Help with finding Midi control/mapping software???

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm trying to solve a problem and need some suggestions.

I have a midi keyboard controller, with a heap of knobs and sliders, works great! I use Ableton and a collection of soft synths etc.

The problem is that each time I go from one instrument to another, I have no visibility of what each of the control knobs on keyboard are mapped to on the soft synth. Nor what the values are.

I am trying to improve my creative workflow and performance mode.

Basically I would like to map all my synths, and maybe macros in Ableton and have them stored, and ability to switch between quickly all within an application.

***also what would be a winner - is on screen and live updating of the CC values in numeric and graphical representation ***

Am I asking too much?

I am happy to build this myself, understanding to right platform or tools to use. Reaktor?? Max 4 live?

I have a software development bg so not worried if I need to get my fingers working.

Any thoughts or insights in to how anyone may be doing this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Shaun

This software is really good mapping your VST's to the controller and giving you visual feedback:

http://us.novationmusic.com/software/automap

Since you have some coding experience it probably won't take you much to build something similar to meet your needs.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hey thanks dsan,

That looks really good. I have an Edirol M-50 which I've had for some time, which is obviously not compatible. Now I just need to understand the effort involved in creating a more generic version of that versus a new keyboard that has mapping software come with it.

Really good example and base to go by.

cheers

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”