mux for mac please?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PS: And it's not that there are no promo videos about MuLab, see https://www.youtube.com/user/MUTOOLS

give the man the man a break hes doing his best and for wot i can see hes doing a fantastic job and something your sounding a bit rude so stop it and by the way sure mulab has a modular and if you were too have a look around this forum you will see wot it can do

Not wanting to stir things up any further but just asking the question, solipsvs, why is this subject so important to you ? not that there is anything wrong with wanting to push Mulab/Mux into the limelight.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

solipsvs wrote:no its a cover version so no permission needed. ok youll pay me to do it? :tu:
Thank you for the laugh. I know several lawyers who own yachts based on the proceeds of your premise. If you perform a copyrighted work that you, yourself, did not create, you are liable for any and all proceeds the holder might have lost due to your "version." - For the most part, individuals with few assets aren't worth the time or expense of collection, and established companies are sent cease and desist letters daily for these types of infractions, and while you might think you're above the law, or it doesn't count because "other people are doing it" or "I didn't know it was wrong" - It's far more likely for copyright holders to make examples out of people who say things like "no permission needed."

I, for one, am waiting as patiently as possible for the Mac version of Mux...

mutools wrote:Oh, ok. Well they have a big budget to spend and a team of people to make videos, do support, do website etc. I'm still an indie developer without the resources to make a video like that or like other goodlooking product videos i saw the last years. Videos that are backed up by a big corporate website etc. It's not about the video alone, it's about the whole package. Again: It's a chicken and the egg problem. Almost no resources = almost no promo = slow growth to a bigger public = almost no resources. Currently i'm focusing on improving the MuTools products themselves, and meanwhile i do small promo campaigns within my budget. Currently for example: http://www.theequalground.com/
Anyway, as already said several times: I agree with your point of the importance of promo. Doing my best with the resources i have.
fine. i guess tho that you can emulate what they do even partially and see some results. thats what i do in my business and it seems to work. an even bigger point here might be how much it seems to be worth the money and effort. if you were to raise the price of your product and make more effort on promotion, your sales and therefore budget for ads go up. you move into a better position. if youre always focused on the code then youll never get where you want to be wrt sales. but whatever, you need to want to go down that road bad enough to risk being uncomfortable for a while.

hueynym wrote:
solipsvs wrote:no its a cover version so no permission needed. ok youll pay me to do it? :tu:
Thank you for the laugh. I know several lawyers who own yachts based on the proceeds of your premise. If you perform a copyrighted work that you, yourself, did not create, you are liable for any and all proceeds the holder might have lost due to your "version." - For the most part, individuals with few assets aren't worth the time or expense of collection, and established companies are sent cease and desist letters daily for these types of infractions, and while you might think you're above the law, or it doesn't count because "other people are doing it" or "I didn't know it was wrong" - It's far more likely for copyright holders to make examples out of people who say things like "no permission needed."

I, for one, am waiting as patiently as possible for the Mac version of Mux...
a youtube vid does not make money and is not backed by mutools. dont be an idiot.

solipsvs dont be calling any one a idiot cheeky to jo and now hyeynym if your going to talk to people like that dont be here :x

solipsvs wrote: a product like FLS does not promote as much given its underground popularity with the hip hoppers and junglists. im positive they dont sell nearly as much as products with promotional campaigns such as ableton live or NI stuff. i get an email from NI almost every day, if not every other day>>very annoying but very effective.
That products became popular from piracy and EDM idols using them, that's it, cracks and stars and sometimes stars using cracks, you are missing crucial thing in all of it and that's who actually use it and why they use it, newcomers use whatever their idols use and many just use warez, FL, Live, Massive, Sylenth....
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

well said zexila

runaudio wrote:well said zexila
Thanks man :wink:

But really, we all have marketing ideas and good grasp about biz, being customers or sellers, by now this marketing 101 is pretty transparent and most things that could be done, so don't see the point to bother developer about it.

There's people that only see game of profits, glory and chasing, that people even on top of their game feel miserable.

"So, you are making music,why aren't you rich and famous, I'll tell you why, you don't have ambitions, you need to..."

Not everyone is in for same cause, not everything is about same thing, not every road leads there, not everyone have price tag on him or everything is about money.

This world is full of people just chasing carrots and thinking that's only way, feeling miserable about same road and themselves, money is good they say, but you aren't....

So solipsvs, developer will do whatever he feels that is worth his time and vision, giving him more pressure and stuff to read&deal with is not helping or expecting answers, results, attention, little needy and too strong, quite frankly inconsiderate and rude, really, you walked in here and started giving him Ted talk, poking reactions with some questions, than you went even stronger on your case like is your right to do so, calling people names by the end, take it down a notch, it's getting little too much. :wink:
Last edited by Zexila on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

i dont think i need say more zexila has said it all

runaudio wrote:i dont think i need say more zexila has said it all
I took it down a notch too in my edit, hope this can end here :?

yeah me too

solipsvs wrote: a youtube vid does not make money and is not backed by mutools. dont be an idiot.
This just proves how ignorant you are regarding copyright infringement and the use of the "Standard YouTube License" IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT DOESN'T MAKE MONEY. And since Mutools aren't the ones uploading a "Britney Spears Cover" they wouldn't be liable for it, either. The person uploading would be.

I truly hope you find some happiness somewhere (somewhere else, preferably - PLEASE go troll FruityLoops).

It's really not difficult to politely ask the software makers of a good product to make a version of software that runs on your preferred OS. It goes something like this:

"Hey MuTools, You make great software, I'm really looking forward to using a Mac version of Mux when you have the time to build one."

See, not difficult.

Or just go play with FruityLoops.

piss off ya wankers, the lot of ya. go on and toil for nothing, i dont care, you like to live without money, be my guest.

btw i said DONT be an idiot. but you ARE all idiots to even pretend to know anything about me.

i dont particularly care about what any of you think, its not even a conversation between you and anybody. i know that emulating successful plans gets results. i dont need anybody to tell me it doesnt work that way.

if anyone thinks a youtube vid of a cover of any song would get shut down, youre crazy. it would not. please search for crockets theme and then report back. there is nothing morally wrong with making a cover of a song.

if you have a better promotional idea then lets have it. dont whine about a dissenting viewpoint when you aint got shit better. isnt jo always citing a lack of budget as a limiting factor in a mac version of mux? sounds like a need that i see a logical answer for, and this is coming from a guy who uses the same thinking to make a profit daily. so why shouldnt i share what i know works?

i think lack of budget is given as an offhanded excuse, and this apparent inability to make a profit agenda work is more like a cop out than a legitimate limitation. examining the intricacies of a situation and suggesting a plan of attack exposes the frailty of excuses that are offered as reasons why it cant work. excuses are why things dont work. any whole hearted effort can only show results. you may need to learn by trial and error, nothing will be perfect, but results are a sure thing.

if you got something against money, this information will not make sense to you. you see a conflict of interest with your own paradigm. fine with me. i see a guy who doesnt seem to believe it could work. i was asked to offer suggestions. i feel it was a rhetorical question but i tend to answer those questions anyway. i mean, lets get down to brass tacks here. i dont say one thing and do another.

if you dont like my way of doing things, then like i said, piss off. then you wont be butthurt by what i say. your opinions dont matter to my convictions.

Return to “MUTOOLS”