Paypal alternatives?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

US also has to pay VAT but only if importing from EU. It's a mess really. I'd say, let us pay 20% even 30%, but make it simple... This year it's a madness... Our accounting company already hates us :D and thinking that we would have to send them all the paperwork, do all the transactions and they would have to process it somehow every month, brrr...

VAT is basically just another way to increase the taxes and make it less transparent, so it would be harder to go around... But I wouldn't actually be looking for "going around" if it wasn't that complicated...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Tis doubtful many folk like paying tax, or spending much time doing accounting and paperwork.

In economic theory, vat tax makes some sense, if there is to be any tax at all. In theory it spreads the load fairly, each stage in a production chain only paying tax on the value added at that step in the chain. Avoiding short production chains getting under-taxed and long production chains getting over-taxed or whatever. Avoiding double or triple taxation on some items or whatever.

But it would only show those advantages if it is the ONLY tax in the system. Adding vat on top of income taxes, property taxes, utility taxes, sales taxes, right-to-breathe-air taxes, etc, makes a vat just another heavy burden to bear.

MeldaProduction wrote:VAT being "added tax" is unique to EU and Canada as far as I know.
Most countries have VAT on sales of goods and services. The only big country that does not have VAT is the US.

JCJR: Interesting, didn't know that! Anyway as you said, these hybrid combinations are just way for the government to steal more :).

eidenk: True, didn't know that either! But in most countries it's a local tax. EU forces nonEU countries to use it to, not mentioning the mess between the countries in EU. Anyway when your taxes reach 45%, then I think it's a big exclamation mark, that something isn't right :o :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:US also has to pay VAT but only if importing from EU.
MeldaProduction wrote:EU forces nonEU countries to use it to
THIS IS NOT CORRECT!

Neither the non-EU customer nor the EU business has to pay VAT for this transaction. I really wish people would look this up, it's not that difficult.

I do a lot of cross-border international business (dealing with import and export of highly regulated goods) and it's a huge pain when people don't understand how their own laws work. :dog:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/va ... dex_en.htm
If you sell goods to customers outside the EU, you do not charge VAT
If you sell goods to another business and these goods are sent to another EU country, you do not charge VAT

Please tell me you haven't been charging/paying VAT for non-EU transactions. That would be really unfortunate.

edit: Well... I'll just not go there.

JCJR wrote:vat on top of income taxes
Are you sure? ;)

MeldaProduction wrote:Currently if we stay based in Czech republic we will end up paying close to 45% on taxes
Do they want to gold-plate Prague Castle? :o

I'm still using Paypal to pay most things just because I've got an account there but if there's something better in a few years, I might change...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
MeldaProduction wrote:Currently if we stay based in Czech republic we will end up paying close to 45% on taxes
Do they want to gold-plate Prague Castle? :o
No really. It just means that Vojtech earns a shitload of money while having minimal expenses... ;)

elassi wrote:
JCJR wrote:vat on top of income taxes
Are you sure? ;)
Am not absolutely certain about hardly anything. :)

Do some governments replace all other taxes with a unified VAT?

In USA there have been decades-long minority clamor to replace all fed taxes with a national sales tax or national VAT, but the only times the politicians have seriously suggested fed sales tax or VAT, it was suggested as "in addition to" all the current taxes, rather "in replacement of" all the other taxes.

The exact method of extracting blood from turnips probably matters little. One way or the other politicians must acquire large sums of money to mismanage. Most likely the gov will be mismanaged about the same regardless whether the money comes from income tax, sales tax, property tax, or inflation caused by over-printing of fiat currency.
Last edited by JCJR on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

there is also infrastructure that can be used, wich has to be financed in a way. The only problem i do have with tax is that it gets wasted and spent for stupid stuff. I would appreciate a law that punishes budget embezzlement.

JCJR wrote:Do some governments replace all other taxes with a unified VAT?
They do not, for good reason. ;)

And I'm not wondering why you refrained from answering the initial question.

But let us stop this debate because it belongs to another forum - and most likely not to KVR at all.

elassi wrote:
JCJR wrote:Do some governments replace all other taxes with a unified VAT?
They do not, for good reason. ;)

And I'm not wondering why you refrained from answering the initial question.

But let us stop this debate because it belongs to another forum - and most likely not to KVR at all.
Thanks Elassi for the profound ideas. I'm so ignorant that I didn't even know that we were debating! :)

JCJR wrote:I didn't even know that we were debating! :)
That's a known problem of ideologists. :D

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”