Hive request for sequencer...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, I'm loving this synth, I am usually a geek, and really love synths like Bazille, which is my favorite of all time, but I do find Hive a lot of fun to come up with stuff fast when doing more notation stuff and not sound discovery. (not that its bad for sound discovery, it's just very fast and intuitive for common sounds, which is a plus :)

My request is a simple one, maybe not so simple to implement but I'm sure many others would enjoy, which is scales for the sequencer, its the one thing I always wish every synthesizer that has a programmable sequencer would have. It's very annoying when you come up with an awesome sequence and you would like to play it on the keyboard and go up and down the scale, but when you do, several keys play not in the scale you are trying to play in. ie- I want to play F minor scale and in my sequence, it will play say the B key when I want it to play B flat. It would be far superior to anything else if scales were implemented, so if you wanted to, by choice, you could have keys moved to the correct scale. I hope you understand what I mean. Like, I know what keys are in the scale I'm playing, but when I set the sequencer to play a sequence that is initially correct, certain keys that I hold down play keys that are not in the right scale and it plays out of tune.

Other than that, I'm having a ton of fun in Hive, great job!
Bryan

coming. Maybe not initially, but it's on the way.

You could probably load a .tun file made with the Arprestrictor (not sure if it's still available anywhere on our website), load it into Diva, save to a .h2p file and load that into Hive. I've always wanted to deploy that functionality into our keyboard controls. Hive is our first synth with that control. It'll happen, some fine day.

http://www.u-he.com/scripting/Arprestrictor.php (caution - vintage u-he web design)

For C major, add

-1 semitones to d flat,
+1 to e flat
+1 to g flat

(someone could also add the microtuning loader and switch to Hive's UI so one can load those things directly... before we embed this functionality into the keyboard control)

Hmmm, I could actually also add this as presets to Hive... they'd only change the scale of the current. preset, nothing else... ah well...

Urs wrote:coming. Maybe not initially, but it's on the way.

You could probably load a .tun file made with the Arprestrictor (not sure if it's still available anywhere on our website), load it into Diva, save to a .h2p file and load that into Hive. I've always wanted to deploy that functionality into our keyboard controls. Hive is our first synth with that control. It'll happen, some fine day.

Awesome, and thanks for the response! I believe that most synths out there with sequencers built in, miss out on this opportunity. And as for Hive, everything is laid out pretty much perfectly for creating sounds fast, and if it had that feature to be able to select a scale for the sequencer to keep the notes in, this synth will be unstoppable lol, I'm loving it the way it is, but with that feature you could build up tracks so much faster. Something like the Diatonic Transposer in Bitwig, would be perfect, and I'm not just saying for use in the Arp, but also that it would effect the sequencer too. I personally don't use arps much, but the built in sequencer is a lot of fun to come up with quick melodies and would just be nice to automatically transpose to the right keys when I'm playing it on the keyboard.

Again though, great job, everything you guys touch turns to gold. I also just bought Presswerk and Satin, they are amazing! You have a big fan here :)

Return to “u-he”