Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The open Bazille developement process allowed the many testers
to buy with full confidence. U-he are pleasantly surprised with
Bazille's popularity. I didn't really follow the Diva release too much,
but Zebra was good enough for Batman, so the sounds of wonder woman could be
a no-brainer. It should be law that we get more years, if we buy more synths :hihi:

@ Abique thanks, somehow i just missed the link.. :O

StudioDave wrote:
glokraw wrote:Of course the purchase choices themselves may not be easy
The only downside I've discovered about u-he products. I'm currently agonizing over "Diva or Bazille". :)
[/quote]

Hehehehe, I'd say that it is good to make our life easy :wheee:

:o What? MFM is in the new audacity version effects list...Satin and Presswerk are also there...
Live editing :hyper: :party: :hyper:

glokraw wrote::o What? MFM is in the new audacity version effects list...Satin and Presswerk are also there...
Live editing :hyper: :party: :hyper:
That's awesome!
The UI (plugin 1 to 15) is not so great yet, but that's an improvement I did not expect!
Congratulation to the Audacity team! :)

StudioDave wrote: The only downside I've discovered about u-he products. I'm currently agonizing over "Diva or Bazille". :)
I second this! I will not disclose how much of my money I have already sent to Urs and Co.- but it ain't chicken feed. :wink:

@abique- thank you again for the wonderful work you have done on these plugins! The only major problem I've had thus far was a problem with the Hive beta-and that was quickly and easily fixed with a change in file permissions.

My own personal agonizing has been Hive or Bazille- I bought Hive because a good friend wants me to do an EDM project with him, and that's not where my music really lives- but I'm learning from it :borg: . I figured using Hive might my steer my brain and creativity in that general direction. Don't get me wrong, EDM is fun, and Hive (even in Beta) is terrific- but I just keep going back to Bazille. It just sounds so damn good!!
:D :party: :D :party: :D :tu:
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

tomsa wrote:Don't get me wrong, EDM is fun
Something that can send you down to your DNA and up to the galaxies is fun! :wheee:

abique wrote:Something that can send you down to your DNA and up to the galaxies is fun! :wheee:
Dude, you just so sound like a Linux coder. :)

Congratulations U-he !!!

All plugs running well on Ardour 4 and LMD2 (Linux Mint Debian 2) :clap:

I don't know why ? but with Zebra for example, the LINUX sound is better than PC and OS-X with the same equipment !

Regard's
Patrick

pgt wrote:Congratulations U-he !!!

I don't know why ? but with Zebra for example, the LINUX sound is better than PC and OS-X with the same equipment !

Regard's
Patrick
Thanks a lot! :)
For the sound quality difference, it could be fun to record and compare; be sure to reset your oscillators and use the same sample rate ;-).

Got problems with Presswerk and latest Ardour 4 Nightly Builds. When I add Presswerk to a session sometimes the complete GUI is frozen and it's not possible to move any controls on the Presswerk GUI but you can still hear the movement of the controls in the resulting sounds. It's also not possible to remove the plugin from the channel anymore, Ardour will hang and must be killed.

There is another 'interesting' bug with Presswerk and Ardour. When I use Presswerk on a channel and then import a sound into Ardour with the import dialog using the Autoplay function to automatically play the selected sound in the dialog Ardour crashes immediately. The error I got in the console is:

ardour-4.0.312: ../libs/ardour/process_thread.cc:102: static ARDOUR::BufferSet& ARDOUR::ProcessThread::get_scratch_buffers(ARDOUR::ChanCount, bool): Zusicherung »sb->available() >= count« nicht erfüllt.

This is only with Presswerk, Satin or Bazille ist working well. The reason must be a recent change in Ardour or Presswerk because it was working some minor versions before.

I'm using Debian 8. Thanks!

As you've already said you're using the nightly builds (i.e. it's unstable version). It's likely that this is an Ardour issue.

I think that this bug is related to the new x11 optimisations that I did. Meanwhile just close the window and re-open it.

I'll fix this bug soon.

abique wrote:
pgt wrote:Congratulations U-he !!!

Regard's
Patrick
Thanks a lot! :)
For the sound quality difference, it could be fun to record and compare; be sure to reset your oscillators and use the same sample rate ;-).
I've found why ! drivers not up-to date, now latency and cpu charge are identical :wink:

abique wrote:I think that this bug is related to the new x11 optimisations that I did. Meanwhile just close the window and re-open it.

I'll fix this bug soon.
The nightly build 317 of Ardour does fix the crash with the import dialog. Closing and reopening the Presswerk window does work a few time but not all the time. Waiting for the fix, thanks! :D

Return to “u-he”