ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

valhallasound wrote:It is also worth noting that valhalladsp.com has moved over to a user account system. If you have purchased a plugin from Valhalla DSP in the past 4+ years, you should be able to log into the user account system with the email address used to purchase the plugin, request a new password (if using for the first time), and download the latest plugin installers and the keyfiles for your plugins. If your user account has any issues (i.e. missing licenses, you've switched emails, your plugins were transfers as opposed to new purchases), just send me an email and I'll get things sorted out for you.

Sean Costello
If we already have these latest betas that are now the GA release, do we need to login and re-download and install?

ImNotDedYet wrote:
valhallasound wrote:It is also worth noting that valhalladsp.com has moved over to a user account system. If you have purchased a plugin from Valhalla DSP in the past 4+ years, you should be able to log into the user account system with the email address used to purchase the plugin, request a new password (if using for the first time), and download the latest plugin installers and the keyfiles for your plugins. If your user account has any issues (i.e. missing licenses, you've switched emails, your plugins were transfers as opposed to new purchases), just send me an email and I'll get things sorted out for you.

Sean Costello
If we already have these latest betas that are now the GA release, do we need to login and re-download and install?
I would recommend using the latest release versions, as these will be more up to date as compared to the various betas.

For example, I fixed a bug right before releasing VVV 1.5.0. It turns out I was reusing one of the filters twice in the reverb structure. This was a simple copy & paste error, but fixing the bug makes 3 of the reverb modes (Smooth Room, Smooth Random, Nonlin) sound MUCH lusher, with wider stereo and longer decays. I don't think that the bug fix made it into any of the betas - just the release versions.

If you received the update mails near the end of December 2014 with the latest plugin versions, then you should be good to go. Future updates will go straight into the user accounts, versus being distributed by mass email.

Sean Costello

Glad to have this account system !! Thanks Sean. :)
By the way, any news concerning a future product from Valhalla DSP ?

I would easily expect from Sean some uncharted ways from him of using delay networks , like pitch transposers/harmonisers or comb filters and alike (Ohmygod, MFM2, Dronebox, Kaleïdoscope)

Something like the original Eventide Harmoniser is sorely lacking in VST space.

valhallasound wrote:Future updates will go straight into the user accounts, versus being distributed by mass email.

Sean Costello
Much better system Sean, thanks.

Still would like an email update notification, so I know to come get it. It's not practical to visit every developer's site whose stuff I have, daily, or weekly, or whatever, to see if by any chance any of them have updated anything I use. Doesn't need to actually include the file(s), just let me know it's up, then I can get it at my convenience.

@Dwozzle : yeah could be great to have a kind of newsletter to notifiy user about update
or new product.

I still would like to see a Valhalla Vecho delay/"V"intage echo plugin from Sean. Make the GUI simple to to use like his reverb plugins, with different modes that model vintage and modern echo/delay units and include a pitch/crystal/reverse/shimmer function/mode. Then the people on the fence about wanting the EchoGuy plugin will just buy this. Or the Strymon Timeline or TC Alter Ego hardware/pedal type delays.

Or like Krakatau said, get into the uncharted plugins area, and do a FBDN reso/comb/filter pitch/harmonising thing, much like the newer hardware pedals from Digitech and Electro Harmonix, Like Digitech's 12 polyphonic string effect, Droptune, Lux anti-chorus doubler, or Electro Harmonix's attempt at physical model instrument emulation like their Hammond organ C9/B9 pedals or the Ravi Sitarish pedal etc. Bet he could do a bad ass Leslie sim too, but it's got to have a cab/speaker model in the chain.

I often just use the FreqEcho plugin for simple delay without using the FreqShifter.

i made a new account and got the products not registered on my account :(
how can i register them?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:i made a new account and got the products not registered on my account :(
how can i register them?
I never got a notification but I was able to use the "Forgot Password" function on my paypal email to login and all my products are there.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Voice303 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:i made a new account and got the products not registered on my account :(
how can i register them?
I never got a notification but I was able to use the "Forgot Password" function on my paypal email to login and all my products are there.
I've put some info on the User Accounts system into the FAQ:

https://valhalladsp.com/faq/#UserAccounts

If you purchased licenses 2nd hand, they won't be in the user accounts system by default. The user accounts are based on licenses purchased through Valhalla DSP, either through the older PayPal system, or through the current web solution (which went live December 22nd 2014).

For people that have a combination of 2nd hand licenses and licenses purchased directly through Valhalla DSP, just send me an email with your identifying information (name, email address associated with your account, what licenses were purchased 2nd hand, any other information that helps me to track down the transfers) and I will add your licenses to your user account. If you only purchased 2nd hand licenses, you need to create a user account yourself, and send me an email when this is done with the above identifying information.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
https://valhalladsp.com/faq/#UserAccounts

If you purchased licenses 2nd hand, they won't be in the user accounts system by default. The user accounts are based on licenses purchased through Valhalla DSP, either through the older PayPal system, or through the current web solution (which went live December 22nd 2014).

For people that have a combination of 2nd hand licenses and licenses purchased directly through Valhalla DSP, just send me an email with your identifying information (name, email address associated with your account, what licenses were purchased 2nd hand, any other information that helps me to track down the transfers) and I will add your licenses to your user account. If you only purchased 2nd hand licenses, you need to create a user account yourself, and send me an email when this is done with the above identifying information.

Sean Costello
Not exactly the case but my first purchase (valhallashimmer) was made indirectly by the head of Dbu (Johnathan Gibson) at the last quarter of 2010

I just sent a message through your contact board for more detail

Alexandre Borcic

Nice mention of VintageVerb in this interview with Greg Kurstin, about the making of the latest Adele record:

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/in-acti ... tin-adele/

Also: Last time they asked, on Gear----z, what the best reverb plugin was, VVV (Valhalla Vintage Verb) won by a large margin. Indeed, the poll ended up getting deleted, probably because it made VVV’s competitors jealous, but there’s an archived copy: https://archive.is/H7B7c

Personally, I would like to get a download of the final 1.5.0 beta (I have the post-beta final 1.5 release); the “Smooth Room”, “Smooth Random”, and “nonlinear” algorithms had a different character because of a copy and paste bug Sean made in the beta.

Also, a question: Is “Sanctuary” the only mono-input algorithm in VVV?
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

caulixtla wrote:Also: Last time they asked, on Gear----z, what the best reverb plugin was, VVV (Valhalla Vintage Verb) won by a large margin. Indeed, the poll ended up getting deleted, probably because it made VVV’s competitors jealous, but there’s an archived copy: https://archive.is/H7B7c
I think all the sticky polls got deleted, but there is a new category on GS for "Top Ten," so the results might show up there.
Personally, I would like to get a download of the final 1.5.0 beta (I have the post-beta final 1.5 release); the “Smooth Room”, “Smooth Random”, and “nonlinear” algorithms had a different character because of a copy and paste bug Sean made in the beta.
This wasn't a GOOD character. It would have resulted in too short of decays for these modes, as well as ugly colorations. I basically used the same filter twice in the reverb loop, which is a no-no.
Also, a question: Is “Sanctuary” the only mono-input algorithm in VVV?
Yep. The rest are stereo-in, stereo-out.

Sean Costello

Return to “Effects”