Tone 2 - Saurus 2 is available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Numanoid wrote:
KingTuck wrote:It's just a stupid demo restriction design. I'm not exactly gonna sweat it much, mate.
Yah, all demo resctrictions stupid

Would be much better if it just was handed to us free :P
Don't be silly, you know that's not what I said. I said this design is stupid. It is. Better restrictions can be seen in u-he stuff or XILS Lab stuff (minus miniSynx). Or even just the ElectraX demo.

KingTuck wrote:Better restrictions can be seen in u-he stuff
You mean that the synth steadily goes out of tune, yeah that is of great help when spending a couple of hours building the perfect patch :shrug:

Numanoid wrote:You mean that the synth steadily goes out of tune, yeah that is of great help when spending a couple of hours building the perfect patch :shrug:
That was a behaviour of bad crack not an official demo restriction just sayin'.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KingTuck wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
KingTuck wrote:When the limit was up and the 'Buy It!" pop up came up it fully froze my DAW until I clicked Yes or No. Now that sounds more like the Tone2 I know. Oh Markus, paranoid paranoid Markus.
Aren't you going a bit over the top, if you aint gonna buy it, click "No" and get on with your life.

If you think Tone 2 Markus has got something personal against your DAW, I know who I would think is paranoid.
What are you on about? Of course Markus has nothing against my DAW. The recent demo for ElectraX allowed you to keep programming the synth even after the "Buy It" box came up. This means you can actually make a patch in the demo without worrying about the time limit. Since there is no patch saving in the demos, it's essential that you have more than 20 minutes to program and listen to the f**king thing. The 20 minute time limit in Saurus 2 brings up a dialogue box that will freeze anyone's host until closed. The only way it won't is if you run all your plugins bridged. If the plugin is hosted inside the main DAW executable file (the way it is in almost all DAWs), it won't allow focus on any other GUI element.

It's just a stupid demo restriction design. I'm not exactly gonna sweat it much, mate.
Apostate wrote: maybe if there were more wave options, for both the LFO and OSC. That's the wall I kept hitting.
With the PWM working on all waveforms (think of the wave mod in the Moog OSC module in Diva, works somewhat similarly on non-square waves) the OSC section is pretty damn strong. LFO waveforms can be shifted about with the X modulator. If those are the only two things holding you back, I'd recommend going for it and buying the synth! :)
Now I'm REALLY thinking about it lol! Really.

I think people are mostly just joking around...
Ha ha suck it!

murnau wrote:
Numanoid wrote:You mean that the synth steadily goes out of tune, yeah that is of great help when spending a couple of hours building the perfect patch :shrug:
That was a behaviour of bad crack not an official demo restriction just sayin'.. :D
I didn't know, must be a long time ago, didn't you just return after having been logged of the net permanently for a year?

I nevertheless prefer Tone 2 demo limitations over u-he's:
u-he demo versions are fully functional. However, after about 2 minutes of use they start to emit a crackling sound (so unload and reload the plugin). Exception: Zebra2 plays quasi-random notes instead

I didn't know, must be a long time ago
How you can prefer something when you obviously a minute ago don't even know what restrictions U-he use?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
I didn't know, must be a long time ago
How you can prefer something when you obviously a minute ago don't even know what restrictions U-he use?
Naturally because I own the u-he stuff I use, Bazille, Hive and ACE 8)

When it comes to demos I prefer time limitations over crakcles anyday :P

Numanoid wrote:
KingTuck wrote:Better restrictions can be seen in u-he stuff
You mean that the synth steadily goes out of tune, yeah that is of great help when spending a couple of hours building the perfect patch :shrug:
Doesn't happen. There's light occasional noise after a couple mins in everything but Zebra 2. How could you prefer 20 minutes of use with no patch recall over that haha? That's ridiculous. You can prefer what you want, but it's still pretty silly. Jam up and listen to your patch in the course of 20 minutes and after it disappears forever! Or the u-he way, where you work as slow/fast as you'd like and can save whatever you put together for use with a full license. Only downfall is some light vinyl crackles.

Only benefit to the first method would be if you intend on just jamming through the factory preset bank.

I prefer the Tone 2 method over u-he in this regard.

But even if don't prefer u-he's way of doing copy protection, I don't go "oh Urs, paranoid paranoid Urs" because of that

As an owner of several U-he synths, their demo restriction gets really annoying the longer you use the synth. Maybe you haven't noticed but after a while, that quiet crackling becomes so loud that it almost blows out my monitors and I have to shut the plug down.

Fortunately, with U-he synths, I pretty much know whether or not I'm going to get them after a very short time with them. I made my mind up on Zebra 2 and Bazille in less than a half hour. Those are two flat out amazing synths. For a starter synth, ACE is pretty good too, if a little limited, relatively speaking to the other two.

But I really can do without the noise on the demos. It does become nerve wracking after a while.

Seeing the popularity and comfortable second-hand sale restrictions (after a given time), I see u-he plugs as safe investements. I don't spend ages demoing them if I like their sound and got the money.

I know I have a chance to get that money back later second-hand.

Numanoid wrote:Seeing the popularity and comfortable second-hand sale restrictions (after a given time), I see u-he plugs as safe investements. I don't spend ages demoing them if I like their sound and got the money.

I know I have a chance to get that money back later second-hand.
Well, if you buy more stuff, anyway. no problem. But there are people who only want to have one good bread-and-butter synth (which Saurus is a candidate for) for years to come, so they want to demo it for hours. I can understand that when you spend 100 euros or more.

Anyhow, u-he plugs is not really what this thread is about.

And you can demo Tone 2 plugs for weeks on end, you just need to restart them every 20 minutes.

I like Tone2 copy-protection, no dongle, or eLicenser, or online installation needed, you get a key file, simple and easy

Yes, it is pretty good. Anything is better than kilohearts One's :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, it is pretty good. Anything is better than kilohearts One's :hihi:
You don't like KiloHearts copy protection?

It's quite good IMO, I got a serial, could install offline

Return to “Instruments”