drum maps; editing percussion 2.9?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has drum editing made it into the 2.9 beta? If so, what are the enhancements? When I start a composition I usually start with a drum beat. Thanks.

Drum editing is not in the beta yet, and due to an unplanned task I don't expect its implementation will start in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

In my opinion, RC's main intention is to make melodic and harmonic composing easy. Not so much for drums. If you want heavily-editable drum stuff, check out Toontrack's Superior 2.0 line (or EZ Drummer 2, which is almost as good). Run RC as a VST inside your favorite daw, and go crazy with drums with Toontrack stuff.

themixtape wrote:In my opinion, RC's main intention is to make melodic and harmonic composing easy. Not so much for drums. If you want heavily-editable drum stuff, check out Toontrack's Superior 2.0 line (or EZ Drummer 2, which is almost as good). Run RC as a VST inside your favorite daw, and go crazy with drums with Toontrack stuff.
There are as many uses for RC as there are genres of music and since some type of drum implementation is all ready present if the plan is to update the current functionality then I will patently wait.

I make hip hop music, I want just a simple drum grid, 32 step resolution would be nice, just lay a simple foundation for a track then move it to a daw. I don't want to load a daw every time. Have you tried laying down a beat in RC. I can't figure out how to lay down a simple:

boom bap ba boom boom bap

beat.

No I haven't laid down a beat in RC... I use RC as VST most of the time, so if I need a drum loop, I'll just drop one in as I compose piano things with RC.

Also, you could have RC in standalone mode, running Poise (if you have Windows)... which is a virtual MPC... use some of the pre-made MIDI drumloops (free with registered version)... there's hip-hop loops, rock loops, etc.

Or you can use the soundfont hip-hop kit... and choose one of those loops. There's some boom-bap stuff in there (and trust me, I love real hip-hop... matter of fact I'm wearing my Tribe Called Quest shirt at this exact moment)

I'll see if I can do a tutorial video about hip-hop production and supplying a simple "boom-bap" for hip-hop composition.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”