do you use the drop on every synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

But don't you need the "perfect" input, i.e. waveforms, as well? And if you do, it is probably from a quality synth, which, however, is very likely to have quality filters itself.

Sure, trolls who think they own this forum only add to my motivation to say what I use and like, every time I feel its good :hihi: :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Vectorman wrote:Just because another filter plugin offers a ladder filter model or an SH filter model or whatever doesn't mean they're interchangeable or of the same quality..... .
Sure. But nobody said they were interchangeable, nor that they offer ladder filter or SH filters so ...
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Have The Drop, though I use WOW 2 more. It just has so much "character." And like Sugar Bytes says on its product page "Modulation is Power. Power is Sex." Who can refuse a filter with that description. :D

The title indicates a new one-drop rule :roll:

I use it on everything, literally. Not all the time, but in certain cases, it's exactly what I want. The bite and squelch can turn boring pads into rhythmic monsters, for example. Whether it's adding subtle movement to instruments, taming certain frequencies, or sometimes even adding just a bit of quality distortion to fatten things up... The Drop is my go-to, next to Wow2, which has its unique flavour and its wonderful mod system.

Drop is really the best analogue filter model to date, and that's not debatable. :D :D :D It took years for Andy to perfect it!
That's not to say that somebody can't surpass it, but it will take tremendous effort from the developer
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

if I got a synth sound just right and I want to add more too it without messing with the settings I add The Drop on so I can fiddle more.

Sorry for pulling this thread out of its grave but thought it'd suit to the immense "WOW-factor" when using it inside VAZ Modular (you know: VM can host VST-plugins). :love:

Return to “Instruments”