Another warez user featured in an FM video?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote:
andrew71 wrote:Idly watching the FM video of Kill Frenzy....
Never heard of him/her/them
Dont read the mag

Conclusion: dont care.
All of the above and I don't own or use sylenth or even intend to.

Still, I care a small amount. Scumbagz is gonna scumbag I guess. :shrug:

Passing Bye wrote:
UncleAge wrote:My issue is with FM. This is not their first time doing this. By their actions they have shown where they stand on this issue.
What exactly is your issue?

Why they didn't ensure there's no possibility anyone would notice that there's cracked instance opened and why they didn't left that out?

Is that your issue?

Why they don't let big shots get away with it?
Whoever shot the video knew that this person was using cracked plugins. Whoever edited the video knows this person uses cracked plugins. At some point in the chain of decision makers I would expect someone to make the responsible decision to stop promoting artists who insist on using pirated software. I also think there is an ethical issue involved in taking money from the developers for advertising and at the same time promoting the use of pirated software.

So if I hadn't made it clear enough yet, my issue is with companies in FM's line of work promoting pirated software. That's my position. I could care less about the artist's choices. I don't know him and I don't listen to his stuff.

Yeah well, Team AiR made Sylenth popular; it was good advertisement. For Sylenth.. that is.

I think it's not a problem for those artists to became popular thanks to people which illegally download their music then...

I guess so; if people wouldn't listen to all this crap we wouldn't be writing here.

Arcane Master wrote:I find it really hard to believe that someone who makes/has a ton of money would not buy the software they use. .
And yet its well-known that it happens. Funny, that.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

She Changed Her Mind wrote:Yeah well, Team AiR made Sylenth popular; it was good advertisement. For Sylenth.. that is.

You probably believe that don't you.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Arcane Master wrote:I find it really hard to believe that someone who makes/has a ton of money would not buy the software they use. .
For some people it's simply considered normal. Whether they make money or not. My brother makes a ton of money and he still downloads his mp3's from pirate sites. I presume it's the same for these producers and DJs. They often think the world evolves around them anyway and they should be entitled to get everything for free due to their enormous talent.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
For some people it's simply considered normal. Whether they make money or not. My brother makes a ton of money and he still downloads his mp3's from pirate sites. I presume it's the same for these producers and DJs. They often think the world evolves around them anyway and they should be entitled to get everything for free due to their enormous talent.
And let's not forget the hard economic choices these people have to make just to get through the day - plugins or more hookers and blow? Tough one!

aMUSEd wrote:
spaceman wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
And let's not forget the hard economic choices these people have to make just to get through the day - plugins or more hookers and blow? Tough one!
All of the above, maybe? :hihi:

For some, it's all in a days work...cleaning virii off their computers, fighting with their feelings of entitlement, snorting blow off a hookers butt. :lol: :lol: :dog: :help:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

We're pulling the plug on advertisement in FM unless this mess is cleared up in a satisfactory way.

Now this is getting interesting...

U-HE is not a small player in the audio market anymore. I think this will make some waves, and waves can quickly turn into tsunami's...
Last edited by Compyfox on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Urs wrote:We're pulling the plug on advertisement in FM unless this mess is cleared up in a satisfactory way.
Right on!!!!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

They are just too lazy. I put a spell on them, remember? :wink:

Do you think these magazines will drop someone they've contracted with for magazine content just because the person is seen to be using warez? They break the contract? They still have to pay out and not have the content for that issue? How does that work exactly? Are they to place in their contracts terms that say the guest may not use pirated software and risks losing their paycheck if such is discovered in the video production process?

What's the solution here? Because as of now, it seems to be considered somewhat like how pot is treated in areas that it's still illegal: out in the open in the media, flaunting illegality, and no one cares. Either the people are in the wrong or the law is.

Personally, I find it a wee bit offensive to promote someone actively making money via their use of pirated software. Not making money, I'd have less complaint to make against them (and be less irked by yet another "DJ turned producer" scenario). But if you get compensation for your product, you should damn well be compensating the makers of your tools (at least those that are not freeware).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”