Impulse Response [IR] sites that have surround impulses

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I am looking for real surround impulses (front and rear speaker), i search long, but i find nothing. are there some free out ?. if so please post link. I also like surround impulses from hardware reverb.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

out of curiosity why would you want surround impulses ?

u plan to do a Movie ?

cuz thats the only reason to use surround sound
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I notice that music sound fuller and better when i use on my surround receiver the adv surround programs for rock. but it add reverb too all. this add reverb so that reverb come from 4 speakers. music is play normal with 2 speaker. Only the generate reverb is surround uoto 7.1 possibel. because for real live feeling reverb is hear from backside too even if the band play only from front. so have real reverb sound better because give fuller sound. and it sound clearer, when more reverb come from backside and not so much come from front. try it out. currently i just use another reverb on back channels. it sound good too i think, but it is of course not real world. its only fake and give fullness. I never hear a real surround reverb, maybe this sound as i sit real in a concert room. so i like test real reverb impulses.

because currently no anwser say there is currently nothing here. but i maybe somebody somewhere anything and remember this thread and tell us ;-)

I'm not a tech geek so I might be wrong, but isn't a reverb unit/plugin that is able to work and process in Surround that you need in fact, with the proper Surround setup? How can a sample be itself Surround ?

A reverb does simulate the room. And if you have connect rear speaker to your system and your room simulator(reverb) create reverb for rear speaker too, then it sound fuller. because in real world come from the room reverb from behind ear. And this can play with rear speaker. currently i use 1 reverb from front speaker and 1 reverb for back speaker. I use reaper now most and if i have real impulses for reaverb and the rear channel, maybe sound even more better. I use HDMI out with WSAPI to my surround receiver. latency 5 ms work very good. I can use with my soundblaster Z dolby digital out, but dolby digital encoding add latency of 100 ms i guess. I hear it very much and is unplayable in realtime play. I need not use a soundcard anymore a GFX card with HDMI out or PC with HDMI out, is best. soundblaster z have 6 analog out for surround, but my receiver have only stereo analog in and HDMI in.

Don't understand one thing you wrote above :?

I've re-read 4 times and still have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

surround sound impulses would mean placing 5 to 7 IDENTICAL Microphones each pointing to its angle
a surround impulse is unnecessary

u shouldn't mix with consumer surround-sound speakers.The sound u perceive as "fuller" is just an illusion(psycho-acoustic) kinda like those "3D audio" or "SRS true surround" and
DTS Sound things on Hi-Fi systems.

if you're serious about recording and mixing u should get better speakers and a higher quality sound-card(sound-blasters are crap)
Record your music with mono and stereo tracks with standard studio Monitor speakers,not the stuff from big chain or High-end boutique stores.go to a proper Musical instrument store.

if you really want to mix it for surround sound you'll need 5 to 7 Identical studio Monitor...why studio monitor u ask ? because you want to hear whats wrong with your mix instead of having "enhanced" sound output of that specific make and model of speakers that won't sound as good for another make and model of surround system.

once you're done recording load 5 to 7(for 5.1 or 7.1) instances of the impulse.

Pan the tracks to your liking using a Dolby(or other) Encoder plugin. that way u can control how each speaker has that room's sound.

Once your done,export.

The sound u perceive as "fuller" is just an illusion(psycho-acoustic)
thats right, all is a psycho-acoustic illusion, a real band in a church or good concert room, cant reproduce in my living room perfect. But if it is possible to have the psycho-acoustic illusion of the real fit better to real, so wy not use real surround reverb.

I hear great surround tracks(from room impression), and if i mix, i get not the good reverb sound. and anyway as my speaker sound, if i play a song not compose and mix from me and it sound great, and also better than my songs, then not the speakers are problem. It can be only my knowledge or technology (room) i have not, to get the same great song out of my speakers. I only update my speakers, if i notice that other sound much much better.

