March 2015 update: ACE, Bazille & Zebra2 (rev 3437)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rustman wrote:
zvenx wrote:My work? :-)

you mean posting the link right?
Up to a few years ago at least, I think it was even Urs favourite Zebra skin :-)

rsp
Shhhh. You can take credit for the skin. I won't tell.

ok, maybe I just assumed. Thanks for your hard work on the link though. :hihi:
lol
you are most welcome.
rsp
sound sculptist

MFXxx wrote:Great to see the new directory structure, much better.

Got to ask one tiny silly question.

Why (and other devs are the same) not have simplified rev numbers that are easier to sequence (ie 0001,0002 or a1,a2,a9,b1,b10) just seems more coherent than the ie rev 3151,rev 3215 and so on? Just asking :)
The revision number reflects all changes that happened when a developer, writer or designer "commits" his work into a central repository. It reflects the current state of all work that has been done on all projects at a point of time. Whenever such a commit happens, the revision number goes up by 1 and a bunch of servers builds each plug-in on Windows, OS X and Linux. They then send an email to all of us so we can download and test the changes.

The revision number is most literally the best way for us to identify the actual state the whole codebase is in. It's displayed in the Ui and it's saved with preset. Often, when a user reports a problem we'll ask for a preset or a screenshot. In many cases we do this because we suspect that he uses an outdated version, and most oftenly we're right ("it's been fixed in the latest version"). We can also when a someone says "this worked in revison xxx but it doesn't work in revison zzz" simply compare the changes and easily identify what happened.

We also use the revision number to update old presets in case we change a feature or fix a bug that requires parameters to take different values than before.

In other words, while a "version number" is an arbitrary thing that we often enough change by mood of the moment, the revision number is an actual fact. It's the next best thing to sliced bread.
One more important question, where is VST3 development going or is this a Steinberg/3rd party issue?
VST3 dev is getting a bit closer. It's on the horizon somewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to write up the info,rev no#s for the pros and version no#s for consumers.

Looking forward to the horizon :)

I was perfectly happy with the Zebra gui, but then after I got ZebraHZ, regular Zebra looks dated.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Urs wrote: Yes. We've planned to do a final nice UI make over for Zebra2 before we concentrate on V3.
Wow, this news is so good, so I finally managed to register at KVR. :hihi:
Any tentative timeline for Zebra UI update?

Alex

alexpen wrote:Any tentative timeline for Zebra UI update?
We're hoping this year.

Urs wrote:
We're hoping this year.
Strange enough that GUI update, preset browsing redo and multicore (yes most Zebra 2 patches are light cpu-wise, but has anyone tried the pluginguru's toxic zebra bank?...yikes...that changes the picture) are what I think Zebra needs more than a complete redo (Z3)....... of course when the complete redo comes I will say, damn, this is what it always needed....lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
We're hoping this year.
Is there a chance for Zebra Redux UI to become an official skin? :?:

Would love to see ZebraHZ redux'd :)

2ZrgE wrote:
Urs wrote:
We're hoping this year.
Is there a chance for Zebra Redux UI to become an official skin? :?:
No, I don't think so.

Phew... I have tried to like redux several times, and I really don't get it at all.
Worse Zebra skin I have used/seen.
ymmv

rsp
sound sculptist

Worst skin? Most of the other skins I tested are just recolored Zebra standard skins (most of them even worse than the original), and the one really useful (Unempty) sadly isn't complete until today.

Redux is not just a skin, it's a GUI improvement with all new possibilities for working with Zebra.

I guess 1st price for ugliness is here:

the cable options in ACE and Bazille appear to be broken in the latest rev (win 8.1 64bit)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Zebra 2.7.1 (vst2, 32bit) is crashing Reaper 4.77 (32bit) when I try to add the Zebra2 plugin.

Zebra2 rev3304 working fine.

2ZrgE wrote:Worst skin? Most of the other skins I tested are just recolored Zebra standard skins (most of them even worse than the original), and the one really useful (Unempty) sadly isn't complete until today.

Redux is not just a skin, it's a GUI improvement with all new possibilities for working with Zebra.

I guess 1st price for ugliness is here:
Yes I agree with that.. except for me it isn't an improvement at all....its like a Picasso rendition of nature's human where he moves stuff around. :-)
anyway enough of the hijack.. glad it is available for those of you who want to use it.....

and damn that pink one is.........a skin that only their mother could love :-)

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”