One Synth Challenge #73 special: Synthmaster (Jasinski wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Excited by this month's synth selection! I have noticed that SM has an 'audio in' mode for it's oscillators- I assume this would also be off limits as that option is not available for the player mode?

If you want to keep this fair for everyone, there is a Player skin option for the full version. The contest could restrict everyone to using that. I've messed around with the Player settings and you can do a bit of modification to the presets via the easy controls and effects. I love making sounds so I don't really want to do this but it would be more in line with the 'free' aspect of the contest.

I like Jasinski's idea though I'm sure I'd be missing out on any of the drum presets he would share 8) :clap:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

bjporter wrote:If you've entered in THREE or more OSCs in the past, and you definitely are going to enter this month, you may have a copy of Synthmaster Player FULL version (800+ sounds).
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Why not just have the "free player only" and the sounds it comes with, so everyone is singing from the same song sheet, so to speak.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

i was using the free player for a little while this morning,there are no drums with the free player which is a bit of a disappointment,well none that we can use only sfz

bibz1st wrote:Why not just have the "free player only" and the sounds it comes with, so everyone is singing from the same song sheet, so to speak.
Because the people who spent $200 on the whole synth package won't enter. It's that simple. I don't have the player and have no intentions of downloading and installing it. Why should I? And that's if it's even possible without messing up my installation. No thanks.

I think the terms of the contest are more than fair considering those who qualify actually get a version of Synthmaster that they can program their own sounds with for NOTHING.

Sorry to say this, but sometimes some people just can't enter. Some synths are PC only and that screws over the MAC people. That's life. It happens. They're trying to make this contest as fair for everyone as they can without totally pissing off all the people who actually bought Synthmaster but can't use it because of those who don't have it and don't qualify. Unfortunately, somebody is not going to be happy.

Whatever they decide, I'll abide by. But if it's player only, I won't be entering this month. It's that simple.

Now this is interesting. Synthmaster is my go to synth, and i'm gonna enjoy making this month OSC tracks.
musisikamar.com

Have synthmaster but just the factory soundbank which is cool.
Have started laying down the foundation for a track, think I am going to create an uplifting chill out style of track this month but it may have a dark twist to it somewhere. Just trying to get the drums to go with the arp at present.

Are we allowed to use the midi instruments in ableton? as that has quite a good arp and would like to try a few things out.

thanks

It was just a suggestion
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

wagtunes wrote:
I think the terms of the contest are more than fair considering those who qualify actually get a version of Synthmaster that they can program their own sounds with for NOTHING.
no one is getting SM for nothing,you either use " SM player full" or "SM player free" if you dont own the full version,so there is no real sound design aspect to those players

ere2learn wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
no one is getting SM for nothing,you either use " SM player full" or "SM player free" if you dont own the full version,so there is no real sound design aspect to those players
Well then honestly, I'm a bit confused. I thought people who had entered 3 OSCs were getting the same "advantage" as those who have the programmable synth.

If not, then what exactly are we allowed to use? Am I restricted to presets only? If not, I don't see how this is a fair contest. Those who paid for the full version can make their own sounds while those who don't are stuck with the presets.

While I am on the greener side of this grass, I have to admit that I don't see how this puts everybody on the same playing field.

Oh well, it's not my contest. I don't make the rules. I just follow them. But I can see now where some people might be a little upset given that this is supposed to be a contest where the synth chosen is free. The full version that I have is not free.

So again, what am I allowed to use and what can't I use? Do I too have to stick to just the presets that came with Synthmaster?

A clarification would be nice.

the way i read it,if you own the full version you can program your own sounds and use the stock presets(whatever they may be)

ere2learn wrote:the way i read it,if you own the full version you can program your own sounds and use the stock presets(whatever they may be)
Well, again, that gives those (like me) who own the full programmable version an advantage over those who are only getting the player, even with 800 patches.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused. I thought everybody was supposed to be on the same playing field in these OSC's.

agree and there are no drums on the free player

ere2learn wrote:agree and there are no drums on the free player
Well, hopefully BJ will come by and explain how this particular OSC was decided and why they ultimately felt it was fair.

Personally, I'm not seeing it and am going to hold off even starting on it until more info is given as to the decision process.

Because this one really has me scratching my head.

Return to “Instruments”