Why Do you Use an Audio Editor?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the main purpose you use an audio editor?

Is it to create podcasts?

Is it to restore old vinyl, tape or other analog recordings?

Is there any other reasons?

Please provide me with feedback. This is for a project that I am working on and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Are you counting a DAW as being an audio editor or not?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Soungforge

Editing samples/audio files

Mastering tracks

I use audio editors (mainly Audacity) for timestretching, reversing, pitch-shifting, filtering, trimming. I have other editors which I mainly use for their different visualisation capabilities.

Do your own homework. I ain't getting graded or paid.

this is rather a simplistic query, you should be able to answer this on your own or do reasonable research via google to provide you an answer.

Started using same for audio restoration, tried to do the same in a DAW, find editors workflow much suitable personally, it's one of those things you really need to try for yourself, see does it have benefits over the DAW you use. :tu:

Please don't start multiple threads asking the same question.

jknote12 wrote:This is for a project that I am working on
Please tell ...

to edit audio

record,
edit,
mass convert,
convert flac,
cutting based on cue files,
converting text to speech, etc....

jancivil wrote:to edit audio
that's what I was going to say :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Because my screen was always damaged when I used a knife for cutting samples! :o

whyterabbyt wrote:Are you counting a DAW as being an audio editor or not?
No, I'm speaking of products such as Sound Forge, WavePad, Acoustica digital Audio Editor, etc.

Some features are esclusive of a good wave editor, they are not part of a daw's standard editing tools. Also, the workflow is faster for certain tasks.

Ripping vinyl records, editing mixes and things like that are obvious tasks for a wave editor. Try doing these things in a daw and you'll soon see why you may want to use a dedicated editor (though I felt no need when I tried Samplitude [Se] a few years ago).

Mod note.... I merged the 2 duplicate topics into this one so posts above may have altered arrangement. Please don't post duplicate topics.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”