MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

You are absolutly right, I have no idea how I missed that, hum. And it does sound nice indeed.

Thank you!

tanabarbier wrote:You are absolutly right, I have no idea how I missed that, hum. And it does sound nice indeed.
Thank you!
Sure :-)

And another feature request from me: in modulator banks mode, you have the list of targets on the left and the list of values on the right, but in no graphical order. So when I have 20 different parameters I have to count them to know which number belongs to which parameter. It would be a good help for editing if an index column is added in the right part that shows the parameter names.

:-)

ZentralmassivSound wrote:When I assign Notes to control a Multiparam via MIDI setup, the range I get over my keyboard is from -2.9% to 103.3%. Those seem to be out of scope values that I never can reach using the GUI. A bug?

I need to revisit this issue, today I assigned osc smoothness to a multiparameter (full 0%-100% range), then activated note control for this MP, and when hitting the lowest MIDI key my whole DAW crahsed. :neutral: When I assigned osc waveform to the MP, it didn't crash. So it seems there are parameters that make MPS crash when set out of bounds and others don't.
I know nobody uses the lowest MIDI key anyway, but there should be a parameter check preventing crashes.

Oh and one question: so you mentioned the notes are not transformed into percents by MIDI key number but by frequency? Maybe its safer to scale them by key number? Can you describe how exactly the transformation is currently done? I am looking for something like a key number -> percent formula.

Banks mode: Good point probably, the problem is, there's just no space :). I'll check...

Crash with MIDI notes - I'll check, a bug probably... I'll probably make it limited to 20Hz to 20kHz anyway, current situation is quite useless...
Anyway do you see the "Linear"/"Logarithmic'... These define how the MIDI note control will work. In logarithmic mode (default) it basically transforms key -> frequency in Hz and that frequency is then converted into logarithm and mapped between log(20) and log(20000). There's really not much information an end user could use :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Banks mode: Good point probably, the problem is, there's just no space :). I'll check...

Crash with MIDI notes - I'll check, a bug probably... I'll probably make it limited to 20Hz to 20kHz anyway, current situation is quite useless...
Anyway do you see the "Linear"/"Logarithmic'... These define how the MIDI note control will work. In logarithmic mode (default) it basically transforms key -> frequency in Hz and that frequency is then converted into logarithm and mapped between log(20) and log(20000). There's really not much information an end user could use :D.
Ah thanks.

An alternative to adding a new index column would be to link the left (parameters) and right (values) pane. Currently they have independent scaling and scrollbars, maybe the parameter list could be formatted in the same size as the right pane so that it directly functions as the index column?

Well, I'm afraid that's easier said than done :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi...

First off, I just want to say that while I haven't had a lot of time with Mpowersynth lately, I've been playing around with it this morning and it's absolutely beautiful sounding. It almost makes me not wish I had a Modulus .002. ;)

However... I feel I either found a bug or I'm not understanding the Morph function. First off, the help dialog tells me I'm supposed to see an x/y graph when I click that button... I do not. The button shows a "selected" state for a moment, the synth sound goes away while I hear some clicking and that's that. The button returns to it's idle state. This even happens if I cut and paste the same preset on all four of the presets selector (abcd) memories. Am I doing something wrong? I'm using the 32 bit version of the plug in within Live 9 32 bit (latest build) and the rest of my system is pretty garden variety stuff. Dell XPS desktop with an i7 running at 2.5 ghz and Windows 8 64 bit.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Thank you!
About the morphing - I'll check it out. I actually didn't try yet and note that this is like a really utility feature, which will morph only the automated parameters, which are still over 2000 :o, but there's like unlimited number of nonautomated, so... :)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Thank you!
About the morphing - I'll check it out. I actually didn't try yet...
Wait... you put a function in your software that you never tried? :help:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Hehe, it's in all of the effects ;). I tried, but I didn't check it much... I don't personally like this feature very much, randomizer is better. And this morphing will definitely take lots of CPU, with over 2000 parameters that's the way it needs to be...
Vojtech

Hi, I'm currently trialing MPowerSynth and really like it (I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing shortly). I just had a couple of questions:

- Is there a way to set the volume of each of the oscillators? I couldn't see a way to do so other than enabling each oscillator's individual ADSR envelope and changing the sustain level (but then you need to keep all the AD and R elements synchronised manually. I realise there's the blending levels for Oscillators 2 and 3, but there doesn't seem to be a simple Gain level for each oscillator (unless I've missed it!)

- I would REALLY like to see tempo sync'd ADSR envelopes added (and ideally tempo sync for the modulators too), even though I know this has been mentioned and rejected already. It is such a useful feature (especially for things like white noise risers, etc. where you wan the patch to evolve over 4 bars irrespective of tempo) so it would be great if this could be reconsidered in the future

- One thing that has hit me a few times is that I've clicked on one of the many randomise buttons by accident and it's taken me a while to work out why my sound has changed significantly - and then when you've realised what's caused it it's almost impossible to retrace your steps back to where you were as you don't know what changes were made throughout the interface. Although the randomise feature is obviously very useful, I don't think I'll personally be using it a lot, so it would be nice if there was an option to disable the feature entirely, or to provide a confirmation dialog (after all, it is a destructive action, but the feature to warn on destructive actions doesn't kick in for this). Ideally an Undo feature could be provided but I realise that would probably be a LOT of effort!

Many thanks

Hi ;).

- There is no oscillator volume, it uses Ratio instead ;). Let's say it's a more modern way to do that...

- ADSR sync - Actually it will be available in the forthcoming major update.

- There will be undo ;).
Vojtech

I know this may be a bit much but how about adding full wav table support and a spectral frequency editor? With Alchemy out of the market its yours at Alchemy's price point.

oravendi wrote:I know this may be a bit much but how about adding full wav table support and a spectral frequency editor? With Alchemy out of the market its yours at Alchemy's price point.
Oh yeah! +1

Hiy Melda Production:)

Separate oscillators as inputs for FX section... NOT APPROVED, secret reason ;)
Parallel filters... NOT APPROVED (too ineffective and probably not very useful)

Can´t believe that.

At least the second demand would be a real improvement.
Paralell filters. For the first two OSCs. Or for all.
Would widen the sound design field waste.
And I am missing a real nice and dreamy reverb like in DUNE2 or Syntmaster.
Would be so greate for pads and atmospheric sounds.
The currend verbs all sound to much like a big Tunnel of sheet metal to a more or less degree.
Just my op.
To bad for such a cool sounding synt.

Consider it please.

Cheers

Return to “MeldaProduction”