Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I like the improvements on the GUI, I preferred how the volume meter like it was before, especially when it hit red when it was too loud.

I also want to take a moment to thank u-he once more for Hive. Hive is literally the best synth I've ever heard, hardware or software. The richness of Diva's filters but in a fresh modern package as opposed to vintage and fat, and a Sylenth-simplicity that actually lets me get work done as opposed to (unfortunately) being overwhelmed by features like Zebra2. While I'd love for all sorts of new features like FM, Sync, Ring-mod, etc, I already love what you guys have made here.
Last edited by Shiek927 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chrome is telling me it's harmful and wont let me download. Any suggestions? Firefox maybe?

FWIW, I like the new skin (not that I had an issue with the old skin; it was very cool as well). Either works, this one has a slightly harder feel to me, kind of "borg-ish". And thanks so much for the extension. That is very kind of you. :borg:
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

r_hall wrote:Chrome is telling me it's harmful and wont let me download. Any suggestions? Firefox maybe?
some bright spark at google decided having a drop down option on that warning to allow it was 'too risky' - but if you click on the 'show all downloads' option right side of the download bar you'll see on the all downloads screen there's an option under the file to ignore the warning

must say, google's heuristics are even wonkier than Norton's dread 'download intelligence'

I prefer the older look but this looks and sounds great. God I hope that WIP is wavetables. Link still doesn't seem to work with hardware assigned knobs.

jdnz wrote:
r_hall wrote:Chrome is telling me it's harmful and wont let me download. Any suggestions? Firefox maybe?
some bright spark at google decided having a drop down option on that warning to allow it was 'too risky' - but if you click on the 'show all downloads' option right side of the download bar you'll see on the all downloads screen there's an option under the file to ignore the warning

must say, google's heuristics are even wonkier than Norton's dread 'download intelligence'
Thanx

Knobs were clear before, noy they have too much 3d and doesnt seem as nice as before for me. Its nice to see its finally coming out. Congrats to the team.
dedication to flying

When does Hive intro price end? I'd like to get it before it ends...

AB69 wrote:When does Hive intro price end? I'd like to get it before it ends...
Presumably for another month until the beta ends and it's officially released :)

Please add lowcut on distortion :( :( It would make it possible making more distorted basses without loosing lowend
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ronnyrydgren wrote:Please add lowcut on distortion :( :( It would make it possible making more distorted basses without loosing lowend
1) Guessing you didn't mean "lowcut"!
2) Try adjusting Tone and maybe Mix more 'surgically'.
3) Use EQ.

Would love more prog rock sounds and less digital noise.

Several of my presets are Prog-rock oriented/inspired. Mostly sub-genre "Canterbury Scene", though... ;-)

How to bug report?

Howard wrote:Several of my presets are Prog-rock oriented/inspired. Mostly sub-genre "Canterbury Scene", though... ;-)
Any inspired by Mike Ratledge ? :)

Best,

dp

Return to “u-he”