Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

keyman_sam wrote:Noob question on Omnisphere 1/2 - does it include all of trillian's and atmosphere's patches?

It does, and Omnisphere can also load everything from Trilian and the other way around. A recent update even brought the control parameters that are preset in Trilian (big knobs) to Omnisphere.

Also, I am absolutely sure that any new patch in Omnisphere 2 that does not use any of the new soundsources will come available for Omnisphere 1 users for free in patch updates.

Looking forward to playing with the upright basses in Trilian with the new granular engine in Omnisphere 2. Al thought I am probably not going to upgrade until the end of the year. I have some many projects I want to finish, and I am still experimenting daily with Serum. (it's just instane).
If I find some unexpected money then maybe I will upgrade a little sooner.

Kain wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Noob question on Omnisphere 1/2 - does it include all of trillian's and atmosphere's patches?

It does, and Omnisphere can also load everything from Trilian and the other way around. A recent update even brought the control parameters that are preset in Trilian (big knobs) to Omnisphere.
Nope. The only reason your trillian patches work in omni is because you purchased trillian.

Kain - superb!

(Edit - oop, yeah, Trilain patches only work in Omni with Trilian also installed and the front pages only appear in Omni 2)
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Kain wrote:

It does, and Omnisphere can also load everything from Trilian and the other way around.
What an incredibly stupid reply. It does NOT contain Trilian's patches. That's why Trilian is called Trilian and is a separate product!

basslinemaster wrote:What an incredibly stupid reply. It does NOT contain Trilian's patches. That's why Trilian is called Trilian and is a separate product!
(more firefighting...) Just to be 100% clear...

1. Omni 1 and 2 DO load Trilian patches, but ONLY if you also own and install Trilian.

2. Trilian's front page controls are visible in Tilian and Omnisphere 2 but not Omnisphere 1. You still have control over everything in Omni 1, it's just the slick and quick front page UI that is missing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:
2. Trilian's front page controls are visible in Tilian and Omnisphere 2 but not Omnisphere 1. You still have control over everything in Omni 1, it's just the slick and quick front page UI that is missing.
You know, I've stared at all of the 28 screenshots on the Spectrasonics site several times, and I'm still curious as to how this is going to work.

I've switched out more than a few parameters on Trilian's Main Page, but not enough to know what I can't do.

I'm so happy they've done this, but doesn't it beg the question: Why Can I Change The Parameters In The Bloody Trilian Main Page & not Omnisphere's?

I'm sure we can guess the reasons, but I bet we're going to see those complaints. Too funny.

rod_zero wrote:
declan32001 wrote: I'll give you that Alchemy & Harmor have extremely deep synthesis capability that Omnisphere doesn't claim to, or want to do. It's a very different approach to sound design and a very different instrument.

Comparing Massive to Omnisphere in any way is quite a chuckle, but comparing Zebra to Omnisphere is comedic genius. You really should email Urs your post.

I am just comparing interface vs complexity of the synth engine. Zebra has a superb interface for its complexity (in the sense that its modular but you can see the signal path).

Omnisphere is not that complex, it has a fixed signal path plus some envelopes, LFOs and the modulation matrix. But it just seems more complex because of the interface .

For example: if you are surfing presets on Zebra you can clearly see how many oscilators, filters and routing it has. In Omnisphere I just can see 1 osc, one envelope, one lfo and one modulation assigment at once, If I wanna see what is hapenning in the rest of the envelopes I have to click, and If i wanna see the details I have to zoom in, then zoom out and zoom again for another parameter, and so on. everything is two or three clicks away. In Zebra a lot of stuff is right there and the rest is just 1 click away.
To play devil's advocate, I kind of like Omnisphere's UI and I really don't find it complex at all. I love how so much modulation can be done with simple right clicks. I'd rather page around and have a very clear easy to read screen than a mess of everything.

Also, I look at Zebra and frankly... it's a mess UI wise. Skeuomorphic when it doesn't matter (modules... and what the hell are they shaped like?) and flat where it could convey functionality (buttons and knobs) What's envelope 1 modulating? Not that obvious unless you've read the manual. I'd expect in a modular that I would have to assign that and not have it automatically assigned in the mixer for me. What are those empty back circles? Oh... mod assign knobs.. for what? Oh, the parameter to the right. Hey, I know, I'll go in the mod matrix and see all my assignments... oops, not there.

It's everything but obvious and intuitive. You forget that because you know it so well. I remember getting Omnisphere and spending very little time with the manual... I just got everything instantly. Why? Well it's a simple architecture so I just understood how things were set up and if I needed to see mod assignments they're all right there in the modulations window. Yeah, it's a click away... but it is in Zebra as well. Now Zebra? Sure it's second nature now but that's only because I watched a bunch of tutorials and read the manual. I know Urs fancies himself an industrial designer, but frankly he should pass that to someone else and stick to his true calling, synth design. (btw, post Zebra U-He plug is have been a lot better)

Now, maybe we could benefit from a Omnisphere "overview" tab where you could see the entire structure of a patch at a glance... but I never really find myself wishing that. Usually a simple poke around and it's easy enough to see what's going on.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

neverfall wrote:I haven't been on KVR much in the past 3 years but most of you are still SO PREDICTABLE. :lol: You will bitch :x and moan :cry: about ANYTHING you can't afford. If the product isn't for YOU then it simply isn't for YOU. Stick with the freebies. No one is going to judge you.

