Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Spitfire31 wrote:Haven't we grown out of pointless Win vs. Mac bashing? :roll:
Absolutely. This thread has suffered so much side-tracking, it's a tribute to OBXD that we can still be here discussing relevant issues at all.

@Cuz_I'm_broke: I realize expecting someone to read this entire thread is ridiculous, but a lot if not all of what you've mentioned has been discussed here before. 2DaT picks and chooses from among all the great ideas; what gets implemented is a question of feasibility and vision. It's a free synth so anything that makes it as a new feature is always a gift. ;)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:I read that Mac audio community is today larger than Win audio community....
certainly false assertion today
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=15
but it was true at the beginning of home computer music :
mac -> atari ST -> PC

Is there a release date for the preset manager version does anyone know?

It's scheduled for the Kingdom Come, I think (hmmm... do I believe?)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The ultimate freeware synths as of now according to Computer Music:

1 OBXD
2 Crystal
3 Triple Cheese
4 TAL Noise Maker
5 Tyrell N6
6 Dexed

would really like to be able to right-click to open a preset
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

Numanoid wrote:The ultimate freeware synths as of now according to Computer Music:

1 OBXD
2 Crystal
3 Triple Cheese
4 TAL Noise Maker
5 Tyrell N6
6 Dexed
Excellent choice. Of course there are other freewares who could be in that list. Curious for example to not see Synth1 or Deputy Mark among other exceptional plugins which could share this top of the podium...

In my opinion the ultimate freeware synths should not be limited to 6 entries. I'm pretty sure that at the first place of the podium we could put at least 15 synths.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

wetdentist wrote:would really like to be able to right-click to open a preset
I feel ya. ;) I've been wondering what 2Dat is up to, although to be frank I think lots of us have been in plugin overload mode for over a month now. :hihi:

It would be nice to see the added parameters of 1.1 on the GUI and the presets manager, even if very basic. :shrug:

BlackWinny wrote:Excellent choice. Of course there are other freewares who could be in that list. Curious for example to not see Synth1 or Deputy Mark among other exceptional plugins which could share this top of the podium...
Synth 1 is "bubbling under" as they used to say back in the day, along with Firebird.

I would have picked Synth1 instead of Crystal in that list.

Numanoid wrote:The ultimate freeware synths as of now according to Computer Music:

1 OBXD
2 Crystal
3 Triple Cheese
4 TAL Noise Maker
5 Tyrell N6
6 Dexed
Good choices but I'm wondering what's so special about Triple Cheese, I never fell in love with it (maybe because I prefer Quattro Formaggio :P)

Numanoid wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Excellent choice. Of course there are other freewares who could be in that list. Curious for example to not see Synth1 or Deputy Mark among other exceptional plugins which could share this top of the podium...
Synth 1 is "bubbling under" as they used to say back in the day, along with Firebird.

My English is sometimes a bit limited... and I have yet never met that expression. What means "to be bubbling under"?
:help:

Tricky-Loops wrote:

1 OBXD
2 Crystal
3 Triple Cheese
4 TAL Noise Maker
5 Tyrell N6
6 Dexed
Good choices but I'm wondering what's so special about Triple Cheese, I never fell in love with it (maybe because I prefer Quattro Formaggio :P)
Or the French Frohmage! (but it's only a filter, not a full synth)
Last edited by BlackWinny on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackWinny wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

My English is sometimes a bit limited... and I have yet never met that expression. What means "to be bubbling under"?
Back in the old BIllboard days, Bubbling under the top 100 were songs that didn't quite make the Billboard Top 100 tunes that week.

wagtunes wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Numanoid wrote:

Back in the old BIllboard days, Bubbling under the top 100 were songs that didn't quite make the Billboard Top 100 tunes that week.
Ah... Ok! So I understand better the expression as it's used here by our friend Numanoid.

Hi guys,

I've ported OBXD and couple of other DAW plugins to run in web browsers.
Demo: https://mediatech.aalto.fi/publications ... awplugins/ (requires Chrome)

Return to “Instruments”