Sculpture and Mac trackpad users - how do you morph?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bought a Magic Trackpad - absolutely fantastic for browsing the net and stuff but I'm struggling to use it musically, I had this idea I could just do things like 'grab' the little balls in the morph pad in Sculpture or Alchemy's XY grid but it's not happening with Sculpture (although with Alchemy I can do it pretty well). How do I get it to do stuff like that with Sculpture? Maybe I need to convert the trackpad signals to midi cc?

go into system prefs > trackpad, and click on three-finger drag

i can't live without my wacom/trackpad combo....

great for moving regions around in logic, also :tu:

also, 3 fingers on sliders/knobs will change parameters at a faster rate than 2 fingers

Ah Thanks - so it has to be 3 fingers? That's a bit fiddly. The knobs seem to respond to just 2. I noticed I can click and drag but that's also fiddly to maintain the pressure.

Is there an app that convert trackpad to cc?

What I am loving is how fast it is to swipe between pages in Safari and desktops/apps. So intuitive.

aMUSEd wrote:Ah Thanks - so it has to be 3 fingers? That's a bit fiddly. The knobs seem to respond to just 2. I noticed I can click and drag but that's also fiddly to maintain the pressure.

Is there an app that convert trackpad to cc?

What I am loving is how fast it is to swipe between pages in Safari and desktops/apps. So intuitive.
http://www.osculator.net/
http://www.orderedbytes.com/

not sure how either of these perform, but i have been looking into controllermate for gaming with gamepad

i don't really find the 3-finger swipe so twitchy, but i have not used it in timing-critical situations

trackpad functionality within osx is just one of the things that keeps me with apple. the gestures (and the speed with which they work), with mission control, spaces etc, becomes impossible to live without

Thanks, I have Osculator, didn't realise it would work with the trackpad.

aMUSEd wrote:Thanks, I have Osculator, didn't realise it would work with the trackpad.
it might not. it was just the first place i would look. i wanted to use it for my wacom, but never got around to it. if i can get it all working under controllermate, then i'll go for that

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”