Beat Machine by DopeVST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded BM CM version, a 1,1 GB file, I was amazed how much content they had put into.

But it turns out the same content is included four times over, twice for Mac/PC and twice for 32/64 bit :o

Glad I haven't got a limited download amount, as 850 MB of that download just goes in the trash as duplicate files :hihi:

The harsh critics of this VST instrument are not deserved and thank god the developer responded in a very kind and logical manner. The plugin could be called instant boom bap drum kits, it does what it says on the box very well and that's what's important. Congrats for the good reviews! :tu:

I just started the CM PC 64-bit version. Everything works fine.

A minor thing is that I only get reverb on the kick when I use the multiple output presets. I have enabled the outputs in my DAW, Cubase 8, but only the first output (with the kick) gets the reverb, the other outputs are "dry".

Did I make a mistake during installation?
Lil Borg

andlil wrote:I just started the CM PC 64-bit version. Everything works fine.

A minor thing is that I only get reverb on the kick when I use the multiple output presets. I have enabled the outputs in my DAW, Cubase 8, but only the first output (with the kick) gets the reverb, the other outputs are "dry".

Did I make a mistake during installation?
Weird, it must be a bug with the VSTi. Installation is fairly straightforward. I've tried the CM version myself and didn't had this problem.

Thanks for the answer, SampleScience.

Could it be something with 64-bit version?
My Win7 pro is 64-bit and my Cubase 8 is 64 bit.
But I do not think it is worth a try to use the 32-bit Beat Machine, the 32-bit plugins usually work much worse with Cubase Bridge, than the 64-bit plugins.
Lil Borg

andlil wrote:Thanks for the answer, SampleScience.

Could it be something with 64-bit version?
My Win7 pro is 64-bit and my Cubase 8 is 64 bit.
But I do not think it is worth a try to use the 32-bit Beat Machine, the 32-bit plugins usually work much worse with Cubase Bridge, than the 64-bit plugins.
It could be. I use the 32 bit version and it's all cool. The plugin has been reviewed by SoundsandGear.com and he didn't reported any bugs though. It could be a conflict with another plugin.

Yes, I guess it could be some interference with another plugin. But when I tested, I only had Cubases own plugins loaded, one reverb, one stereo delay, a couple of compressors.
But I guess I just have to live with it.
Thaks anyway.
Lil Borg

andlil wrote:Yes, I guess it could be some interference with another plugin. But when I tested, I only had Cubases own plugins loaded, one reverb, one stereo delay, a couple of compressors.
But I guess I just have to live with it.
Thaks anyway.
Sad to hear that! I have the plugin on multiple computers and it works fine on all of them.

Numanoid wrote:Just downloaded BM CM version, a 1,1 GB file, I was amazed how much content they had put into.

But it turns out the same content is included four times over, twice for Mac/PC and twice for 32/64 bit :o

Glad I haven't got a limited download amount, as 850 MB of that download just goes in the trash as duplicate files :hihi:
The CM edition is a cool lil freebie but it doesn't seem like they put much time into this for a commercial product, 200 drum samples shouldn't take up 400 mb of space(per version so 800 for 32 & 64 bit) they must have recorded the samples for one bar and not trimmed the silence or anything, I also noticed load times (even at the bloated size it should happen instantaneously)

The sounds themselves are pretty good and useable but not worth all the wasted HD space or good enough to go through the hassle to resample so I just uninstalled them
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

drunken jesus wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Just downloaded BM CM version, a 1,1 GB file, I was amazed how much content they had put into.

The CM edition is a cool lil freebie but it doesn't seem like they put much time into this for a commercial product, 200 drum samples shouldn't take up 400 mb of space(per version so 800 for 32 & 64 bit) they must have recorded the samples for one bar and not trimmed the silence or anything, I also noticed load times (even at the bloated size it should happen instantaneously)

The sounds themselves are pretty good and useable but not worth all the wasted HD space or good enough to go through the hassle to resample so I just uninstalled them
This is the problem when giving multiple version of the same plugin, especially when the plugin is a rompler! Do you think it would be better to give the choice to download the version of the plugin you want?

SampleScience wrote:This is the problem when giving multiple version of the same plugin, especially when the plugin is a rompler! Do you think it would be better to give the choice to download the version of the plugin you want?
Well that's only half the problem as I said the waves have to have a large amount of silence or something added to be so large, you could fairly easily make a multi-velocity layer/round robin full acoustic kit with 400 mb

Since it's likely the soundfiles are exactly the same while the plugin files are different I don't imagine it would be that difficult to only have 1 copy of them in the installer even if they had to be copied for each version that's how pretty much any multi-format soundware works
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

drunken jesus wrote:
SampleScience wrote:This is the problem when giving multiple version of the same plugin, especially when the plugin is a rompler! Do you think it would be better to give the choice to download the version of the plugin you want?
Well that's only half the problem as I said the waves have to have a large amount of silence or something added to be so large, you could fairly easily make a multi-velocity layer/round robin full acoustic kit with 400 mb

Since it's likely the soundfiles are exactly the same while the plugin files are different I don't imagine it would be that difficult to only have 1 copy of them in the installer even if they had to be copied for each version that's how pretty much any multi-format soundware works
Indeed, I think it would be possible to package correctly a Maize made rompler by separating the instruments files (the samples) from the various .dll & .au/.vst. An installer would do the trick like you said.

SampleScience wrote:
drunken jesus wrote:

Indeed, I think it would be possible to package correctly a Maize made rompler by separating the instruments files (the samples) from the various .dll & .au/.vst. An installer would do the trick like you said.
This is a great idea, we will definitely implement this for our next round of updates plus use this method with any new VST's we make. With regards to the size we have worked out it was the buttons that caused the large files sizes, we used far too high animation frames which loooked ultra smooth lol but made everything bigger, again this will be rectified for our new plug-ins.

Thanks for all the suggestions, forums like this are great for new developers.

Peace
DopeVST are now DopeSONIX

I have a room at my house that I use for making music , people that visit see it ( non music folks ) . I'm sure they see it as TOYS too, I've seen the looms, stares, .... A long story short , I'd never let the TOY comment bother you. My grandson told me I was a WEIRDO because the music room , then I played a song and he started hearing the singing and goes that's not you so , I got my guitar out and sang him the song , hilarious reactions . I think the DopeVST thing is funny , but at the same time if its a tool to help someone make music or art in an easier way I'm all for it . Hey , even EZdrummer looks like a TOY .

I own Beat Machine 1 & 2 and both expansions and I have to say that in 2020 the primary value of these plugins is the sounds. They are fantastic. The plugin itself is extremely limited and could be better in pretty much every way. I wish DopeSONIX would allow users access to the individual .wav files so we could build our own kits in a modern sampler. There are drum samplers that are either free or cost less than Beat Machine that are capable of so much more. I could be wrong that DopeSONIX is at the mercy of Maize's limitations, but that is my theory of why Beat Machine remains so rudimentary.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Return to “Instruments”