Any love for Electra 2 around here???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is
"The new sound mode 'scientific' turns Electra2 into a precise signal generator"

It is a setting in the settings in the sound mode part but the manual doesn't mention it. What exactly does it do? Seems to suggest some sort of harmonic synth but I am lost on what it does.
V2.1

Don't know if this is a bug but seems like in the arp section
If I put an E on the last note velocity then the arp doesn't stop, I am in trigger mode and the E is supposed to stop the arp - single shot mode.
If I put the E on the second but last note velocity it seems to stop.
Please pass on to programmers.
V2.1.

How would you guys compare Electra 2 to Dune 2...?

HcDoom wrote:How would you guys compare Electra 2 to Dune 2...?
This is just my opinion. Own them both.

Electra 2 - More plastic sounding. IMO, wider range of sounds because of more samples and synth engines. Programming complexity, moderate.

Dune 2 - Warmer and richer sounding. Less variety in sounds. Programming complexity, easy but can be tedious because of ability to program per voice.

There is no question that there is a big difference in timber between the two, not to say that one is better than the other. Just different.

I would hate to have to part with either of them. Overall, I rate them very close to each other on the 1-5 scale. Which one I use at any given time will depend on what sound I'm going for. They are not interchangeable synths, IMO.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

jk-cream2 wrote:Don't know if this is a bug but seems like in the arp section
If I put an E on the last note velocity then the arp doesn't stop, I am in trigger mode and the E is supposed to stop the arp - single shot mode.
If I put the E on the second but last note velocity it seems to stop.
Please pass on to programmers.
V2.1.
I posted this on their forum, they'll probably look into it http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2289.0

Ok, just tried the demo of Electra...some nice sounds, but all sound a bit thin, not bad, but not warm either. Than I tried to recreat hypersaw from Virus...and when I quickly made a riff or pressed same note several times in a row, it feels like I am looping same sample all the time. Hm...Dune and Sylenth sound a bit more organic in this part. Hard to explain...Anyway, good synth, I believe you can make any type of music with it.

A little trick for those of you who feel this synth, or any other one, has a plastic-like or harsh sound: try putting this VST effect after it http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=430467 it can change the sound beautifully (great for electric guitars, vocals etc, too). It might remove what prevents you from appreciating the beauty of these synths :)

Anyone care to do a little sound demo for the new oscillator types (especially the Virus type ones), or just for what he did with this synth? I'm not really interested in purchasing it (a bit out of my budget anyway...), but would love to hear what some people here do with it. :) Especially as the sound demos on the Tone2 websites are, as usual, uber cheesy. Don't know, but i literally just get put off by the demos they put up there. I'm sure their synths can sound so much better than that.

chk071 wrote:Anyone care to do a little sound demo for the new oscillator types (especially the Virus type ones), or just for what he did with this synth? I'm not really interested in purchasing it (a bit out of my budget anyway...), but would love to hear what some people here do with it. :) Especially as the sound demos on the Tone2 websites are, as usual, uber cheesy. Don't know, but i literally just get put off by the demos they put up there. I'm sure their synths can sound so much better than that.
I'm keen on doing some patches for Electra2, so there will be demos (and raw demos) but not for a little while yet.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Nice, looking forward to that. :)

chk071 wrote:Nice, looking forward to that. :)
On Electra2 you can make a patch, assign your modulations etc, then just copy across all 4 layers with pan and detune (three detune intensity options). There is also a multi-layer edit more which is really handy.

So far I hear occasional phase clashes, but maybe I'll learn some things to minimize that. The VirusTI is so smooth, unison just sounds natural with no fighting or clashes. That's my experience anyway. Another thing I like on the Tone2 is the various tunings and Loudness modes.

Ok! So this example is the Hypersaw 7x. Spread over 4 layers with light detune and some high end boost from Electra2's EQ.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/tone2- ... 2-virus-x7

Reverb is Ubermod, Delay is Replika. I can do some dry ones too.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Sounds great. :) Nice envelopes too as it seems.

chk071 wrote:Sounds great. :) Nice envelopes too as it seems.
Yes, adjustable curve shape.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Something similar with JP super saw emulation!

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/tone2-electra2-jp-saws
Aiynzahev-sounds

And another! No emulations, just a noisy square sound which is ace IMO. Loving how punchy Electra2 is. Delay is NI Replika.

http://soundcloud.com/aiyn-zahev/tone2-electra2-asot
Aiynzahev-sounds

Return to “Instruments”