I had an idea.

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I liked a melotron sound. So as i know melotron is a tape player with one tape per note up to 8 seconds play back. I think it is totaly limited. And it is no better then todays low quality cruppy hardwear sample play back keybords like for example Yamaha Motif XF 8.

But i want to get melo tron sound out of any play back. Let say if u cold get melotron sound out of a huge real orchestra with all dinamics it was playing and full range sound but not like one velocity per note up to 8 secods like on real melotron.
So because i thought mlotron is just a tape player then I went to Uhe Satin demo and to see if i can get a melotron sound with it out of my Uhe Amber string machine and i failed. It sounded nothing like melotron.

So what i did wrong with Uhe Satin?
Last edited by chilly7 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://слово-божье.рф

maybe post the patch and sound examples?

chilly7 wrote:I liked a melotron sound. So as i know melotron is a tape player with one tape per note up to 8 seconds play back. I think it is totaly limited. And it is no better then todays low quality cruppy hardwear sample play back keybords like for example Yamaha Motif XF 8.

But i want to get melo tron sound out of any play back. Let say if u cold get melotron sound out of a huge real orchestra with all dinamics it was playing and full range sound but not like one velocity per note up to 8 secods like or real melotron.
So because i thought mlotron is just a tape player then I went to Uhe Satin demo and to see if i can get a melotron sound with it out of my Uhe Amber string machine and i failed. It sounded nothing like melotron.

You assumed that you can make something sound like a specific device by trying to copy one single aspect of that device.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
chilly7 wrote:I liked a melotron sound. So as i know melotron is a tape player with one tape per note up to 8 seconds play back. I think it is totaly limited. And it is no better then todays low quality cruppy hardwear sample play back keybords like for example Yamaha Motif XF 8.

But i want to get melo tron sound out of any play back. Let say if u cold get melotron sound out of a huge real orchestra with all dinamics it was playing and full range sound but not like one velocity per note up to 8 secods like or real melotron.

You assumed that you can make something sound like a specific device by trying to copy one single aspect of that device.
But what is the diference then beside what tape recorder offeres?

Suloo wrote:maybe post the patch and sound examples?
I do not think it is nessery because u can all do it by uself and see if u can make melotron sound out of Uhe Satin. I failed to do that.

chilly7 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

All that stuff you want to replace.

You can't get a mellotron sound out of a pristine sample set of a huge real orchestra with all dynamics through a tape simulation because the mellotron sound was a specific set of 8-second single one-velocity tapes on a crude mechanical assembly.

Saying you want the mellotron sound from a huge real orchestra soundset with all dynamics is completely missing the point of what a mellotron wasnt; a huge realistic set of sounds with lots of dynamics.

whyterabbyt wrote:
chilly7 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

All that stuff you want to replace.

You can't get a mellotron sound out of a pristine sample set of a huge real orchestra with all dynamics through a tape simulation because the mellotron sound was a specific set of 8-second single one-velocity tapes on a crude mechanical assembly.

Saying you want the mellotron sound from a huge real orchestra soundset with all dynamics is completely missing the point of what a mellotron wasnt; a huge realistic set of sounds with lots of dynamics.
I do not want limitetion of real melotron, but i like how it colors sound.
I though this is how old tape colors sounds, but not more modern prestine sounding tapes. But i tried in Satin both modern and Vintage tapes and did not get melotron sound.
So i want to find out what wrong i did.

chilly7 wrote: I do not want limitetion of real melotron, but i like how it colors sound.
I though this is how old tape colors sounds, but not more modern prestine sounding tapes. But i tried in Satin both modern and Vintage tapes and did not get melotron sound.

But the point is that the coloration of the mellotron not only comes form tape but alfo from: the recordings which were pretty basic for modern standards, the play back and so on.

I guess one way to get more "tape sound" out of satin is to play with the settings in the service panel (hiss, asperity, wow" and see if you get something you like.
dedication to flying

chilly7 wrote: I do not want limitetion of real melotron, but i like how it colors sound.
You are directing an unusual number of questions at u-he for someone who has never bought a u-he product.

Instead of wasting everyone's time with this "idea," why not get a Mellotron emulator and be done with it?

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro

rod_zero wrote:

But the point is that the coloration of the mellotron not only comes form tape but alfo from: the recordings which were pretty basic for modern standards, the play back and so on.

I guess one way to get more "tape sound" out of satin is to play with the settings in the service panel (hiss, asperity, wow" and see if you get something you like.
I tryed but i did not get anything. maby because my knowladge is low in that feald.
But thanks. I totaly missed that importen factor how was it recorded because when i applay Satin to a track it does a perfect capturing sound in to the Satin.

Frantz wrote:
You are directing an unusual number of questions at u-he for someone who has never bought a u-he product.

Instead of wasting everyone's time with this "idea," why not get a Mellotron emulator and be done with it?

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro
If a Uhe plugin can deliver me what i need then i will need to buy it.
I do not have infinity money to buy awrything which i have no use or even if i had infinity money i would better give them to sombody who really needs them then.
In the past i did many times mistakes of buying something and do not get what i was expacting or listening to promises of manufators and they did not do what they were promising. And now I do not want to buy product and then find out it does not much what i was erxpecting for it. So if i need let say to get a meltoron sound out of a normal track i am looking for solutions. The first think which can to my myind was Uhe Satin so i came to this forum and ask people if i can do that beacuse i failed my self to do it and i did not know why.
P.s.
I do not think i am waisting awrybody time because i think my questions are interesting and Uhe can improve their producs and not only i can find a use in them but other people too.
If u not intresting in my question then ignore them.

By the way it looks like even u did not read fully what i was asking here so that link u posted is not useful for me for my original question here in this thread. Because i do not want a prerecorded 3 party samples of melotron but i want to convert any Instrument in my DAW in real time to melotron sound but with out disavanteges of real melotron.

you do not have an idea ...
you have a delusion ...

chilly7 wrote:Because i do not want a prerecorded 3 party samples of melotron but i want to convert any Instrument in my DAW in real time to melotron sound but with out disavanteges of real melotron.
You are demonstrating fundamental misunderstandings about synths:

Mellotron uses tapes so Satin must be a good substitute because it is a tape emulation. :dog:
Moog System 55 is modular so Ace must be a good substitute because it is modular. :dog:

What will be your next idea?
A shark has fins so a goldfish must be a good substitute because it has fins. :dog:

Chilly you could just go buy the M-tron Pro if you want the mellotron sound.
:borg:

Frantz wrote:
chilly7 wrote:Because i do not want a prerecorded 3 party samples of melotron but i want to convert any Instrument in my DAW in real time to melotron sound but with out disavanteges of real melotron.
You are demonstrating fundamental misunderstandings about synths:

Mellotron uses tapes so Satin must be a good substitute because it is a tape emulation. :dog:
Moog System 55 is modular so Ace must be a good substitute because it is modular. :dog:
dont forget 'Bazille does FM so Bazille must be an FM8 substitute'

or basically umpteen tedious rounds of 'u-he, i dont actually buy your stuff, but make your product X more like product Y instead'

Return to “u-he”