Then again you know what? Continue bitching. For years you've spat out the 'Why can't I import my own audio' drivel. Welp...you got it! Keep giving Persing and Co. more ideas! Hey I've got one! Can we PLEASE see some implementation of Battery-Like' cells and an ADVANCED STEP SEQUENCER in Stylus 2? Okay. Thanks! :wink:
So true. I drive around all the time and I see a lot of kick ass cars. When ever I see a Tesla I think, "man that looks nice." I don't think, "What a f'n ripoff! I got my Ford Focus electric for a quarter of the price and it does most of the same things!" Now... we probably could have afforded to lease a Model S. We didn't because... well it's not a priority for us. We spent money moving closer to where my wife works. It puts us in a deficit (our rent is $200 more a month than we were able to rent our condo for) that could probably easily cover the difference in payment. But having a near zero commute was a huge priority for us as we now have a daughter and that's what's important.

Now, do I begrudge people who have Tesla's and similar luxury cars? No! Perhaps a shade of envy but the joke's on them! I get to see their cool cars that they can't see because they're on the inside and they have to look at my dorky Focus! HA! TAKE THAT!

Anyway, it seems that we now live in a world fueled by some IOM. (Internet Outrage Machine) Someone said something that I don't agree with! I'm outraged! Some company charged too much for new features I don't want! I'm outraged! Honestly, to this old man you sound like a bunch of crying babies... actually that's not fair. My baby seems a bit more emotionally evolved than what a lot of people sound like in this forum.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Anyway, it seems that we now live in a world fueled by some IOM. (Internet Outrage Machine) Someone said something that I don't agree with! I'm outraged! Some company charged too much for new features I don't want! I'm outraged! Honestly, to this old man you sound like a bunch of crying babies... actually that's not fair. My baby seems a bit more emotionally evolved than what a lot of people sound like in this forum.
do you really see outrage in this thread ?? i see some disappointment, that only seems more so as it meets head-on with equal measures of zealotry :shrug:

Lovin the KvR car analogies.... top work :hihi:

Omni2 reminds me of calvin harris...

I mean, I don't really see how the signal chain in Omnisphere could anything but immediately obvious.

Oscillators -> Filter -> FX

Isn't that pretty much the bread and butter of all subtractive synths :neutral:

What is not clear about that concept or what leads you to believe that Omnisphere doesn't work in this manner?

Personally I think Zebra has a very dated and confusing/convoluted UI. Its the primary reason I didn't purchase it even though it is powerful. To each his own I suppose.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Apologies if this has been covered somewhere in the past 39 pages:

I thought I saw an offer of a free upgrade to Omnisphere 2 if you buy and activate version 1 right now.
Is that true, and, if so, what is the cheapest way to get it?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I thought I would never cry again, but I was wrong. And Omnisphere 2 combination with new Aqua plugins and Nebula 4 (when it arrives) it would be f...... awesome.

zerocrossing wrote: So true. I drive around all the time and I see a lot of kick ass cars. When ever I see a Tesla I think, "man that looks nice." I don't think, "What a f'n ripoff! I got my Ford Focus electric for a quarter of the price and it does most of the same things!"
You just don't care about cars enough. :D

If you're really into cars there are plenty of forums you can go to to get your b%tch on. And they will be just as full of all of the religious zeal about what models are better, and what companies are out to lunch with their pricing, etc. etc. etc. People at KVR just tend to care more about VSTs ;)
zerocrossing wrote: Anyway, it seems that we now live in a world fueled by some IOM.
Haha! True.

Then again I *do* find that there is definitely some useful discussion that goes on here too though. And then there's some truly entertaining, thoughtful and funny posts to boot. Signal/noise. Like anything. The One Synth Challenge and the abrupt end to Camel audio, and the resulting Camel Audio thread got me paying more attention to KVR lately, and I have to say that overall it's pretty nice to have a place like this since most people in my normal life don't give a flying sh&%t about computer music, and wouldn't know what the f%^ck I was talking about if they did. :)

jlanthier wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: So true. I drive around all the time and I see a lot of kick ass cars. When ever I see a Tesla I think, "man that looks nice." I don't think, "What a f'n ripoff! I got my Ford Focus electric for a quarter of the price and it does most of the same things!"
You just don't care about cars enough. :D

If you're really into cars there are plenty of forums you can go to to get your b%tch on. And they will be just as full of all of the religious zeal about what models are better, and what companies are out to lunch with their pricing, etc. etc. etc. People at KVR just tend to care more about VSTs ;)
zerocrossing wrote: Anyway, it seems that we now live in a world fueled by some IOM.
Haha! True.

Then again I *do* find that there is definitely some useful discussion that goes on here too though. And then there's some truly entertaining, thoughtful and funny posts to boot. Signal/noise. Like anything. The One Synth Challenge and the abrupt end to Camel audio, and the resulting Camel Audio thread got me paying more attention to KVR lately, and I have to say that overall it's pretty nice to have a place like this since most people in my normal life don't give a flying sh&%t about computer music, and wouldn't know what the f%^ck I was talking about if they did. :)
It is nice to have people you can talk to about this stuff without them looking at you with that glazed look in their eyes like they haven't got a clue or an interest in what I'm saying.

Return to “Instruments”