Can Mulab use 24 bit samples?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My apologies fro bringing up a dead topic Jo,

I'm working on a Java based project called Sonic Candle. Recently, Ryan (gloves12 on KVR) and I ran into an issue where we tried to convert an mp3 file to wav. The API we used to do so was able to do it, but the wav file header is off by 8 bytes (http://www.topherlee.com/software/pcm-t ... ormat.html see the file size header). Instead of being 8 bytes smaller it is eqaul to the actual size of the wav file. Is this some form of special format of wav or do I need to create an override for the API?

Thank you for you help,

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Damn i was confused and first got on the first page of this topic and i quickly downloaded the samples you linked to:
Happy to see they load fine now in M6.4.

Anyway, no read your post of today. I'm not sure if i understand your question. Is this related to MuLab/MUX? Are there any new wavefiles that don't load? Or is it a question independent from MuLab/MUX about a 3rd party api sdk? If yes isn't there a website/forum about that api? Didn't google reveal answers?

mutools wrote:Damn i was confused and first got on the first page of this topic and i quickly downloaded the samples you linked to:
My bad :oops:

Should've done this in a private message or something :dog:

I came here wondering if the issue was the same or if it is different. I generally trust you on DSP more than the DSP forums as I've worked with you before (on Mutools projects of course).

My google searching led me to the website I linked (http://www.topherlee.com/software/pcm-t ... ormat.html) which led me to understand the 8-bit issue. My question is regarding if I should accept the incorrect header file that the API generates or override the API and make it generate a correct file.

Again my apologies for 1. scaring you, 2. bringing a non-direct to Mutools question up, and 3. raising up a dead topic.

Regards,

Chris
My Setup.

Oh and as this isn't a Mutools related topic, feel free to put this as a low priority thread or even not answer all together. I was simply hoping to get the opinion of someone I know who knows what they're doing :D
My Setup.

It's difficult to give advice Chris cause i don't know the context. I would have to research the very issue.

That's alright. I'll keep researching on my own. I don't want to steal your time :)

Thanks for conversing with me,

Chris
My Setup.

Return to “MUTOOLS”