Superlux into Scarlett 2i4 distorts on full volume

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Superlux 668 B distort when pushed to maximum volume on the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. The headphones are 2x56 ohms. Should I just not push to near maximum volume or is something faulty? I guess the guy who I read somewhere saying these two devices were right impedance wise was wrong.

...tested with some music, all is fine. Restarted DAW, all is fine there too. My bad. For future reference though, how to tell which impedance is right for a given headphone amplifier?

alexejm wrote:My Superlux 668 B distort when pushed to maximum volume on the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. The headphones are 2x56 ohms. Should I just not push to near maximum volume or is something faulty? I guess the guy who I read somewhere saying these two devices were right impedance wise was wrong.
don't push to max volume, regardless. take care of your ears :smack:

Yeah, I know. I am not actually mixing on full volume it's just that I don't get why the headphones would distort in the DAW (with Limiter on) and not while listening to music via a music app or whatever while testing on full volume. Is there a ohms/resistance mismatch between the Scarlett and Superlux 668B? I am not clipping on either channels nor 2buss.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”