Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

Voice303 wrote:
quantum7 wrote: It seems like every music software developer has his Lex Luthor, ready pounce on their product threads. Maybe BBFG is Eric's Lex Luthor. Boo ha ha ha :lol:
BBFG is many developers Lex Luthor :D . Wusik, Sample Logic, Spectrasonics, I am sure there is more.
I've been watching and skimming through as these posts escalate.
Just didn't seem worth the reply. But I''ll state once again;
I have no real problem as Omni was, just asked questions repeatedly because most Omni users couldn't answer with knowledge of the synth, only anecdotal testimonials. Eventually the few omni users that could, answered what they knew and it was done. In this thread, I have shown more interest in picking up the new version as I ever did in deciding against it in the previous version. (Which I've regularly demo'd each year - right about the same time the hoard comes on line chanting their hosannas). And you guys do have a pretty regular cycle.

Hmm, Sample Logic, which had a SNAFU in a particular MF SDotD, giving almost all who bought it a problem in registering it, also got me. MANY of us cried foul and eventually they did the right thing and authorized them. The handful of libraries I have from them are great. And I have even said so on the forum. Even though many are more expensive than I might spend for now, I have no problem with them at all. They made good and I'm good with that.

Wusik is a different story, I feel that was a big mistake in buying.
And again, I'm not the only one.

I've known Eric for a few decades now, even before he started working for Roland, and I have no animosity toward him, even if the disciples believe I do. I'll repeat this... they've made changes to the website and now the synth itself that I consider to be major enough for me to test it out yet again.

So that should put those attacks to rest, but I know better.
I like the new approach Spectra is putting forward. Hopefully in time the congregation will follow.
And thanks to the few rational Omni users that have let me know the cult is not an absolute and speaks more about the many individuals trying to make it one than anything about the plugins or the company.

Now where can I find the Spectrasonics forum?

BBFG# wrote:
Voice303 wrote:
quantum7 wrote: It seems like every music software developer has his Lex Luthor, ready pounce on their product threads. Maybe BBFG is Eric's Lex Luthor. Boo ha ha ha :lol:
BBFG is many developers Lex Luthor :D . Wusik, Sample Logic, Spectrasonics, I am sure there is more.
I've been watching and skimming through as these posts escalate.
Just didn't seem worth the reply. But I''ll state once again;
I have no real problem as Omni was, just asked questions repeatedly because most Omni users couldn't answer with knowledge of the synth, only anecdotal testimonials. Eventually the few omni users that could, answered what they knew and it was done. In this thread, I have shown more interest in picking up the new version as I ever did in deciding against it in the previous version. (Which I've regularly demo'd each year - right about the same time the hoard comes on line chanting their hosannas). And you guys do have a pretty regular cycle.

Hmm, Sample Logic, which had a SNAFU in a particular MF SDotD, giving almost all who bought it a problem in registering it, also got me. MANY of us cried foul and eventually they did the right thing and authorized them. The handful of libraries I have from them are great. And I have even said so on the forum. Even though many are more expensive than I might spend for now, I have no problem with them at all. They made good and I'm good with that.

Wusik is a different story, I feel that was a big mistake in buying.
And again, I'm not the only one.

I've known Eric for a few decades now, even before he started working for Roland, and I have no animosity toward him, even if the disciples believe I do. I'll repeat this... they've made changes to the website and now the synth itself that I consider to be major enough for me to test it out yet again.

So that should put those attacks to rest, but I know better.
I like the new approach Spectra is putting forward. Hopefully in time the congregation will follow.
And thanks to the few rational Omni users that have let me know the cult is not an absolute and speaks more about the many individuals trying to make it one than anything about the plugins or the company.

Now where can I find the Spectrasonics forum?
I quite enjoy your posting, no animosity from here. You certainty are entitled to call out bullshit when you see it, otherwise the forum would just turn into an echo chamber of useless praise like so many other websites. Glad KVR isn't one of them :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Quite true.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

So.....I bought it! :tu:
I'm installing as I write this. That's a lot of purchases in less than two month. 1) a brand new hi-spec PC. 2) Komplete 10 and now Omnisphere.
Call me a whore, call me a copycat, call me a disciple :D It is the music that counts and I personally don't give a S**t what people use as long as I like it.
Now, on the the oscillators 8) :hihi:

K-Bee wrote:So.....I bought it! :tu:
I'm installing as I write this. That's a lot of purchases in less than two month. 1) a brand new hi-spec PC. 2) Komplete 10 and now Omnisphere.
Call me a whore, call me a copycat, call me a disciple :D It is the music that counts and I personally don't give a S**t what people use as long as I like it.
Now, on the the oscillators 8) :hihi:
Welcome to the copycat disciple whore club, dude!! Hope you have a blast! :hug:

U betcha! :D

Welcome to the elite Komplete & Omnisphere owners country club. By singing here you agree to never use the Omnisphere sample "Accelerator" and agree that it is the exclusive property of Voice 303 :tu:

My precious....... :pray:

Voice303 wrote: By singing here
Just to be clear, it is my personal opinion that singing should be highly discouraged. If one should choose to express oneself vocally in this highly synthetic country club, please refer to Omnisphere's Japanese childrens choir patches, or Jazz combo stacks. Vocal patches found in in the Kontakt Factory Library would also be acceptable. :D

quantum7 wrote:Since others have mentioned Omni 1's reverb, I will say that I do hope Omni 2's is improved. If their is only 1 weak point with Omni 1 it is the reverb IMO. On my last album I replaced all my Omni 1 patches with reverbs from B2 and V3, but it would be nice to not always feel the need to do that.
It looks like Innerspace may be some sort of convolution fx; that could be really useful. I guess we'll all know more at the end of April, unless they post the manual or some more videos on their site before then.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

DocAtlas wrote:
quantum7 wrote:Since others have mentioned Omni 1's reverb, I will say that I do hope Omni 2's is improved. If their is only 1 weak point with Omni 1 it is the reverb IMO. On my last album I replaced all my Omni 1 patches with reverbs from B2 and V3, but it would be nice to not always feel the need to do that.
It looks like Innerspace may be some sort of convolution fx; that could be really useful. I guess we'll all know more at the end of April, unless they post the manual or some more videos on their site before then.
I have used resonaters in Absynth among other things to get something close to a bigger sounding reverb, maybe the quad resonater in Omnisphere 2 could be used in a similar way?

cowby wrote:
:x save $250 to buy another synth or add a little bit more to cross-grade to Mach5 if you have their mentioned sampler.

The sound library again, as I said before, is not everybody's cup of tea. If you are looking for Legendary synths' samples, V1 has a bunch of them. If you listen or experiment EACH preset then it takes a life time - TRUE. But again, V1 upgrade to V2 : my friends said (they have v1) they just buy for the DLL not the samples !! And I said for the price of $4xx (full) or $2xx (upgrade), $50 is used to hire a lifeboat and buy insurance for team who sampled the cave. 3 kidults were playing strings with an object or dropped pills on a plate were just cost too much.

For a true sound designer ....

I remembered when Roland V-synth came out. BT said (not exact wording) .... Tell me how can i erase all the presets and samples ? I want to create my own !!

Few years ago, like most of us who bought Camel Audio's Alchemy, we didn't buy for the bundled samples or presets but buy their sound engine and UI (plus support anyway).

If in V3 they when they sample the Air flow sounds from Moon / Mars then the price becomes $799 ....
I will look into those other options. I do not like to sound design, I would rather write or play music. What I do like to do is take a preset edit it so it is not easily recognizable. Sometimes that is not possible without losing the character of the preset.

I have Alchemy. I like it. But since I don't sound design. I only imported my own sound once and use Granular once, which to me is not synthesis but more an effect process. Kinda like glitch but a lot more glitches. Never tried it

And because of that, most of the added features are not worth $250. The sound pack is worth some money but not 250 IMHO. I think I will be buying some new vsts and continue to use Omnishpere as it is. It is still a good vst but it is showing its age and the new minor upgrade is not enough for me to lay out 250 for.

r1chard wrote: I will look into those other options. I do not like to sound design, I would rather write or play music. What I do like to do is take a preset edit it so it is not easily recognizable. Sometimes that is not possible without losing the character of the preset.

You may find that by Christmas time next year there is a whole new ecosystem involving third party Omnisphere sounds, similar to what grew up around alchemy. It looks like Omnisphere 2 purposefully lends itself to that sort of thing MUCH more so than V1. You may eventually be surprised at how much of a leap Omni has made. Who really knows? We'll see :)

I myself *love* playing with synths for the fun of it so the upgrade is a no-brainer for me. I can't *wait* to start importing and mucking about!! :hyper:
Last edited by mostlyjustj on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Double post :oops:

Voice303 wrote:Welcome to the elite Komplete & Omnisphere owners country club. By singing here you agree to never use the Omnisphere sample "Accelerator" and agree that it is the exclusive property of Voice 303 :tu:

My precious....... :pray:
Happy to be here. :)

This is where the groove comes from! :tu:

r1chard wrote: And because of that, most of the added features are not worth $250. The sound pack is worth some money but not 250 IMHO. I think I will be buying some new vsts and continue to use Omnishpere as it is. It is still a good vst but it is showing its age and the new minor upgrade is not enough for me to lay out 250 for.
Those who do not design sounds get this for $250:

3000 new presets/samples with wider sonic palette with wavetable, improved granular, 25 new FX, 8 new filters.
Bigger sonic potential for 3rd party sound sets due to sample import and new synthesis features.
Improved UI all around
Improved patch browsing with sound match, sound lock, mood tagging, better organization, two patch browsing modes.
Improved arp functionality with step sequencer.

Most synths around that price come with less in terms of preset count alone if that's all you are buying it for!

Return to “Instruments”