My surround receiver do measuring of speaker. I use 4 speakers. front is Alesis Monitor 1 mk2, rear is tannoy System 8 NFM 2. i verify with the free REW calibration program)when receiver speaker correction is on), it is ok in +/-3 db. Also the measure microphone is good enough.
be more precise is not possible because 2-3 db it vary depend on move head

Sure it can be better, but i hear some good speakers, not much better. measuring bring alot. special on low frequency. I use no subwoofers, and the kickdrums (around 45-50 hz ) come linear. thats enough for me
have surround on rear speaker bring more as better front speaker. Because if have real surround reverb that come from real rear speaker should sound better as the sound come only from front speaker. I dont think that it is possible to get the good reverbsound of a real church with only 2 speakers. and 4 speaker can produce the room better.

magicmusic wrote:
The sound u perceive as "fuller" is just an illusion(psycho-acoustic)
thats right, all is a psycho-acoustic illusion, a real band in a church or good concert room, cant reproduce in my living room perfect. But if it is possible to have the psycho-acoustic illusion of the real fit better to real, so wy not use real surround reverb.

I hear great surround tracks(from room impression), and if i mix, i get not the good reverb sound. and anyway as my speaker sound, if i play a song not compose and mix from me and it sound great, and also better than my songs, then not the speakers are problem. It can be only my knowledge or technology (room) i have not, to get the same great song out of my speakers. I only update my speakers, if i notice that other sound much much better.

My surround receiver do measuring of speaker. I use 4 speakers. front is Alesis Monitor 1 mk2, rear is tannoy System 8 NFM 2. i verify with the free REW calibration program)when receiver speaker correction is on), it is ok in +/-3 db. Also the measure microphone is good enough.
be more precise is not possible because 2-3 db it vary depend on move head

Sure it can be better, but i hear some good speakers, not much better. measuring bring alot. special on low frequency. I use no subwoofers, and the kickdrums (around 45-50 hz ) come linear. thats enough for me
have surround on rear speaker bring more as better front speaker. Because if have real surround reverb that come from real rear speaker should sound better as the sound come only from front speaker. I dont think that it is possible to get the good reverbsound of a real church with only 2 speakers. and 4 speaker can produce the room better.
I'm having difficulties understanding what you're saying. What is your native language ? if its french, i speak french...but your English in this thread is incoherent(not trying to insult you)

Thx by the way realmarco, for your previous reply above. Cool and clean explanations. Nice input :tu:

I'm having difficulties understanding what you're saying. What is your native language ? if its french, i speak french...but your English in this thread is incoherent(not trying to insult you)
my english is far away from perfect ;-) . Its german. maybe it is your technical understanding. Do you have pysical knowledge about hearing ?

When hear music not loud the room you hear do very few reflections, that can hear from ear. If speakers are in front, you get with low volume a dry sound, most studio mixes add not much room.

Many people increase volume to make the music louder. Then the room produce more reverb reflections(from backside too) and bring a fuller sound, people more like. But hear music loud is not good for ears. I find out, that i find the music better, when i use more reverb and from rear speaker, to give a fuller sound. So i can in fact hear music at lower level and i get the feeling, it sound great. I measure how loud i need so i find great. It is only 73 db i need to have a great music feeling. and the reason is, because i use reverb. and when need only 73 db, small speaker can produce a better sound in bass. over 76 db is not good for ears.

So my idea is, have real surround reverb i can hear music at lower levels and safe my ears more.
of course for release music, i verify that it sound as other songs in reverb and i use less reverb.

I see, you want to hear your surround sound CDs with reverb on it.

you like to hear a room's ambiance.

that means your listening room is pretty dry. the only way you found is to set your Music really loud. but you don't wanna get ear fatigue.

tell me about your room. are the walls covered with something ?

also for surround sound CDs the problem is that the instruments are already panned.

the only way is to extract the CD's surrround tracks and then assign reverb to each individual tracks on your computer for a convolution reverb plugin to make sense.

a surround sound reverb is only usefull if you are mixing and you have control to where each instruments are going to get panned

magicmusic wrote:
I use 4 speakers. front is Alesis Monitor 1 mk2, rear is tannoy System 8 NFM 2.
this is a problem. For a true surround sound experience, your speakers should be all identical except for the Sub.

