MuLab & MUX Modular 6.3.6 released

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:New preference "Use VST Program Name As Default VST Name".
Switching this off will make that the default name for a VST is its DLL name.

mutools wrote:Improved the way how the display string and default value is defined for the modular meta-parameters. It's simple now: The defaults are defined by the first parameter mapping for that meta-parameter. To control this, the meta-parameter map editor now supports pushing a mapping to the top.
Right-click parameter mapping -> "Move To Top".

thank you kind sir will deed enjoy this :)

mutools wrote:You can now set exact parameter values by double-clicking the parameter value which pops up an input dialog.
:tu:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

sorry Jo - I've got to comment here

This reminds me of my current program - energy XT - I love it dearly - but the programmer is adding little bells and whistles whilst major issues and bugs go unfixed

As Jo knows from our email exchanges - I've just explained that even though I have paid for this program I will not be using it as there are unacceptable pauses in the audio when carrying out some editing / setting loop points / setting a new play point on the compose screen - and the program seems to be struggling once you've get a few audio tracks in the mix

I also have a big issue (still) with zooming not behaving in a logical manner - eg: auto scroll turning itself off
There are a few other issues but it would be tedious to list them here

However - I can't find anyone else complaining of these problems so I can see why they have not been addressed - maybe a lot of users are midi only?

There is however a big difference with Mutools in that the programmer (Jo) - responds extremely well to any issues raised - he has spent a lot of time answering my queries and seems genuinely concerned if his users are not happy - and this is worth a lot in todays "corporate" climate

I appreciate that to do this AND keep developing the program is much more than a full time job - so good on you Jo - I will hope to return one day
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:sorry Jo - I've got to comment here
That's alright, that's what this forum is for.
As Jo knows from our email exchanges - I've just explained that even though I have paid for this program I will not be using it as there are unacceptable pauses in the audio when carrying out some editing / setting loop points / setting a new play point on the compose screen
As emailed it indeed is not guaranteed that while edits are applied, the audio is 100% continuous, ie depending on the complexity of the session and the kind of edit, it may be that there is a little hickup while performing the edit. When using audio parts it may be more noticeable than when using sequence parts. I'll do my best to further finetune the code so that such hickups will further be minimized, ideally to an almost practical zero. It's on the wishlist.
and the program seems to be struggling once you've get a few audio tracks in the mix
Cfr our mails: I can't repeat that issue. Not even with the session you sent me (thx). And you wrote that you only encountered it in specific situations, though up to now we were not be able to narrow down the case. If you find anything further pls let me know. If anyone else would encounter abnormal slow UI respons when using audio parts, pls let me know.
I also have a big issue (still) with zooming not behaving in a logical manner - eg: auto scroll turning itself off.
I'm afraid we disagree on logic here. I think it's logical how it works. Auto-scroll has been discussed in the forum in depth some time ago and the current behavior is the result of it. I also compared to other DAWs at that time.
I appreciate that to do this AND keep developing the program is much more than a full time job - so good on you Jo - I will hope to return one day
Thx Mick, it was nice talking to you, sorry MuLab doesn't deliver right now what you're looking for. Hopefully one day it will. Step by step it will grow further. Stay tuned. Cheers!

mutools wrote:
  • Sequence input field now also accepts dropping MuSequence and MIDI files. Eg in the sequence part property panel.
Works fine so far but there is one little issue... if you drop a sequence on the input field, the data in the editor changes and the name of the dropped sequence appears in the list, but the name in the input field stays the same... i.e. you got "Seq 1" loaded and you drop "Seq 2" on the input field the displayed name in the input field still says "Seq 1"... the "Seq 2" is available in the list and you got the data from "Seq 2" but the showed name doesn´t change automaticaly as I would expect...
mutools wrote:
  • When saving a MUX preset that includes the Sequence Player Module, the used grid now is saved too.
Works... thx :-)

Trancit wrote:Works fine so far but there is one little issue... if you drop a sequence on the input field, the data in the editor changes and the name of the dropped sequence appears in the list, but the name in the input field stays the same... i.e. you got "Seq 1" loaded and you drop "Seq 2" on the input field the displayed name in the input field still says "Seq 1"... the "Seq 2" is available in the list and you got the data from "Seq 2" but the showed name doesn´t change automaticaly as I would expect...
Are you dropping session sequence objects or MIDI files?
Note that when you're dropping a MIDI file it is loaded into that sequence hence the name stays the same. It's the same as if you would do sequence -> Import MIDI File.

Updated MuLab 6.3.1 available in http://www.mutools.com/forsythia/

What's changed:
  • When opening/saving VST banks/programs the browser was not yet perfectly positioned to the last relevant file/folder. Now it is.
  • You can now drop samples directly onto MuDrum pads, that will load them into that pad's MuSampla element 1.
How to upgrade from MuLab 6.2.x or up: Simply replace the MuLab.app / MuLab.exe + MuLab.ID files by the new versions.

Thanks Jo :tu:

Nice update. I especially appreciate the saving of banks and fxp's
now takes me to the last place that was saved.

Good for the workflow.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

All of my Air plugins Loom, Vacuum Pro and Xpand 2 the interface does not show up in the latest version of MuLab. OSX 10.9.5... any reason for that?

I'm afraid the main reason is that Apple likes breaking compatibilities all the time. As an example a musical friend of me has a Roland SH201 and when he upgraded to OSX 10.10 his Roland SH201 stopped working because Apple decided to break compatibility!! This has nothing to do with MuLab nor MUX, search the web. Incredible that they break an even basic function like generic MIDI input. Even big companies like Roland, M-Audio, ... get tired by this Apple behavior. Meanwhile Apple makes giant profits cause of the hype around Apple. I don't get it. Do you? Maybe breaking compatibilities is more profitable for them?

Personally I think apple should be boycotted. Overpriced, underrated and monopolistic are their only traits. Even a simple thing like putting music on your iDevice is made difficult by forcing users to use iTunes! Don't really understand why anyone would buy an iPhone either, seriously I bought a £40 Android and never had a problem with it. It has dual core processor so it's pretty fast but lacks internal memory, that's soon sorted with a memory card though. Really why pay £500-£600 on a device that really isn't that much better than a similar device for £40??? Yeah ok people buy on contract but you pay for the phone not just the calls like you think!

Anyway, thanks for the update Jo nice work :tu:

Little bug: Pop up text (on hover) over the Pad parameter in the amp module provides funny numbers. Using Version 6.3.1

Last edited by dakkra on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”