Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 Support

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was using Concert Strings in Logic 9. I recently updated to Logic X and now have 10.1. When starting a new project, intending to use the strings, I found the EXS instruments were no longer on my drive, although the sample files are still where I had them. I restored the EXS instruments from my backup into /user/library/application support/logic/sampler instruments. But still, when I open up EXS24 in Logic X, it does not seem to be aware of the CS2 EXS file. Using the load menu lets me navigate to them, but they are greyed out.

Some guidance please...

Sounds like something for the Logic Support forum.

So CS 2 should work in Logic X just the way it worked in Logic 9?

bayswater wrote:So CS 2 should work in Logic X just the way it worked in Logic 9?
Yes, there should be no difference whatsoever. If one were to have been successfully using CS2 in Logic 9, and then upgraded to Logic 10 and found that CS2 no longer worked, then it is a Logic issue whether installation or other.

Hi:
Purchased Concert Strings 2 a few years ago. I had a problem with notes cutting off and put it aside. After upgrading to Kontakt 5, I reloaded Concert Strings 2 and have the same problem. It will just randomly cut off notes, sometimes at the beginning of a chord, sometimes one note of the chord after a few seconds, sometimes it will work for several chords and then a note will cut off.I tried turning CS2 reverb off, legato off, etc but it had no effect.This happens with at least the cello 3 player and the violin 4 player options loaded.
Also, sometimes the on screen keyboard will show keys depressed after I release them.
I have TEVC 3.

Running an i7 with 16 gig RAM, Do CPU overload disabled. I have several libraries and do not have the problem. I loaded Kontakt's VSL cello section and it played the chords flawlessly.
Any help would be appreciated.
P.S. Can I still upgrade to TEVC 4? Any idea on the cost?
Thanks.

Don't worry about the keyboard display. What you're seeing is ok. As far as the notes cutting off, the only time I have had a report about that is if the drive where the samples are "spins down" during playback.

Hi:
I figured out the keyboard display problem, Smart Legato will keep the first key pressed displayed as depressed if playing a chord. The other problem only happens with KH strings. I have improved it by upping by overriding the" preload instrument buffer size" and increasing it. This does indicate that it may be a disk problem I will check on that.
BTW, the range on the on screen keyboard shows several higher unplayable notes for the Cello.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”