2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Take a hike you b******d :D

Double

Any detailed tutorials on this? cant find any on YouTube.

bundoo wrote:Any detailed tutorials on this? cant find any on YouTube.

Hi not yet. We are working on a 1.1 version with some exciting new features and additional optimizations. I want to wait to use the 1.1 version to make th videos.

Btw I was in Barcelona this past week. Such amazing art and architecture there! Would be really cool to study all the various design motifs from gothic architecture etc and use them as image material with KS!! I'll try it myself but if anyone beats me to it go for it! Seems a very fertile area to explore. Lots of iterative themes in these kind of work that would seem to have some kind of musical significance.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your cooking up. I've been playing with stock photos lately that have repeating elements to them, like scaffolding or peacock feathers, ferns. I like the organic theme and likewise, have no access on windows to Artmatic.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Sampleconstruct wrote:After 8 hours of migrating and installing things to my new 12 - core Mac Pro, I just ran a first test in Logic 10 at a 256 buffer and 6 Kaleidoscopes plus plenty of other instruments and FX were happily making music together without a single hickup. Haven't installed the 32" 4k monitor yet, but expect some spectacular videos soon. Things look great on the 27" thunderbolt too...what a quantum leap. :party: :party: :help:
Oh Oh, now there is going to be a Sonic Bomb explosion, keep a safe distance boys! Helmets On down with the visors ear protectors...
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

It was about time for another KaleidoJam, so here is a little on-the-fly-impro processing one of my Tremor Beats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMD36wALgFw

After sampling various singing bowl all through the night for making multisampled instruments, I needed a jam:

Processing an improvisation played on 4 singing bowls with 2 instances of Kaleidoscope using custom images and tuning files, also adding the improv wav file in Kontakt 5 and transposing it down 1 and 2 octaves. Other FX used are ProQ2s on the KS returns (for reducing some of the resonances), B2, Replika (delay) and some saturators (Saturn/SoundToys->Decapaci...whatever it's called). As usual there are some glitches and overloads, but hey, it's all live on video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mETbZyHKmRE

I've been trying the demo.
My experience was lots of pops and clicks even when buffer size matched 1024. Also was disappointed not to be able to adjust the picture area more easily...a la meta synth...The red dot things were a bit cryptic...I know it's just a different beast but ease of use and clarity of operation are key...will look forward to 1.1 changes...seeing that Simon has done a zillion jam videos why not knock up a tutorial one of these nights?
Last edited by bundoo on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

bundoo wrote:I've been trying the demo.
My experience was lots of pops and clicks even when buffer size matched. Also was disappointed not to be able to adjust the picture area more easily...a la meta synth...The red dot things were a bit cryptic...I know it's just a different beast but ease of use and clarity of operation are key...will look forward to 1.1 changes...seeing that Simon has done a zillion jam videos why not knock up a tutorial one of these nights?
Because I will leave that job to Andrew who has announced it over and over again and will eventually do it. KS is his baby, so he is the one most qualified to do a tutorial on it. If he hasn't done so in 2 months from now, I´ll chime in with one, that's a promise.

bundoo wrote:I've been trying the demo.
My experience was lots of pops and clicks even when buffer size matched. Also was disappointed not to be able to adjust the picture area more easily...a la meta synth...The red dot things were a bit cryptic...I know it's just a different beast but ease of use and clarity of operation are key...will look forward to 1.1 changes...seeing that Simon has done a zillion jam videos why not knock up a tutorial one of these nights?
After listening to Simon's soundset demos I really wanted to love this, but even with the latest build I'm still getting lots of pops even if I set the max number to the lowest setting. My machine isn't the best... but it's no slouch. I'm running a Windows 64 bit version of 8 on an i7 quad core at 2.5 ghz. I will say that I'm running a 32 bit version of Live though and I have to keep my buffer at 128 at the most because latency above that bugs me when I'm playin guitar. Is that the key to geting it to work? High buffer settings?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yes. Try 1024 on both.

Sampleconstruct wrote:It was about time for another KaleidoJam, so here is a little on-the-fly-impro processing one of my Tremor Beats:
Very cool Simon.
I really like from about 4:00 on, thanks for that.

Even at 720p HD in full screen mode I can't read the text on Logic.
So I can't tell what is going where.

What is UberMod doing?
Is it across everything or a track (or two) in particular ?

cheers

Beatworld wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:It was about time for another KaleidoJam, so here is a little on-the-fly-impro processing one of my Tremor Beats:
Very cool Simon.
I really like from about 4:00 on, thanks for that.

Even at 720p HD in full screen mode I can't read the text on Logic.
So I can't tell what is going where.

What is UberMod doing?
Is it across everything or a track (or two) in particular ?

cheers
It's a full screencast of my new 32"-Retina monitor, so the text is small to read. ÜberMod is not doing anything here (the Bus is labelled wrongly, as that is one of my templates), there is some Replika delay post the SoundToys saturator which processes one of the KS instances on an extra Bus.

lnikj wrote:Yes. Try 1024 on both.
Even both at 256 should be fine. In many cases the best result is when the KS size and the the host size are the same. 256 or higher is ideal.

Return to “Effects”