UltraChannel: which compressor do you use?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using UltraChannel more lately, and am really liking it. The one thing I can't get my head around is why there are two compressors. I've tried using both, and found that the O-pressor always seems to sound better to me. Has anyone found cases where the other compressor works better?

To be honest, none of them.

I find them both pretty much unusable in comparison to other compressors I have.

JohnD71651 wrote:To be honest, none of them.

I find them both pretty much unusable in comparison to other compressors I have.
Really? What other compressors are you using? I find them both to be excellent. The standard one for usual compression duties and Opressor for vibe (they sound very different from each other). Ultrachannel is my go-to vocal channel strip currently.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Eventide aren't really known for their compressors to the same extent as their reverb so I initially ignored the compressor part of Ultrachannel. The other day I was in a hurry and thought I would use the compressor instead of another plugin and was pleasantly surprised - very usable and transparent. I haven't really put it to the test on a variety of material however since then have used it a couple more times and found it to be surprisingly good.

the omnipressor if i have to compress the shit out of something

Return to “Effects”