MultitrackStudio

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MultitrackStudio

MultitrackStudio

With Notation

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/

"Audio tracks can be recorded while playing along with previously recorded ones."

Finally! Yeah!
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

MultitrackStudio. Audio, MIDI, plugins. Discuss.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Ok, let's get this straight: if I hit 'record' in some DAW.. I can't listen to the other tracks while recording??
I haven't recorded yet.

"Licenses include one year of free updates"

That's pretty skimpy innit, when the Pro version costs $119

Even Reason usually wait 18 months/two years between each upgrade.

And if you thought you were Professional, you are only Standard with MS v8

This is also an interesting claim: MultitrackStudio Instruments improvements -> Virtually all instruments sound better.

So VSTs (Virtual Studio Technology) sounds better than in other DAWs? :?

To be fair, the product looks like it has been around for a while, up to version 8 and running possibly since 2001. Plus there's an iOS version and it appears to have some community activity on its forum, if not an awful lot.

It's no BabyaLogic though - whatever happened to him? Do you think Apple bought him out? I've not seen any activity for years...

Numanoid wrote:"

This is also an interesting claim: MultitrackStudio Instruments improvements -> Virtually all instruments sound better.

So VSTs (Virtual Studio Technology) sounds better than in other DAWs? :?
Seems this is referring to improvement of the built in instruments.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

"I've not actually encountered a DAW that does 'sound-on-sound' overdubbing into a single audio region/clip/event/object whatever.
Most DAWs do have a comping feature which allows multiple audio takes to be recorded into the region and then promoted to be 'active', but comping allows one stream to be audible at any one time.
I'm unfamiliar with any DAW that allows multiple layers of sound to be written into one object and be multiply audible."

Source: Angstrom at Ableton forum (20/11/13).

Ha ha is this true? Ha ha ha sorry but this is hilarious. Well.. if you THINK about it.. get it? THINK? Naaaawww.. ha ha ha ha

Morgaxx wrote:Seems this is referring to improvement of the built in instruments.
You don't say :D

BTW the Studio has been around the block a couple of times, v2.0 was released as far back as July 2002 :o

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/multitrack ... leased_462

Bit of a workaround.. three tracks. Somehow this made me happy though.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-rdr0qhWk

I tested the free version a while back. I think a major feature of the program is that it escapes the common linear view fashion. There isn't much of an overview to be had, you need to have it in your head. Like old fashion recorders, you need to have a clear plan of what you're going to record, instead of building on loops. Not so much of a workflow thing but more of a mindset and that might as well click with some people. If my memory serves me right, there's no loop mode.

From the website, here's a screenshot of its touch screen interface:

Functional and to the point. Version 8 just out: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/version8.php

Unfortunately, there is not trial - only a Lite version. I wanted to hear the time stretch/pitchshifting that it is capable of. The pdf document say says that the algorithms are by Zynaptiq. This company now produces what was Time Factory (formerly by Prosoniq)
I remember testing Time Factory and being very impressed with its quality.

Just curious.

She Changed Her Mind wrote:"I've not actually encountered a DAW that does 'sound-on-sound' overdubbing into a single audio region/clip/event/object whatever.
Most DAWs do have a comping feature which allows multiple audio takes to be recorded into the region and then promoted to be 'active', but comping allows one stream to be audible at any one time.
I'm unfamiliar with any DAW that allows multiple layers of sound to be written into one object and be multiply audible."

Source: Angstrom at Ableton forum (20/11/13).

Ha ha is this true? Ha ha ha sorry but this is hilarious. Well.. if you THINK about it.. get it? THINK? Naaaawww.. ha ha ha ha
Er... what do you find so hilarious about it?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ras.s wrote:I tested the free version a while back. I think a major feature of the program is that it escapes the common linear view fashion. There isn't much of an overview to be had, you need to have it in your head.

It has what it calls "song Editor" too though.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I've tried the free version many years ago, and while I didn't liked it, I thought it was very stable and a solid DAW soundwise. The interface is looking good, but old school multitracker like this is not my thing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”