The Wireless LinnStrument

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a difference a New Year makes!

"I would strongly advise against using any setup that relies on bluetooth or wifi. While it might work acceptably in a controlled environment like your home, as soon as you step outside with it, you'll get massive amounts of interference, even more so during events and concerts. It's almost guaranteed that what used to work at home, will stop working when you want to perform. Wires are a blessing for live performance, you know exactly what the signal path is and control everything about it." (Geert Bevin, KVR Forum, 2014-Dec-09)

“StarrLabs came by the LinnStrument booth with a prototype of their upcoming AirPower3. Wireless class compliant MIDI over USB with 36 hours of bus power built in. The latency is barely noticeable, I could only slightly feel it when playing rapid 64th notes. With that we instantly have a perfect wireless solution for using the LinnStrument on any stage.." (Geert Bevin, YouTube, 2015-Jan-26)

It doesn't use WiFi nor Bluetooth, the StarrLabs solution is specifically optimized for only sending MIDI data over their own RF technology.
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Thanks, Geert, for calling attention to this AirPower3. It certainly better than what I was trying to do with Bluetooth. I like that it supplies USB bus power. Do you know how the AirPower3 gets charged?

Nope, don't know how to exactly charge the AirPower 3, it's probably either a power supply or through USB.
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Reviving this thread: So are there are any AirPower 3 owners on here? Roger’s demo video looked cool and I was seriously thinking about picking one up.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”