Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

Can registered users have access to the beta/bug tracker so we can enter bugs directly?

Also, can we get early access to betas of the instruments we own?

OK been round in circles.

Downloaded the updates for Loom and Vacuum Pro to 1.0.4 from version 1.x

Both are requesting ilok authorisations, yet the IRL licenses are not working?

I seem to have lost the alternative (original) activation process.

In sumamry neither Loom or Vacuum Pro are now loading in Cubase 8 as blacklisted (so wiping the blacklist xml file), but again prompting for ilok authoristaion.

And the eternal circle continues!?

HELP

Hate to repeat myself (and others), but ping Simon Bangs with AIR, I'm sure he'll get you sorted.

True, Simon always delivers.

Just downloaded Loom 1.0.4, which does work as a 15 day demo – nice!

Interesting synth. It runs fine on OS 10.9.5 in Logic 10.1.1 and as a VST in Live 9.1.7 (32 and 64), but as AU, Loom doesn't instantiate in Live 32 and in Live 64, I get a blank (translucent) GUI with just the window frame showing.

Maybe this is old news…

MB Air 2013, 8 GB RAM.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

dwozzle wrote:Hate to repeat myself (and others), but ping Simon Bangs with AIR, I'm sure he'll get you sorted.
Thanks. Ill send him an email...it's an ObiWanKanobi moment "...my only hope..."

Edit Done pinged him an email...here's hoping :) Thanks for the referal.

I updated with much trepidation, fearing that the process would take ages like the first time (Structure took 77 weeks to install initially… and 76 weeks of those were failed attempts due to the size of the library etc) BUT this time it all went fine… Aside from some initial disgust and anxiety inspired by the iLok manager thing that was non-negotiably installed (and required a restart to work)…

After the first install of one instrument, Hybrid3, with the iLok manager (keeping in mind I have not used and will never use iLok)… The other ones updated breezily, like a typical quick update patch, and then I just needed to put in the fresh activation code etc.

AND better than all of that… Better than sliced bread… The instruments now retain chosen preset sounds when re-opening Samplitude! Christ, that is a valuable improvement and made my day. Whereas before, the instrument would display the chosen preset, but the sound would be default. Causing me to have to reload the instrument to get the actual chosen sound working again. Major pain, as I used to have to routinely save slightly altered presets as new presets, just to make sure I could get things going again in future. But no more!

So, very happy so far, but will obviously have to keep an eye on the new manager utility thing, see if it hinders performance or intrudes in any way.

EagleZone wrote:So, very happy so far, but will obviously have to keep an eye on the new manager utility thing, see if it hinders performance or intrudes in any way.
It doesn't. You only really use the manager when you want to activate a new licence code, that's all.

EvilDragon wrote:
EagleZone wrote:So, very happy so far, but will obviously have to keep an eye on the new manager utility thing, see if it hinders performance or intrudes in any way.
It doesn't. You only really use the manager when you want to activate a new licence code, that's all.
Do u know where the license manager is installed when the 204 updates installed. Can't seem to find it. Might help my situation with loom and vacuum till the ilok activation codes resolved.

Usually stuff that is installed goes to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Dunno about OSX.

In Mac OS, the iLok License Manager is installed in the folder Your computer/Macintosh HD/Applications (where all the rest of your apps are). Very similar to Windows, in fact.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

On windows im referring to the air license program not ilok license.
Looked in prog.progx86 prog data
Is it a case that 2.04 is ilok only as I thought it's both?
Not sure why I'm hitting convoluted issues on a simple update with preregistered software.

Spitfire31 wrote:Just downloaded Loom 1.0.4, which does work as a 15 day demo – nice!

Interesting synth. It runs fine on OS 10.9.5 in Logic 10.1.1 and as a VST in Live 9.1.7 (32 and 64), but as AU, Loom doesn't instantiate in Live 32 and in Live 64, I get a blank (translucent) GUI with just the window frame showing.

Maybe this is old news…

MB Air 2013, 8 GB RAM.

/Joachim
Hello, only VST is certified for Ableton at the moment. Please choose this.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

MFXxx wrote:OK been round in circles.

Downloaded the updates for Loom and Vacuum Pro to 1.0.4 from version 1.x

Both are requesting ilok authorisations, yet the IRL licenses are not working?

I seem to have lost the alternative (original) activation process.

In sumamry neither Loom or Vacuum Pro are now loading in Cubase 8 as blacklisted (so wiping the blacklist xml file), but again prompting for ilok authoristaion.

And the eternal circle continues!?

HELP
Hello, you can also run the stand alone authorize or iLok license manager to authorize.

*EDIT* saw you sent an email we will get back to you.
Last edited by sbangs_air on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Musical Gym wrote:Can registered users have access to the beta/bug tracker so we can enter bugs directly?

Also, can we get early access to betas of the instruments we own?
Thank you very much for your interest. We are taking applications to test future versions. Please drop me an PM with any prior test experience or issues you are facing.

Typically we will select these from the most active here or on at our support forum http://community.airmusictech.com (Please create tickets on the community to log any bugs you find)

We dont offer all users testing. Unfortunately, in the nicest way some people cant handle testing and can get frustrated with issues which may arise or provide unhelpful feedback ect, so we do have to filter this.
Its also not a good idea to test plugins in a live production environment while every effort is made to ensure betas are ok.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Return to “Instruments”