Anybody still using Kore 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:For those few of us still using Kore you might like to know that Leap in the Void's top class sound library for Massive, The Serpent, is now available for Kore too (for anyone who bought it already it's a free addon):

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... ost1188419

afraid this won't work on Player though as NI no longer license Soundpacks but for full Kore owners it's the next best thing - every patch has 8 morphing variations so 8 times the value of the original version.

If there's enough interest I will do the same for the new bank but I'm worried there are too few of us left so please show some support for this if you can :(
Just found out about these from your link and love them. I will definitely purchase them, so yes, I am interested in the Kore version of DTDWB. Thanks!
Awesome - it will come. I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Takes time though.

aMUSEd wrote:
bharris22 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:For those few of us still using Kore you might like to know that Leap in the Void's top class sound library for Massive, The Serpent, is now available for Kore too (for anyone who bought it already it's a free addon):

afraid this won't work on Player though as NI no longer license Soundpacks but for full Kore owners it's the next best thing - every patch has 8 morphing variations so 8 times the value of the original version.

If there's enough interest I will do the same for the new bank but I'm worried there are too few of us left so please show some support for this if you can :(
Just found out about these from your link and love them. I will definitely purchase them, so yes, I am interested in the Kore version of DTDWB. Thanks!
:tu:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm thinking of going from OSX Snow Leopard to either Lion or Mountain Lion. Whether or not Kore works on ML will be the big factor. So has anyone using Kore successfully used it on OSX ML?

djshire wrote:Sorry to dig up an old thread. I'm thinking of going from OSX Snow Leopard to either Lion or Mountain Lion. Whether or not Kore works on ML will be the big factor. So has anyone using Kore successfully used it on OSX ML?
I have used Kore 2 on ML and also on Mavericks. No problems what so ever.

Yep, a happy Mavericks user here. NI pulled off a 64-bit Kore installer before sending it to the grave)

I'm still using Kore, but everyday less. Don't know what to do with it. If only NI offered some good upgrade for Komplete or something I really want.

aMUSEd wrote:
bharris22 wrote:

Just an update, I converted all the Leap into the Void Massive patches to Kore versions now including Massive Unlimited, and most banks also have morphing versions with additional variations; the last one to do is Fields of Serenity which is all converted but I am taking my time over making additional morphing variations for most patches because they are just so lovely.

Another Massive bank now available in Kore 2 format, almost all with morphing variations, is Hollo's fantastic Massive Heaven:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6#p6059896

So Kore 2 is definitely still alive and kicking. The advantages Kore 2 has over Massive for these patches are huge, we get:

An additional 7 variations per patch, all morphable in realtime, so vastly more musical possibilities.

Fully tagged sounds with user notes and enhanced attributes that go beyond the cut down browser version currently in Massive.

The ability to play these sounds even if you don't have the full version of Massive as they work with Kore's internal Massive 'engine'.

I would really urge Kore users to support these devs for their willingness to keep Kore alive.

dp
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

btw I have also converted all The Unfinished's Massive Darkscore banks to Kore format now, including the recently released fifth one.

http://www.theunfinished.co.uk/shop/mas ... rkscore-v/

another epic sound set

Kore will work on Mavericks? So I can skip Lion and ML and just go straight to Mavericks and everything will work fine? Or is it safer to use ML from an audio production standpoint?

Thank you aMUSEd for mentioning and converting the new soundset:
Massive Heaven for Massive and Kore 2!

If anyone of you want to buy the soundset, please drop a mail to me so i can send manually the KSD
files. Only the Massive NMSV file are in the automatic download link.

There is also a free taster bank in KSD format too. Mail me if interested.

Cheers, :)
Joseph

djshire wrote:Kore will work on Mavericks? So I can skip Lion and ML and just go straight to Mavericks and everything will work fine? Or is it safer to use ML from an audio production standpoint?
Yes works fine on Mavericks.

I really liked Kore 2 as a sound creation and real-time morphing tool. I was never interested in it as a preset browser / manager but I thought it was a cool idea and started using it since I had (still have) it. When NI dropped it I stopped using it because I did not want to go further down the rabbit hole of a dead tool.

AFAIK there were two camps at NI, Kore and Maschine, and a business decision was made to focus on Maschine. Now the new NI KB controllers with Komplete integration appear to have been injected with some of the DNA of Kore 2. I won't be sinking any money or time and workflow adaption into one of those, though. You know, fool me once...
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I really liked Kore 2 as a sound creation and real-time morphing tool. (...) I won't be sinking any money or time and workflow adaption into one of those, though. You know, fool me once...
Exactly as I feel.

Gribs wrote:I really liked Kore 2 as a sound creation and real-time morphing tool. I was never interested in it as a preset browser / manager but I thought it was a cool idea and started using it since I had (still have) it. When NI dropped it I stopped using it because I did not want to go further down the rabbit hole of a dead tool.

AFAIK there were two camps at NI, Kore and Maschine, and a business decision was made to focus on Maschine. Now the new NI KB controllers with Komplete integration appear to have been injected with some of the DNA of Kore 2. I won't be sinking any money or time and workflow adaption into one of those, though. You know, fool me once...
+1

...right now the software of these Komplete Keyboards doesn't look very appealing, because it seems to be hugely inferior to Kore. I can understand that NI couldn't or did not want to release a software that has more or less the same functionality like Kore. I hear the build quality of the keyboards is very good and I believe that, however there are other quality keyboards as well and right now their software doesn't seem to offer much.

I don't like their new tagging system. I remember when I used Kore I also often wondered when I looked at the attributes of a sound. Quite often I felt that sounds weren't tagged properly. On other occasions I searched for a specific preset I knew. I entered the, in my view, appropriate attributes and quite often it didn't show up in the list. Now their tagging system has been simplified in Maschine and the problem I'm having now is that I can maybe narrow a search down from synth basses to analog synth basses, but still I have to got through dozens or even hundreds of patches.

My point is this: their library system (surely due to its complexity) has already been flawed with Kore, but now, without any abilities to describe the characteristics of a sound in a meaningful way, this whole system really makes no sense to me. And there's the fact that it (like Kore) is a wrapper. I can understand there's currently no way around that, but I really hope, developers would come together and agree on a new standard. That MIDI HD discussion announcement at NAMM sounded promising, though I don't know if it had any obliging outcome.

I don't like rants about NI, as I feel they're often unbalanced and unobjective. I love their instruments and use them almost exclusively for almost 15 years. Apart from a few drawbacks I think, they're top quality and, if I could choose just one instrument, it would be Komplete :D. But their claims about their preset system, hands-on usability, complete controller mappings etc. - it's the only area where I would say it's total marketing BS that doesn't live up to its promise...

Return to “Instruments”