so you should have 5 to 7 Alesis Monitor 1 MKII. the sub has to have the bass that the Alesis cannot play

realmarco wrote:I see, you want to hear your surround sound CDs with reverb on it.

you like to hear a room's ambiance.

that means your listening room is pretty dry. the only way you found is to set your Music really loud. but you don't wanna get ear fatigue.

tell me about your room. are the walls covered with something ?

also for surround sound CDs the problem is that the instruments are already panned.

the only way is to extract the CD's surrround tracks and then assign reverb to each individual tracks on your computer for a convolution reverb plugin to make sense.

a surround sound reverb is only usefull if you are mixing and you have control to where each instruments are going to get panned
Is no speakers problem, because such records sound great and full and i think they sound as in a real cinema with my speakers. this is pirates of caribbean soundtrack. this is only stereo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYq85kcIlVc

I am happy with the sound, so i want to know how get this room feeling. and maybe use real surround impulses enhance even more

What speakers you have, how far you sit away and how loud do you hear ?. have you calibrate your speaker ?. Have you surround system ?

My walls are not covered by something. I use near field, my speakers are only 60 cm away. of course a living room sound not so good as a Cathedral or concert room. maybe for you is reverb in music not important. I hear your music, and i hear no room feeling. I need hear your music very loud, to sound it fuller. Sure when put the speakers on other places it can sound better but wy should i do. many songs sound great in reverb, i can safe my ears and i not disturb my wife. Because for other people make music is a pain to hear. headphones i want not hear, sound not so full, and not comfortable

I want produce the reverb of a cathedral reflections that come from back, with sourround speaker. That i need no expensive speakers to produce reverb is physical explain, because reverb signals of room are only in range of 400 hz- 4 khz sound good. reverb is only in middle frequency range. And if a speaker is measure and is in this range linear it is good. My surround receiver calibrate the speaker, so they are in phase and in frequency.

magicmusic wrote:
Is no speakers problem, because such records sound great and full and i think they sound as in a real cinema with my speakers. this is pirates of caribbean soundtrack. this is only stereo.
that is just your opinion. getting identical speakers for front,left,right and back + sub
Will make the sound of the music and movies the way they are meant to be. using different speakers makes the sound being reproduced as if it was processed with EQ. it is the same as if you were listening to stereo with 2 different speaker from 2 different companies.
I am happy with the sound, so i want to know how get this room feeling. and maybe use real surround impulses enhance even more
if you like it, well thats your choice
room feeling
I need hear your music very loud, to sound it fuller.
the "room feeling" you say is short reverb and the "Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness Curve"

human ears hear differently when sound is Loud or soft It is the "Fletcher-Munson Equal Loudness Curve"

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/audiofool/archi ... etter.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher%E ... son_curves

if u want to hear your music as if it was loud u will need a graphic EQ with 24 bands for each individual Speakers just for that curve.I highly suggest a plugin for that.

you also need to measure and calibrate your music listening room and measure the acoustics with something like this

http://www.deqx.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwjpeq ... oCQ87w_wcB

there are software alternatives to having the correction Hardware options

you will also need a Flat frequency Lab microphone for the measurements. they are not expensive because they do not enhance pleasantly the sound Like a recording/live microphone would.

all Movie Theatres have gone through this.If i were you i would try to talk to the manager and have him refer you to a professionnal.

I realize this sounds complicated and a little expensive but it is necessary if you want the best.
I want produce the reverb of a cathedral reflections that come from back, with sourround speaker.
Loading a stereo impulse for each speakers is what u need. you just have to set each of them with their own different settings.

Here i found this
http://legacy.spa.aalto.fi/projects/poririrs/

..assuming you have a Surround sound Convolution reverb plugin

tell me, the surround sound music you listen to, where does it come from ?
CDs,DVD or mp3 ?

I'm assuming you rip the music to your computer (in order to use a convolution plugin)

do you send from your computer a dolby/wutever encoded audio stream to your receiver...or do you assign each decoded tracks in your DAW to each different speakers coming out of your soundcard(it needs to have at least 6 to 8 outputs(im counting the sub)

Return to “Effects”