use and flexibility, good work!

Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Reaper DAW x64 v 4.591 ( this ver. is not updated)
Tx16wx 2.4 0 (free)
Intel i7 2600k.
20GB RAM.

Best: Carlo

In no particual order:

1.) The "reaper saves the sampler contents all the time" question has been asked and answered quite a few times in the forum. It is because reaper tries to generate "undo" info by asking plugins for programs contents whenever it detects an edit. For a synth that is fine, for a sampler with loads and loads of memory content, it is less great. Turn on "save minimal undo states" in reaper to solve this. It is unfortunately outside the plugins control as well as ability to detect.

2.) Are you mapping exactly 1700 samples? (Theorethical limit for a single group would be 127*127 -> 16129 samples in total. Though I don't recommend it. In fact, I don't recommend 1700 either, though more for esthetical reasons. :-) Do the samples come with root info etc? Did you test various amounts of samples and found that at exactly 1700 it crashes?

I am not even sure where I'll get 1700 samples that can be mapped properly... Tricky to search for.
If possible, can you ask it to generate a crash dump and send it to me so I can look at the error?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanx Elcallio for a fast replay!
I will get back to you as soon as I get back to my studio.

Return to “CWITEC”