2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

If the 4k display is 40" then the pixels per inch are roughly the same as a 2560px wide display at 27" to 30" or so. So there is no problem really.

I think 4k at 27" (or worse 5k at 27") is overkill personally. I'd rather have a larger physical display and actually make us of all the extra pixels run at their native resolution.

Prob 5k at 45" is perfection ImHO.

...so after some headaches getting Paralells installed properly, I now have Win 8.1 running in a 2560*1600 window inside the OSX 10.3 desktop size of 3840*2160. (note this is only about 50% of the total pixels on the 4k display...)

On a 12-core machine, with the large physical display, this more or less replaces my dual workstation (one OSX, on Win) and dual 30" display setup in my primary office!

Very cool! (as long as I don't have to waste hours getting Paralells to load windows every morning... (I think there is some issue with the 4K display and desktop resizing in Win via "Full Screen" and "Coherence" options in Paralells." Now that I disabled both, which is perfectly fine for me, it seems to load consistently...)

Quite cool! You could make the ultimate sound-design setup this way, as some esoteric SD apps are OSX-only, and others are Win-Only...

Here is a spacey techno jam session I have been working on that utilizes Kaleidoscope (4 different instances). Kaleidoscope sounds so spacey / cosmic with the right reverb :love:

Reverb on KS and and percussion is B2.

https://soundcloud.com/voice303/solar-eclipse
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Kaleidoscope doesn't make any sound for me anymore. When i turn it on the sound is muted always. Not sure what i'm doing wrong here. Strange thing it worked a few days ago.

Edit: O.k. my fault.... i used a disk cleaner and it seems it deleted the path to the library sound sources so i had to connect it again. :dog:

One KS, One B2 (small edit of default preset 12.5% wet just for a little space):

http://2caudio.com/sitecontent/products ... hOst01.wav

24-bit wav.

quite a nice little meandering tech obstinato IMHO...

Processing a repeating multiphonic flute tremolo with Kaleidoscope, B2 and MeldaMultibandGranular (which processes the KS signal).

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/k ... lute-scape

Galbanum wrote:...so after some headaches getting Paralells installed properly, I now have Win 8.1 running in a 2560*1600 window inside the OSX 10.3 desktop size of 3840*2160.
Quite cool! You could make the ultimate sound-design setup this way, as some esoteric SD apps are OSX-only, and others are Win-Only...
Sure is! How does your audio hardware get shared? Can you playback something in one OS and record it in the other, in either direction? Sorry for the OT but... ;)

Another great new review of KS by buenasideas.de in Geman here:

http://www.buenasideas.de/test/musikpro ... n-2caudio/

According to Google Translate:
I never was during the exploration of a new audio program so overwhelmed by the new opportunities opened up since, as of Kaleidoscope. "Mind blowing" that is, in English aptly and yes, it literally blew away the brain...
Maybe Simon can tell us what the rest says. :D

Thanks for the very thorough work guys! Looks great! :tu:

Galbanum wrote:Another great new review of KS by buenasideas.de in Geman here:

http://www.buenasideas.de/test/musikpro ... n-2caudio/

According to Google Translate:
I never was during the exploration of a new audio program so overwhelmed by the new opportunities opened up since, as of Kaleidoscope. "Mind blowing" that is, in English aptly and yes, it literally blew away the brain...
Maybe Simon can tell us what the rest says. :D

Thanks for the very thorough work guys! Looks great! :tu:
I found this review 2 days ago, the author Stefan Federspiel is an audio hobbyist who frequently contacts me to ask wether plugin x/y is worth taking a look at, in the case of KS I hooked him on it and his review is outstanding, very detailed and on the point, not the usual blabla-I-love-reading-my-own-writing-kind-of-bla you so often read around here.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I found this review 2 days ago, the author Stefan Federspiel is an audio hobbyist who frequently contacts me to ask wether plugin x/y is worth taking a look at, in the case of KS I hooked him on it and his review is outstanding, very detailed and on the point, not the usual blabla-I-love-reading-my-own-writing-kind-of-bla you so often read around here.
Yes, he did a wonderful job. :tu: :tu: Very good writer from what I can tell from using Google Translate.

Thanks for the recommend! :tu:

Cubase does not load the plugin.

The demo did work in Cubase on mac, the purchased version does not: the plugin is not recognized, it does not show up among installed plugins. In Logic there is sound coming out, in Ableton it seems to work, but I do not use Ableton, I use Cubase.

I purchased based on what the demo did. So why does Cubase not see the purchase version of the plugin?

I just confirmed by dowsnloading and installing demo, that it works in Cubase, re-installed purchased version with the same result: Cubase does not "see" it.

Whoaah, please, less of a trip and better basic implementaion and documentation would be a real improvent.

So how do I get it working in Cubase, did you who marked this plugin not tell that you actually use Cubase?

neinneinnein wrote:I just confirmed by dowsnloading and installing demo, that it works in Cubase, re-installed purchased version with the same result: Cubase does not "see" it.

Whoaah, please, less of a trip and better basic implementaion and documentation would be a real improvent.

So how do I get it working in Cubase, did you who marked this plugin not tell that you actually use Cubase?

If you look earlier in the thread you will see all sorts of screen shots showing KS working in Cubase. Yes, Cubase on OSX, is my personal most-used DAW, and yes, it 110% works in Cubase.

So I suspect maybe there is some install error? Can you try a re-install? Perhaps delete library/application support/2C-Audio/ first if KS is the only product of ours you have installed, and then re-run the installer. Are you running the installer while the DAW is open? You should not. You should quit the DAW, as some protect various folders while loaded and may interfere with writing files to them.

Or are you looking maybe in Instruments, instead of FX? KS is found in FX.

I found somwthing about those "black lists" that Cubase has. On Mac I found them in what is the username/library/preferneces/cubase

and deleted them, then restarted Cubase and kaleidoscope is there! No no idea what Cubase is putting on black list and why and if it will put kaleiodoscope there agian, but at least for now it seems solved form user perspective.

Some cool rhythmic images from stuff I have been working on. These should use 4:1 sync period (4 measures) to achieve a 16th note pulse...

Enjoy!

Return to “Effects”